Destash 2018 Bust the Dust

I researched my old camera and saw the asking price was pretty much $20. It is a Nikon L110.
I put it on Facebook market page and sold in 5 minutes. I had so many people post that they wanted it, that literally 5 people posted in just one minute.
I sold it to an old neighbor and we work out at the YMCA together. I told her she can try it out, but she said she will pay for it right away.

Also I packed another bag of clothes. I put all my sweaters in a row in my closet and in January 1, I wore the first sweater in line. The next day I wore the next one. etc.
When I got to a sweater that I did not want to wear-I put it in the donation bag.

168/2018

Taking last load.. hopefully...to donate today. Might have a few odds and ends as we do the final packing. But for now think everything has been gone through.
Now to move 15 boxes down 3 flights of stairs to garage. At least my movers will be happy lol.

Been a busy week so not much has left the house

1 pair of pants - trashed
2 in stack of paperwork - shredded/recycled

2 items left the house

380 items of 2018 or 18.83% of goal

I've gone through most of my papers using the KonMarie method. She suggests you put your needed papers in vertical file folders. I can't believe I was holding on to mortgage statements from 2005 and tax papers /account statements from 10 years ago. Now you can find a lot of this online if you ever need it. After I sorted and discarded the papers, the necessary papers went into the file folders pretty quickly.
Have already purged my clothes and books, but I still think I have too much.
I also went up to the attic and gave a large portion of my adult daughter's childhood momento's back to her so she can figure out what to keep and what to get rid of. I am only going to keep one bin per child.

Taking last load.. hopefully...to donate today. Might have a few odds and ends as we do the final packing. But for now think everything has been gone through.
Now to move 15 boxes down 3 flights of stairs to garage. At least my movers will be happy lol.

Good luck with your move! Hope it all goes smoothly!

It's been a slow couple weeks here.

Down more 8 items
4 various makeups I didn't like (trashed)
1 pair socks that were getting worn (trashed)
1 pair athletic shoes that were getting worn (trashed)
1 GPS watch (sold on eBay)
1 Fitbit (gave to mom)

1901 items to go

174 DVDs. I used declutter and they are paying me around $60 for them. Not bad since we used them a lot but they have been sitting for the last couple of years.

I cleaned out my bathroom cabinet and two drawers
I got rid of
-about 10 or more old hair products hair sprays, curl spray, smoothing gel, hair smoothing spray
-3-4 old razors
-3-4 old lipsticks
-some old eyeliners and caps
-old eye shadow brushes
-old make-up
some old creams, an eye lash curler and other stuff I cant remember.
total was about 2 grocery size bags

Another slow week
3 pens - trashed
3 binders of robotics information - robotics center,
1 pair of pants - trashed

7 items left the house

387 items of 2018 or 19.17% of goal

I was hoping to get more done but I got hit with the awful cold and cough going around.

Next on the list
I store my oil/grease in old jars. I had two on the counter and I found 4 more under the sink.
I need to hit my craftroom again things have been piling up in there.
I have a few days off in a week. I'm planning on making a list check off list of things I want to destash from know until July. Im off 2 months soI will be able to work on my list. I'm all over the place so not much is getting done. I figure if I have a list I cant mark off I will stay on track

This week:
I started in the bathroom closet, it is big.
I gave DH a two foot tall pile of towels no one wanted to use - for rags for his shop.
I gave away the bath toys that were in there- my youngest is 17.
There were baskets in there - they went to work for reuse.

Today- the laundry room reorganized- condensed down to 2 containers of pantry items from four - that are stored in there. New cork board put up in there, I keep our appts and ect on it.
Pantry got rid of an older coffee maker and all it supplies and now using the shelf for glass jars of food.
Coat closet - mostly hung everything up, got rid of old ugly stocking hats, unmatched gloves, bagged up too small gloves/hats/vests/coats for nephew/nieces. removed 3 pairs shoes. 4 boxes that held shoes. There are two serving containers in there that will go when I make the run to donate stuff.
Did one kitchen cabinet.
I pulled 21 DVDs yu gi oh, bakugon? Ben 10 - going to ask DS if I can give to nephew. Threw out recorded VHS tapes.
Under my bed, had a picture scanner, going to give it to coworker.
Books gave 3 peeps books this week, today now have got a box to go for sister, SIL, and coworker.
My closet - reorganized a bit. One bag to donate. One bag to go away. Gave away a set of curtains from in there.
Some stuff went bye bye from my dresser.
And I did my bathroom cabinet. I was ruthless in there. I wanted only essentials in my top drawer.
From downstairs I took all my old uniforms to donate.

I have 6 bags of garbage to go, and 2 bags of clothes to donate. A box of papers to recycle. Along with the stuff to share.
Today DH took wood from the basement to recycle and a door.

171/2018

I bought some new pillow cases.
Threw out an old ripped one.

2 sweaters went to the donate bag. I hate sweaters.

I’m on spring break and tackled the garage today. Another trunk load dropped off tonight and 2 big bags of trash ready for tomorrow. I have big bag of plastic to recycle and a pile of items to sell or give away to specific places.

I plan to take or sell/donate everything this week and get it gone! Sadly, there are still things that need to be addressed but that should make a big dent.

It helps to remember that the more I take care of now, the easier it’ll be to list the house and move next year!

I cleared off my craft/office desk. I was able to go through some bings and put those items in drawers. I was able to clear 3 small bins. Got rid of some lil empty boxes, a shoe box a board box and a bag of trash.

I'm still sick so hopefully nextweek on my spring break I can get more stuff done.

UPDATE: After posting this I got up to get some water. There was a mess of my cold medicine on the counter and hubby had stuff on the counter and it drove me nuts!!!!!.

-I cleaned out my kitchen junk drawer. I'm limited how much I can pull that drawer out cuz it hit my fridge. I decided to clean out my kitchen towel drawer. I moved my kitchen towels to my junk drawer. Then cleaned out the towels and replaced with boxes of teas, emergency vitamin powder packs and mini brownie packs and breakfast bars.Then I cleaned out on of my smaller cabinet with three shelves. I had my teas, meds, vitamins, sugar. I organized everything and made space.
-I tossed out some medicine boxes and organized meds in a plastic container. Tossed out stuff from junk drawer. Gallon size bag for hubby to go through of nuts, bolts, screws, lil gadgets all from the junk drawer.

Last edited:
Biggest destash yet--took 2 old sofas and a loveseat to the dump. Tried the "free" thing and figured I'd rather pay $21 instead of dealing with 5,000 questions for free furniture. The upshot? I have my garage back! Nearly finished the garage workbench.

Next up, the kitchen junk drawers. I love junk drawers.

176/2018

3 pair of socks Garbage.

2 couches are going to be replaced with real leather couches. We have a dog with stomache issues-my dh has worn out 3 rug scrubbers.

I went through my closet and cleared out and organized 3 drawers and I have one free drawer now. Theres a few pairs of shoes I will be getting rid of but I got tired. Plus a few old sweats, and going to go through sock drawer but that will be for tomorrow. I also went through my freezer and cleaned it the surface of all of it. I also went through and see what to use up for dinner. So if all goes as planned I will use up 2 bags of frozen veggies, 2 cups of frozen shrimp, 1/4 of 5-cheese toast BLT's for hubby, 2 small bags of frozen fired rice, remaining bag of chicken wings. Nextweek DD comes home from college and I will use up the large bag of raw shrimp, box of salmon and turkey sausages. Then it will be healthy version foods and limited. no more stocking up.

Hoping tomorrow to go through my pantry, cabinet that hold my plastic food containers and my pots, blender etc. My goal with pantry is see what I can use up to make room for my larger pots to put on the bottom section. We stock up on to many snacks and etc. Less is more. I need more storage. Thursday or Friday I hope to go though the bottom section of my china hutch.

I'm doing baby steps. Hopefully next week I can get more done

I love this thread and would love to jump in!

I have been decluttering a few things here and there in the 3 years we've been in our current house. The big task right now is the baby room.....my daughter is almost 8 and I have kept EVERYTHING since she was a baby in the hopes of having another one. Well, the time has come that I don't want to store the stuff anymore and want to only keep a few things that are "good to keep" if that makes sense. Because I still plan on having another kid one day!

I listed over 112 items for the spring consignment sale in our city. Most of those items had 2 or more things with it. (I think it averaged to about 2-3 18gal totes and I still have 20 left to go through!) The first round of shopping was yesterday and I made $29! More than I would have if I sold the things at a yard sale!

We are having a yard sale in April with a few other misc things....I have a big house, but I'm so tired of the stuff!!

188/2018

Cleaned out my food pantry and food storage containers.
Made a bag for the food pantry.
5 storage items went in the garbage
2 under garments

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!