Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

I love cappuccinos. I found out when I went to Italy that you are never supposed to drink these after the morning. They kept telling me it made me clearly a tourist lol.
:laughing: Oh boy they'd know I was a tourist too! I often have one after dinner when out at restaurants!
I hope you have a great time and it isn't as hot this September as it was last year.
Ugh I'm not counting on it :sad2: We found it so much more humid last month than in July and I have a feeling it'll be even worse next week. But we're ready for it!
I remember how excited you were about the mountain of pixie dust that you received that trip. ;)
Ha ha I was, and while I totally do not expect ANY upgrade this time I'd be lying if I didn't say in the back of my mind I can't help but hope for one!
The last time we stayed at the Grand Floridian we didn't get our room until 5:40pm. We spent a lot of time hanging around the lobby and I came to appreciate how gorgeous the decorations are. It really is beautiful at Christmas time. :)
It truly is gorgeous :goodvibes I do think the WL still beats it because I actually find it more peaceful! And a little more relaxing. But it's definitely "grand" and they do a wonderful job of gussying her up.

We loved our meal at Narcoossee's and your meal looks wonderful, too! That cheesecake...even the pictures make me drool. I've missed the negative reviews, I think it's a must do.

We are also trying Jiko for the first time in December. I think I've made and canceled that reservation at least 5 times. I'm determined to keep it this time! Can't wait to see what you think of it.

Yay, I'm all caught up! I've been reading your report in bits and pieces over the summer, so only the last few installments are still in my memory, and I totally agree about the mussels at Marrakesh! They are amazing, and the best I've ever had anywhere. We've eaten there a few times over the last several years, and have always been happy with our meals. Wow, that bananas foster dish looks and sounds amazing! We won't be staying at BR until next May, fingers crossed the 7 month window works, so I'll have to wait until then to try it. I just can't squeeze a visit to BR on our upcoming trip, sadly. After reading about that magic bar so many times, I'm going to have to give that a try, too! Your pasta from Narcoosee's looks and sounds delicious! I think another DIS dining reviewer gets this dish often, too. Is it Kari @kastoney? Anyway, it's something I have to try some time in the near future! Love the pics of the little grandkids! As you know, we're up to five grandsons now. Love each and every one of them to the moon and back, but I still dream of a little granddaughter some day, but the odds of that are looking slimmer by the year.

IMG_E3665.JPG
Too precious!!! I can only fathom what both of them must be thinking

IMG_0186.JPG

He subbed the potato hash for bacon and thought this was just the sweetest most delicious breakfast ever!
Items like this make me wish I liked either breakfast or sweet things in the morning

needed to get my Magic Bar fix so stopped in Roaring Fork. Imagine my excitement when I saw a HOLIDAY VERSION OF MY MAGIC BAR

IMG_0206.JPG
I had no idea this was a thing!!! Now I feel compelled to visit during Christmas just for this!

This wine is super sweet and now that I've grown up a bit and have moved from Moscato to Riesling I find it a bit TOO sweet. Oh I do still like Moscato though but the Banfi is a little too much. At the time it was perfect though.
Wow, what caused this major turn of events? We'll have you on Sauvignon Blanc before ya know it

IMG_0218.JPG

I think this may have been the 2nd time he ordered this and he loved it as did Steve who helped him eat it! The sauce was a tad spicy and that's how they like it.
We haven't ordered this in a while but it never disappoints

That prosciutto :love: While I have indeed met a prosciutto I have not liked this was not the case here.
Not me, al the prosciutto all day long!!!

This looks like my kinda salad. I just picked up some figs at the store earlier today to make some prociutto and fig pizza with. I think a salad should be in order too

Now that is a boy that likes his steak

I'm caught up again, at least for now!

IMG_3446.JPG

Our friends from the North were there too, @MeghanEmily and her DH "N"! We'd met them a couple years ago and I am so thrilled we were able to say hi again in person
:goodvibes

:lovestruc It was so awesome to see you and Steve (and Melinda!) again! I'm so glad it worked out!

DIS meet with @Tracy161 on a really fun but horrifically bad hair day (for me) in AK:

IMG_3477.JPG

Oh you both look so cute! Awesome Dismeet!

Their sangria on the other hand is some of the best in Disney! I'd had it on our first visit here a few years back and I guarantee @Jenny Sanders this is NOT from a box, can, or plastic bottle ;) I don't see it on the menu to get a description but what I really love about it is the apple taste you don't get in lots of sangria's.

