Destash 2018 Bust the Dust

Finished scrapbooking stuff. Mostly organized everything. About 1/2 bag of trash. 8 things getting donated.

I so need to join this destash challenge!! Starting this week, hoping to move out 2018 things in 2018!

I have decided to take on this challenge too. I have been cleaning and putting stuff in piles this week since I've been off of work. Today I sold 3 autographed baseballs, an autographed photo, a wall plaque and gave away 3 tools. Used a box I had laying around since November. So all together got rid of 9 items. Still a looooong way to go. But when I throw out/donate those piles I have been making in the last 6 days, that will drive the number up.

A couple of more items left between yesterday and today

1 blender - DS’s house

2 books - donated
2 DVD’s - donated

5 items left the house

42 items of 2018 or 2.08% of goal

I through away to pairs of comfortable holey underwear and one sock with a big hole in the toe, that's about all I've done. Its been rainy here and I just went back to work. I'm having a difficult time destashing. Plus I'm trying to avoid getting the cough/cold going around. I feel like I'm getting it one minute then not the next. Hopefully this weekend I can destash atleast 5 grocery size bags

Got rid of a few more things today (even found .57 cents):cool1:

2 DVD’s - donated
1 binder organizer/separator - used up
5 dead pens - trashed
2 dead highlighters - trashed
4 pair of safety glasses - to robotics center

12 items left the house

54 items of 2018 or 2.67% of goal

Having salvation army come tomorrow get about 15 bags full of clothes shoes and bunch of books and *gulp*
vhs tapes i found in the garage.

Was cleaning out part of the garage and found a sealed container of a bunch of beanie babies. I remember long long
ago when a close friend of mine use to buy them. I also found a floor balance beam my daughter use to practice on
when she was 5. She is 18 now. I was going to donate but decided to put it on craigslist. Within 15 minutes someone
texted and came within the hour to buy. That was an easy 75 dollars.

Found hubby's beloved baseball cards he refuses to let go off. Looking at ebay...they will not be going for much:snooty:

A few more items left the house yesterday!!! Every little bit helps

1 Freezer burned Ice Cream - trashed
13 empty plastic thread spools (can be used as inexpensive pulleys) - robotics center
1 bag of adhesive tie strap mounts - robotics center

15 items left the house

69 items of 2018 or 3.41% of goal

Started to clean up the spare bedroom a bit

1 used binder - trashed
1 T-Shirt - trashed
1 roll of transparent tape - trashed (kept shredding as I was trying to use it not worth the hassle)
1 small garbage bag of assorted trash from spare room - trashed

50 comic bags/comic board - used up while organizing some of my comics

1 empty Lego box - recycled

1 coffee mug gift set - donated
34 comics (duplicates) - donated

1 digital caliper - robotics center

10 notebooks (filled w/ college notes) - DS’s house
5 folders - DS's house
1 pair of socks - DS's house
1 backpack - DS’s house
1 box of misc items - DS’s house
1 roll of 3D filament - DS’s house
1 Sheetrock plastering tool - DS’s house

111 items left the house

180 items of 2018 or 8.91% of goal

Several boxes and bags of donations and trash headed out the door! I spent a good 8 hours over the weekend cleaning the utility room and pantry. Feels so good to be able to move in there! I am not counting items but several hundred are no longer cluttering my life :)

I got one box and 1 trash bag ready to donate. I have one more closet and then I am completely done the main floor of our house. It feels really good. I hope to start on bathrooms and the linen closet next which are a mess!

Tray, small storage shelf, throw rug and 2 pillow shams being donated
Broken shoe storage trash

I have 2 more items to add to my list from January 1st. On Jan 1st I was down 48 items

Yesterday trashed the following:
Pizza Oven (takes 10+ minutes longer then over to bake a pizza and not evenly done)
Coat hook from wall in closet (not nice enough to donate)

Down 50 items = 1968 to go

Last edited:
4 under garments went in the trash.
Our freezer was unplugged for a day or 2 and I disgarded 3 items that freaked me out, since it started thawing out and we were unable to eat it. After my sons wedding we had containers of pulled pork, and I do not think I could refreeze again. So I was unsure so I dumped it in the garbage.

1972/2018

Pair of slippers, old sandals trashed.
Donating pair of boots.

Did a bit more work today

2 oven mitts - donated
4 potholders - donated
2 dishcloths - donated

1 stack of window clings - robotics center

1 package of loose leaf paper - brought to school
2 small aluminum bread pans - used up to make banana bread

1 small grocery bag of garbage - trashed
2 small opened packages of cheese blocks (moldy) - trashed
1 rusty muffin tin - trashed

16 items left the house

196 items of 2018 or 9.71% of goal

I collected a small pile of jewelry and some lotions/perfumes that I won’t use and are full to donate. A bunch of half used products and old samples got thrown out. 2 belts tossed and 2 more put in donate pile.

It was not nearly as much as I’d wanted to accomplish but at least it’s progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter