Designers in training..Photoshop elements newbies

DreaminDisney2013; love the Planes DISign but I think the wording would read a bit better as

On my way for my 1st trip
to Walt Disney World

just my 2 cents!! no needed changes to image though. Terrific!! :thumbsup2

Marion,

I am trying to alter the name on one of your templates using Word 2007 but can't figure out how to do it. Can you help me?

Thanks,
Tracy

I would love to start DISigning, is PSE the best to get?

Well I went and bought it and have done my first DISign, need some more practice though before I can start sharing

I think its a matter of personal preference... I design invites and the like in indesign instead of photoshop.

I am a PSE fan! I started with photo manipulation and digital scrapping and am currently using it to to some t-shirt designs. I am starting to wander around this board and am loving all of the creative things people are doing.

I had never seen taxedos (sp?) before now. I saw a website where you can create some, but not the wonderful Disney designs folks here are doing. Can anyone tell me how these are done? I can't imagine that each word has to be placed individually, but at the same time, don't know of any other way.

I just finished making my way through all of the previous posts in the thread. There are some great tidbits hidden throughout the chatter. :-)

I wanted to offer something up. One of the things that instructors of photo manipulation really stress is doing non-destructive edits so you can always easily back up and do something a bit differently. There is a super easy way to "clip" two layers together so that the bottom layer shows through the shape of the top layer. The neat thing about that is you can then move the bottom layer around so the exact part you want to show through is showing. This makes name fills a breeze!

I have never "filmed" a tutorial before, so let me look and see what is involved with that, but in the meantime, if you have your text layer on top, your picture layer underneath and then hover your mouse on the line between the two layers and alt-click, the bottom layer will "fill" the shape of the top layer, but they will both still be independent so you can move each of them around to exactly where you want them to be.

I need to see about getting photoshop. I would love to work on some things but I'm just using publisher and my name fills are just not coming out very well. I'm trying to do a fill with the frozen theme and it's just not working out.

Twinkle - There is a free 30 day trial for all of the Adobe products. You might consider downloading it and playing with it to see what you think. Photoshop Elements is a very powerful package for the price. Yes, there are some things that the full version of Photoshop does that it can't do, but not many. (And certainly not enough to justify the hundreds of dollars of price difference in my case!)

does anyone here do this kinda stuff for a living? i find this stuff super fun and would love to get a degree in it. i was wondering if anyone does like graphic design or is this just a hobby?

I work in marketing for a living and almost exclusively use the Adobe Suite, although I prefer InDesign over Photoshop.

I'm just starting DISigns, and have been playing around with Paint. Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do the Mickey heads people here make? Like how to fill the image and whatnot.

I just ordered PSE12 from Amazon a couple minutes ago. Will do a report after my vacation in mid October.

Marion, I was going to do the same but I am mainly on a laptop now and some of the reviews said it wasn't very lap top friendly. :confused3

I've never used PSE or PS on a lap top. I can't imagine any difficulties as long as you're using an external mouse and not the track pad. You can always download the 30 day trial and see if you have any trouble with it.

I just found Jim's PSE. He doesn't use it anymore as his laptop decided to retire so I am putting it on mine. I will let you know how I make out. :hippie:

does anyone here do this kinda stuff for a living? i find this stuff super fun and would love to get a degree in it. i was wondering if anyone does like graphic design or is this just a hobby?

I would like to know this as well. I've been making and selling some digital designs (not Disney) on Etsy for a bit, but I'd love to "study" this as well. I find a lot of info on youtube and blogs, but think a formal program would be really helpful.

I'm a graphic designer for a living and would be happy to answer any questions you may have!

My first try creating a DISign :banana:

Yay! All I can say is DD is going to L-O-V-E it :)

I think i've figured it out! PSE 6 came with my bamboo tablet and I've been in love with the mickey ears! they still need a bit of work but I've managed a Frozen one :)

I use PSE 6 with my Macbook and I can do everything I could with a normal mouse - However I use a lot of the shortcuts and when tutorials say control mac users should use command…hours of frustration spent on that….

I am new to this forum and I would like to join as a newbie and train to create all these designs with all your help. Possible?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!