Yummmm

BTW we ended up here because earlier in the trip Chris tried a lamb dish at the Festival of the Holidays booth in Morocco and loved it and asked if they had lamb on the menu here. Spoiler alert, he did not get lamb...........................

:laughing: Ohhh Chris! He makes me laugh!

IMG_0154.JPG

Which may be the real reason Chris wanted to come here; forget the lamb!

:laughing:

We skipped dessert as we were FULL but I did get to see Illuminations with the holiday tag for what was the last time.

I just watched this on youtube the other day! I love the holiday tag. I'm sad we missed it last winter.

I present myself and the beautiful Melinda a.k.a @pepperandchips :

IMG_0184.JPG

:lovestruc

Oh my goodness, what precious little ones you have in your life! You're lucky grandparents!

It was ok to take care of our hunger and probably the 2nd or 3rd best QS choice in MK IMO after CHH

Agreed!

Steve and I still prefer Citricos as far as a favorite signature and we also LOVE Tiffins and had another fantastic meal there last month; however we're excited to try Jiko for the first time next week too!

Yum! We're also big fans of Tiffins and Citricos! And I'd like to give Jiko another shot. I hope your meal was good!

We are also trying Jiko for the first time in December. I think I've made and canceled that reservation at least 5 times. I'm determined to keep it this time! Can't wait to see what you think of it.
Well since it'll be forever until I post a review if I do I'll tell you we loved it! And we'll definitely go back, I wish we hadn't waited so long to go! Our server was amazing too which makes a dining experience all the more fantastic. Definitely keep your reservation!
Yay, I'm all caught up! I've been reading your report in bits and pieces over the summer, so only the last few installments are still in my memory, and I totally agree about the mussels at Marrakesh! They are amazing, and the best I've ever had anywhere. We've eaten there a few times over the last several years, and have always been happy with our meals.
Yay! I wish I was caught up on everyone's lol! I think this is the slowest I've even done one of my reports. We'll go back too as other than that one time we kind of weren't feeling it the food has always been really good and it's just so beautiful inside :goodvibes
As you know, we're up to five grandsons now. Love each and every one of them to the moon and back, but I still dream of a little granddaughter some day, but the odds of that are looking slimmer by the year.
lol, my mom has 5 grandsons too; my 2 and then my sister has 3. After the first 2/3 she was hoping for a girl but then gave up and now there's absolutely 100% no chance she's getting one so she dotes on my granddaughter!
I had no idea this was a thing!!! Now I feel compelled to visit during Christmas just for this!
Well I think you should visit during Xmas anyway since there are so many things to see and do but a holiday-sprinkle magic bar is absolutely the #1 reason to do so :thumbsup2
Wow, what caused this major turn of events? We'll have you on Sauvignon Blanc before ya know it
lol your little girl is growing up! I actually am starting to prefer less sweet now
Now that is a boy that likes his steak
And now his shrimp just as much as his dad!
I'm caught up again, at least for now!
:cheer2: Not me!!!
It was so awesome to see you and Steve (and Melinda!) again! I'm so glad it worked out!
It was :grouphug: And I hope it works out again in the future and maybe we can have a meal or something together!
just watched this on youtube the other day! I love the holiday tag. I'm sad we missed it last winter.
I'm hoping with the new show they still add a holiday tag to the end for Xmas and 4th of July because both are amazing 🤞
Yum! We're also big fans of Tiffins and Citricos! And I'd like to give Jiko another shot. I hope your meal was good!
It was!! And our server was approaching Rony status which as you know is H-A-R-D lol. Do give it another try says the lady who hasn't given CG a 2nd chance since our so-so dinner a few years ago....................

It was :grouphug: And I hope it works out again in the future and maybe we can have a meal or something together!

Love to! Next time we have an overlapping trip we'll try to coordinate an ADR somewhere :)

I'm hoping with the new show they still add a holiday tag to the end for Xmas and 4th of July because both are amazing 🤞

Me too!! Hopefully they'll keep in mind how much people appreciate that little extra touch and either do something similar or create new ones - the holiday tags are the BEST! <3

It was!! And our server was approaching Rony status which as you know is H-A-R-D lol. Do give it another try says the lady who hasn't given CG a 2nd chance since our so-so dinner a few years ago....................

Wow! That's saying a lot!! (Can't remember if I told you or not, but we requested Rony's section last month and told him we were friends with you and Steve and he thought that was pretty great and told us how wonderful he thought you were!)

Wow! That's saying a lot!! (Can't remember if I told you or not, but we requested Rony's section last month and told him we were friends with you and Steve and he thought that was pretty great and told us how wonderful he thought you were!)
WHAT no you didn't tell me! I'm so excited lol did you love him? Did you love your meal? Tell me all the details :listen:

WHAT no you didn't tell me! I'm so excited lol did you love him? Did you love your meal? Tell me all the details :listen:

Oh my gosh I loved him and our meal was fantastic!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc Nathan was seriously contemplating picking this as his "birthday dinner" when we go back in November since I told him he could celebrate his birthday then. (It's really in October, but this is the closest we've ever gotten to a birthday trip for him, and I get to celebrate every time we go in August, so it seemed only fair.) He ended up choosing Shula's, but only because we haven't been in over a year. But yes, it was fantastic! Rony was so friendly and funny and gave us excellent service. He's got this great balance about him of being super classy but also really easygoing. I ordered an octopus app and red snapper for my entree, and it was perfection. 💜

Good evening friends! Just spent a wonderful day with my granddaughter and her parents and we get to see them again tomorrow when we celebrate Steve's birthday 🎂
Believe it or not we are at the LAST DAY of the LAST TRIP of my dining report trifecta. I really didn't think I'd make it here, I think I broke my record with this report as far as dragging it out! But here we are and I've enjoyed sharing our eats and drinks with you as always so thank you for being here.

As many folks do we planned to spend our last park day at MK but not before a hearty lounge breakfast. Well maybe not hearty but it's hard to resist going to this lounge when you know it's there and it's pretty much your last chance:

IMG_0280.JPG

The above is mine if you didn't already guess sweet carbs = Ariane. I do occasionally throw a few pieces of fruit in my diet for fun. If you think my plate is a little skimpy take a look at my husbands:

IMG_0281 (1).JPG

$99 a day for that english muffin folks! Just kidding but no I'm not....I'll fill those plates in with a picture of the adult beverage offerings from the night before when we returned from Narcoossee's:

IMG_0272.JPG

Not a bad selection! So after our breakfast of which I don't know what the boys ate at this point closing in on a year later we headed out to conclude our park visits for this trip. We started out in Frontierland followed by a final ride on Jingle Cruise as I prefer this greatly over Jungle Cruise and then ended up on Aladdin. Why? I don't know other than that I like riding this or Dumbo every once in awhile and I like the views from up there. Odd thing I saw this time was a pack of birds:

IMG_0287.JPG

Off topic but if you think about it how often do you see birds flying around in Disney other than at AK as part of a show? Moving on we had used up up 2 fastpasses and now made our way to Tomorrowland for a final ride on the Peoplemover and CoP. We had a lunch reservation but needed a snack to tide us over so for the first time ever I think we went right there to the Lunching Pad. We shared a couple pretzels and Chris got a special holiday drink that was basically a frozen coke with a candy straw of some sort. I don't recall what flavor the straw was but suffice it to say both kids thought it was absolutely disgusting:

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

I refused to try it but it reminded me of rock candy coating a paper straw. As you drank the drink the candy disintegrated/fell off and it was making the straw underneath break down and we all know how yucky paper straws are..................so they ended up abandoning that. After our snack we rode a few more rides and used our last fastpass; got in all we could because right after our lunch ADR we had to head out to catch ME :(

Too soon it was time to check in to colonial America for our last Disney Thanksgiving meal. The kids hadn't been to LTT for quite awhile but Steve and I had enjoyed lunch there a few times so I figured it would be a good ending meal - at least for me lol.

I couldn't leave Disney without one final drink so while everyone else did water/soda I got me some wine:

Coppo Moncalvina Moscato d’Asti, Piedmont, California

IMG_0317.JPG

And then because I needed to save calories for dessert I got one of the best salads I've ever had (keep in mind I'm not a salad eater but this one is killer)

Colony Salad
Grilled Chicken, Washington Apples, Sweet Pecans, Applewood-smoked Cheddar, Dried Cranberries, and Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette

IMG_0318.JPG

Everything was so fresh I was loving this! The lettuce and apples were crisp and the raisins make me think I'm eating something sweet and not necessarily good for me lol

All 3 of the guys got the same thing after making faces at the menu and pretty much saying they weren't in the mood for anything on it even though burgers are a staple for all of them, so that's what they all got:

Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburger
Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, and Tavern Fries

IMG_0319.JPG

Unfortunately for me all the fries came out ice cold as did the burgers so nobody was happy, understandably so. Our server did bring out a big fresh plate of hot fries but by the time they came I was almost done and they all had eaten what they wanted of their burgers. So much for our last meal! Nevertheless I didn't let it ruin my dessert:

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

IMG_0321.JPG

I don't think I need to explain this do I? Suffice it to say warm, fresh baked cookie underneath vanilla ice cream with toffee/Heath bar bits all over it and some hot fudge :cloud9: While the magic bar is my fave WDW snack this has to be tied with the almond crusted cheesecake at Narcoossee's for fave dessert!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

While I enjoyed my dessert Ricky left for the resort and Chris got a dessert of his own:

IMG_0320.JPG

I don't see this on the current menu and do not at all remember what it was but it looks good! I don't remember any complaints from him so I assume he liked it better than his burger. It might have been seasonal as it looks like maybe a spice cake with ice cream? You be the judge.

And then as we had been bid on our last ride before lunch, we said good-bye

IMG_0302.JPG

And good-bye Ricky and Ariane and Steve, thanks for visiting! It was a rough trip to leave because at the time I didn't think we were returning until May so I had a loooooooong 6 months ahead of me, but luckily about 3.5 weeks later Steve brought up that January trip we took followed by February :love2:

THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who followed along on this super time-sucking report journey of mine that went from January and February 2019 all the way back to November 2018. Now I'm putting this report to rest and will focus on my July TR so until next time,

IMG_0325.JPG

:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Finally finished! Thanks for taking the time to write these reviews .

Ooey gooey toffee cake - so good. I also like the colony salad. LTT isn’t a must do for me but I do like it

Oh my gosh I loved him and our meal was fantastic!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
yay!!!!!
Nathan was seriously contemplating picking this as his "birthday dinner" when we go back in November since I told him he could celebrate his birthday then. (It's really in October, but this is the closest we've ever gotten to a birthday trip for him, and I get to celebrate every time we go in August, so it seemed only fair.) He ended up choosing Shula's, but only because we haven't been in over a year.
It's so hard to pick the restaurant for a special occasion let alone regular Disney days, there are always more places I want to eat than days we have! We still haven't been to Shula's but I do want to try it as I hear great things about it.
Rony was so friendly and funny and gave us excellent service. He's got this great balance about him of being super classy but also really easygoing.
:love: I think you described him perfectly! He is extremely classy yet fun; not stuffy at all yet he fits right in to a signature or higher "class" restaurant. He certainly knows the menu and his foods/wines also and is so attentive! I'm happy you asked for him and had a good experience!

Happy birthday to Steve. :cake: Today is Dana's birthday. :)

That was nice that you didn't have to share your Ooey Gooey with the boys. :)

Happy birthday to Steve! :bday:

Ahh, a bittersweet conclusion of your trip - last days are always so sad, even to read about :sad: OMG I LOVE the ooey gooey toffee dessert! I need more of that in my life.

I really enjoy the dining reviews, thanks for all the great food reviews and comments!
Bummer the boys last lunch wasn’t the best, your salad looks delicious!

Ahh...love LTT of course for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake as it's a MUST each visit. While I was thinking of not doing MK next month, maybe I make myself a reservation for one and just have that? Too weird? :)

Loved your reviews, as always, though I think I may have gotten confused on the timelines once or twice :laughing:

That is such a great picture of you and Steve in front of the Christmas tree :goodvibes

I really didn't think I'd make it here, I think I broke my record with this report as far as dragging it out!

:rotfl: I feel you. I'm at over a year. :eek:

I refused to try it but it reminded me of rock candy coating a paper straw.

:laughing:

the candy disintegrated/fell off and it was making the straw underneath break down and we all know how yucky paper straws are...

Yeah. The only paper straws we used that actually really worked were the ones at Cookes of Dublin/Raglan Road. They're heavy duty! I don't understand putting the candy on them. Such a bad call.

It was a rough trip to leave because at the time I didn't think we were returning until May so I had a loooooooong 6 months ahead of me, but luckily about 3.5 weeks later Steve brought up that January trip we took followed by February :love2:

Yay! It's hard to leave when you won't be back soon.

It's so hard to pick the restaurant for a special occasion let alone regular Disney days, there are always more places I want to eat than days we have! We still haven't been to Shula's but I do want to try it as I hear great things about it.

Definitely! I just want to eat all the things! I hope you get the chance to try Shula's at some point. I put it off for a long time because there was always something else higher on my list, but it really was excellent when we went!

:love: I think you described him perfectly! He is extremely classy yet fun; not stuffy at all yet he fits right in to a signature or higher "class" restaurant. He certainly knows the menu and his foods/wines also and is so attentive! I'm happy you asked for him and had a good experience!

He was perfection and the meal was scrumptious! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!