Which resort for an Oct. trip???

• AKL

• Swan

• WL

• GF

Results are only viewable after voting.

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose for a Oct. trip: AKL, Swan, WL, or GF? And why? We are a family of three with a 6yo ds. We have stayed at the GF and the AKL previously and enjoyed both.We love being on a monorail resort, but we also love DS and Epcot! We are also DVC members and already have planned a 6 night stay at OKW. But, we would love to stay at a deluxe for 3-4 nights before checking into OKW. Please help! Thanks:Pinkbounc

I picked WL, even though it's not my favorite, because you've already stayed at the GF and AKL and I always like to try new places. I've stayed at the Swan and it's okay, but for a 6 yo I think the WL would be more fun.

I picked WL because of the themes and the fact you have not stayed there - you would love it. It is very easy to get to the TTC by bus for the Monorails or to the MK by boat.

Thanks
Jason

I voted for the GF because it's close to MK and I'm sure your son loves the monorail. I know mine does! :)

If YC would have been an option I would have chosen it first and GF second. :)

I picked WL as you have not stayed there. This resort is one of favorites because it is simply beautiful. Much like AKL there is also a place for your daughter to go in the Cub's Den. It is convenient to MK and for visiting the other monorail hotels. I think you will truly enjoy your stay there.

I chose the GF because it is a pretty resort and because you can take the monorail to the MK and then take the boat back to GF which is very convenient. They also have the newer zero depth entry pool in addition to the main pool.

I picked the Swan for the location to EPCOT. There are also a lot of fun things for a 6 year old to do on the boardwalk, games, face painting, bikes, etc. Right in the middle of the action!!! My kids never want to be in the room they want to be moving all the time while at WDW.

Since you've never stayed there, I'd say try the WL. It is very convenient to MK (great with a 6 y.o.), it has great restaurants and lots of fun activities. I love the Swan, but it's in a more adult corner of the world, so it may not be so great for your DS; and, since you've stayed at AKL and GF, I'd try some place new.

Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!!!

Ahh.... I don't think we will ever stay anywhere else. It's our new favorite resort!!!

I picked WL because you said you hadn't stayed there before...

... and because that's where we're staying in October!! :bounce:

I chose the WL because my favorite, the Poly, wasn't an option. ;-)

We never stay anywhere besides the Poly (sentimental reasons) but if I had to chose another resort I'd go with the WL. I've never been inside the WL but from the pictures I've seen and the way people describe it it sounds SO cozy. Maybe on our trip this October I'll take a trip over to the lodge with DH & DD to check it out. :-)

Debbie

Picked the Grand Floridian, ONLY because of your October date. If your date is over an MNSSHP, there will be FABULOUS fireworks over the magic kingdom! They have an extra special fireworks display for the party! That you do not want to miss. So the monorail resort get's my vote! MKY ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter