Destash 2017 The Year to Clear

It's been awhile since I've posted in here, but I'm still aiming for the 2017 items gone this year. Most of what I've gone through so far this year is small stuff - paperwork, old school supplies/office supplies, etc, and I haven't counted every single piece of paper, but I do estimate I've rid my house of about 350 items so far. It's not a great start considering the year is half over, but I have no major plans for this summer except to stay close to home so I'm hoping I can still reach my goal!

Last night got rid of a few more things

2 grocery bags of assorted old bills/paperwork - shredded/recycled
1 Lego set - sold
5 mismatched socks that have not had a mate in about 6 months - trashed

8 items left the house last night

426/2017 items for the year so far 21.1% of goal

Last night got rid of a few more things

2 grocery bags of assorted old bills/paperwork - shredded/recycled
1 Lego set - sold
5 mismatched socks that have not had a mate in about 6 months - trashed

8 items left the house last night

426/2017 items for the year so far 21.1% of goal

You are really cranking along!!!

My decluttering seems to have come to a standstill. We are still trying to get our garden finished and the kids are scrapping the house to prepare for it to be painted. This is a tedious and obnoxious job.

yesterday while moving items out of three rooms so the carpet cleaning guys can come and do the floors I was able to get rid of a few more items:

2 grocery bags of bills/stuff shredded/recycled
1 dead printer - recycled (just how many of these are in my house??)
1 bag of misc junk - trashed
2 pair of sneakers - trashed
30 magazines - recycled
5 books - donated
30 old computer games (CD) - recycled

hopefully more items when we start putting the rooms back together tonight

71 items left the house last night

497/2017 items for the year so far 24.6% of goal

Did not get much done yesterday as the floors where professionally cleaned and all thee cars were detailed inside and out as well by the same crew.

So a lot of dirt and grime was decluttered I suppose (inside of cars look like new again!). A bit too humid for the carpets to be completly dry yesterday to start putting everything back where it belongs and to sort things out maybe by this afternoon?!?!

Did a bit of decluttering this morning:

2 battery powered weed trimmer - donated
1 battery powered circular saw - donated
1 battery powered jigsaw - donated
1 battery powered saws all - donated
3 battery chargers for above equipment - donated
3 batteries for above equipment - donated
1 corded lead light - donated

1 artificial X-Mas tree - donated
1 canvas hoodie - donated
1 decorative tin can - donated
2 hockey pucks - donated

2 circular saw blades (really dull) - recycled
15 cardboard boxes - recycled

1 grub x lawn care - used up

35 items left the house this morning

532/2017 items for the year so far 26.3% of goal

Wow, comicguy, you're getting rid of a lot!!

I've been away on vacation, but got back into my decluttering today. - I finally packed up all the old Wii games and accessories! I don't think GameStop buys those anymore, but I'm thinking maybe I can find an after-school program or something to donate them to.

This was a slow week as Summer Robotics Program started and continues in the coming week, so not much decluttereing happened.

I did get rid of a few items though:

1 sealed Lego set - sold
1 copy paper box of assorted junk/scrap paper - trashed/recycled
4 books - donated

7 items left the house this morning

539/2017 items for the year so far 26.7% of goal

Sent a whole carload over to DH's Lodge yesterday for their upcoming flea market. It was mostly stuff I'd already reported when I sorted and set it aside, but it's nice to see the pile gone!

We also got rid of the old pool vacuum, and did some "outdoor decluttering" - trimming bushes and weeding flower beds.

Robotics camp has now been completed for the summer!!

Managed to get rid of:

6 scrap 2x4's (son needs them for his workbench)
4 Pieces of broken plexi/acrylic glass
1 broken 5 gallon bucket
1 broken 1 gallon pail
1 milk crate full of scrap wood
1 pair of socks
2 books

16 items left the house yesterday

555/2017 items for the year so far 27.5% of goal

Am moving along well here. I have another two small boxes and a large bin ready to go to the flea market!

I've straightened up a shelf and the hutch, and am working on storage bins now.

