Deposit credited when modifying stay online

theterms

Mouseketeer
Originally booked SF King at $194/night 7/16-18 APH and saw they had a 2Q APH rate at $139. Called, but they were closed so I modified online. Do they transfer the previous deposit to the modified rez? Or do they refund and then re-book?

When I modified they just transferred the old deposit. No refund for lower price, just a transfer. But then you owe that much less when you get there. :)

In my experience, they've done both. However, if you didn't have to enter a new credit card number, I assume they will just transfer your old deposit.

It transferred my deposit, did not refund the very small difference. Did it online and didn't speak to anyone.

Originally booked SF King at $194/night 7/16-18 APH and saw they had a 2Q APH rate at $139. Called, but they were closed so I modified online. Do they transfer the previous deposit to the modified rez? Or do they refund and then re-book?

I just called about this last week because I was confused.

I booked online at a high rate and modified online when the rate dropped. The reservation number remained the same but my initial deposit wasn’t taken into account after I modified. It just said the new amount that I owed. When I called about it, they said yes, they could see my initial deposit and it would not be refunded. I’d just pay the difference on that amount when I check in.

I didn’t know you could modify online!
I will try that next time- good to know.
I’m so excited- only about 3 more weeks til we’re there!

That's great! I actually paid for my room in full at sapphire for next month, thinking of changing room types, so it sounds like if I do it on line, they would transfer my money to new reservation (hopefully!)

And the opposite of that, when I changed my reservation online and the new price was higher, they transferred my initial deposit over and just charged my card for the additional deposit needed.

I called last night, she was able to transfer all my money to the new reservation, I had paid for the first reservation in full, so I was glad they were able to do it. I just owe a little bit, so I can pay that when we arrive, or even pay it off before we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts