Departure day what to do?

fire616

Mouseketeer
We fly out at 6:30 pm. I figure DME will pick us up around 3-3:30. I need some ideas of what to do that last morning. Just my DH and me.

We fly out at 6:30 pm. I figure DME will pick us up around 3-3:30. I need some ideas of what to do that last morning. Just my DH and me.
Where are you staying? If you’re at YC/BC, BWI or S/D, then visit Epcot or HS. It’s easy to walk back to your resort. Any of the monorail resorts, then go to the MK. If you’re at OKW, SSR, POR or POFQ, then Disney Springs is a safe choice. And if you’re at AKL, then AK might work for a quick trip.

What you don’t want is to be anxiously waiting for a Disney bus to take you back to your resort in time for DME.

You could also just plan to relax at your resort. Sleep in. Grab a late breakfast. Get some pool time in. Shop for last-minute souvenirs in the gift shop. The time goes quicker than you think.

We also go to a park, usually whichever one has EMH am hours. We are rope droppers, though. We take the bus back to resort leaving the park about 1 1/2 hours before our DME pickup time. Take in Disney as long as you can!

With a flight 5:00pm or later (or a DME pickup 2:00 or later) we always go to a park. If that’s not an option ...

Disney Springs, mini golfing at Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens or take the monorail ride around the MK resorts and browse/have a TS meal.

Ditto - where are you staying ?
Near DS - go to DS for the AM - Boat back by noon to ...
Near MK - have an extra ticket day ? Go to MK
Near EPCOT - have an extra ticket day ? Go to EPCOT
NO ticket...
Mini Golf, DS, resort pool, tour another resort, ride the monorail on last time, play tennis, rent a boat.....

We take our time and stay in room until 11am check out. Then we go to pool for a few hours until we leave for a nice lunch at one of the resorts or Earl of Sandwich. Then we head to MCO. We rent a car so no DME to worry about.

We always go to MK on our last day to say good bye to the castle and take a final stroll down Main Street. If you have a ticket for your last day you should be able to spend a few hours in the park of your choice and catch a bus around 1:00 to head back to Pop without feeling rushed.

I always want to go to MK one last time but we’re always more relaxed on departure day if we just stay at the resort. Take our time getting out of the room, have a nice lunch, spend a few hours by the pool...

With that late of a flight, I'd definitely go to a park. Are any having EMH that morning? Could go early, stay through lunch and then head back to the resort for some leisurely last minute gift shop browsing.

On our departure date, we won’t be using a park ticket so we will be sleeping in and then having a late breakfast at Chef Mickey’s so the kids have one last encounter with the Mickey magic. Maybe take the monorail around the loop then spend some time at the Boardwalk (we are staying at BC). Not planning on doing Disney Springs shopping the last day because we will be there earlier in the week for our off/pool day.

When we have that Kate of a flight, we go to a park for the morning, leaving our carry on with bell services. We we're staying at AKL this last trip, so we just took the bus to and from Animal Kingdom, but if we were further away, probably would have taken a Minnie Van back to maximize the amount of time in the park.

Even though I'm an early riser, I typically take my sweet time getting out of the room, walk around the resort, and/or have one last decent breakfast before heading home.

A lot of my experiences have been at the Fort, when that's the case I get up to see the sunrise on the dock, get some pecan rolls to bring back to the site, and leave at the very last minute. Or if I plan on doing something on that day (after getting out of the room), typically do Disney Springs for last minute shopping (as typically if I'm with someone they save it for the last minute) and having a nice late breakfast / early lunch there.

we go to Disney springs and eat then do a tie dye shirt at the pool while waiting for ME.

I need some ideas of what to do that last morning.
With a flight that late i would add on a park day. It is usually not that much more money to add on a day and it will give you 3 more FP to play with. You can make it a more relaxing park day - hitting a few rides, shops grabbing lunch. We usually pick MK for our last park day, just because it feels a little more magical compared to the other parks.

DS is also a good option for lunch and shopping if you don't want to add a park day.

We usually hang out in the room until check out then have lunch at the resort. But, we have also snagged a couple of early FPs hit a park at rope drop and stay for a couple of hours then head back, allowing time to finish up in the room (changing one last time if it is hot!). Then, we'll check our bags and have a long lunch at a different resort - using Uber to get back in time for MDE.

A pool day is nice, too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!