Had a bit of a relaxing day yesterday. Did some decluttering

6 boxes Assembled the new weight bench/workout set up that has been in boxes since it arrived before X-Mas
1 box Installed the new seat covers for the DW's car
2 Grocery Bags of assorted papers - recycled (Did find a Disney GC w/ 21.81 still on it from 2012 mixed in with that trips paperwork:))
2 books - donated
23 items from pantry that were expired (like really expired, 2 years or more) - trashed
4 items from freezer that were beyond recognition - trashed

38 items left the house yesterday

593/2017 items for the year so far 29.4% of goal

I finally cleaned out our food pantry-again. I swear this is a job that needs to be done every 6 months. I also cleaned out 2 drawers full of tupperwear, plastic wear etc. If it did not have a lid-out it went.
We bought some containers that are glass with lids at Costco-by dh is pretty strict about heating left overs in the microwave with just glass dishes and not plastic.

2 bags of garbage and out dated food items. I also had a bag of food I dropped off at our church's food pantry.

This has nothing to do with destashing-but I scrubbed down our front entry way-I guess I did get rid of a floormat, we had 2. I dd bought us a dog on-and I never really liked it and it was more worn down, so out it went. I vacuumed up a lot of spider webs and debris. When I washed it down and sprayed it with the hose, the spiders were crawling out. I had my dh spray the spiders after I was done cleaning. I think we really need a profession to come in and spray, but I am conflicted, the web held so many small nats, mosquito's and flies.

Ok so I've given the sons (3 of them) fair warning,the garage and storage room are being mashed and trashed this week. I live in a small garden home and every time one of them moves out and back in again I seem to be the "Holder of the Junk". I think I need to buy more storage shelves just to start myself off in the right direction,,thank-goodness my hardware store has them on sale right now.Right now I can't even get into the storage room:sad2::sad2: . We are a family that travels alot but seriously why do I have to store all the suitcases?Wish me luck!
Hugs Mel

(Did find a Disney GC w/ 21.81 still on it from 2012 mixed in with that trips paperwork:))

Nice!!

I've been getting rid of boxes too (actually, a little bit too fast, as now I don't have room to empty my little kitchen recycling bin into the big one!)
Yesterday I went through another bin of kitchen stuff - mostly duplicates. I rescued 2 items, and the rest are going to the flea market!
And DS went through two drawers of old toys/junk!! - He kept a small tray, and out the rest went (except for a few things for the same flea market.)

My house is actually feeling "lighter"!

23 items from pantry that were expired (like really expired, 2 years or more) - trashed
4 items from freezer that were beyond recognition - trashed

Why do we let that happen? I've done the same thing. I need a better system.

I am jumping back in. It has just been sooo busy here and several trips...I left off counting at 200. I have filled a number of other boxes for donation but never counted the items so I am just picking back up at 201. Wish me luck!

SIL is having garage sale this weekend. We did not commit prior; if we would bring anything to it. Wednesday night we took from the basement.

Barbie pink Christmas tree, 3 ft tall
Barbie fold up house
Barbie Volkswagen bug
Barbie camper and Barbie boat.
Navy carrier,
2 large mirrors that distorted your reflection for kids from Mcdonald from years ago.
A huge amount of nerf guns ( they were in outside shed). We had got them off Craigslist to have birthday party nerf wars
Razor scooter, Two boxes Full of puzzles.
2 my generation dolls - not sold, 5 pieces of furniture for the dolls which did sell
An one foot tall cabinet of clothes for bears with chairs and bears.
The fake toy hamsters with accessories, pocket locket toys, few books, Pokemon cards. Misc games. Little tikes desk - not sold.
DD took it and is selling it, she said must of her stuff she brought is gone. She had a truck and a car load.

Still plenty of stuff down there.

I cleared a lot last year and thought I was done. But my intolerance of clutter has grown. I took a full van load to,Salvation Army on Wednesday. Tomorrow I am going to fill it again!

After sorting and organizing was able to get rid of 2 file boxes worth of paper - recycled

2 items left the house yesterday

595/2017 items for the year so far 29.49% of goal

Back from vacation and did some clearing.

2 bags of random stuff to Salvation Army.

This week need to go through paperwork piles and file or shred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter