details

European

Mouseketeer
Hi! How can I get some more details about Fort Wilderness? Especially about the camping sites and facilities like lockers, showers, prices. Thanks.

Thanks a lot! What I haven't found yet, is where we can leave our valuable stuff like pin bags and camera. I'm planning to go summer 2004 and want to stay in a tent. We are 2 adults flying over from Europe. I can't see ourselves toting along everything all day long. Are there any other lockers besides at the parks? And what to do with our suitcases? We won't be renting a car.

There are lockers in the pool area but they are only about 12-18" square. There are also small safe deposit boxes at the front desk. You may be able to leave your suitcases at the front desk as well.

How about a foot locker with a good padlock? I haven't heard of any theft at the campground. Of course WDW wouldn't advertise this, but I haven't heard of it on the DIS, either.

Being that we always have our tow vehicle, we keep our "valuables" locked in there (out of sight, of course). Never had a problem.

I've never heard of anyone having problems with theft, other than maybe teenagers taking beer out of a cooler. And we've left a "boom box" outside our camper in plain view (under the awning) when we've been gone all day in the parks, and it was always there when we came back. For the most part, I've found that campers, and particularly DISNEY campers, are some of the most friendly and trustworthy people around! I guess I wouldn't trust this theory with something TRULY valuable, but then again, maybe you should leave such things at home anyway. (i.e., I wouldn't bring any heirloom jewelry with me on a camping trip, but I'm fairly comfortable that my camera won't be stolen.)

Since you won't have a car there, maybe you should check with FW directly to see if they have some kind of safe or someplace for your valuables. You can call them at (407) 824-2900. But again, I wouldn't worry too much about leaving your suitcases and stuff like that in your tent. And won't you have your pin bags and camera with you? (You definitely DON'T need to worry about leaving things, even valuables, in your tent when you are there, and just away briefly, like at the comfort station.)

OK, thank you so much. I guess the camera would be with us all the time, but I can't see us carrying those pins whole day long. I have 1 big bag, 1 DS bag and a huge lot of tradables as well. Anyway, still have lots of time to do some research.

We stayed in a tent as well but we had a car. We did leave an extra set of keys and travellers checks in safe deposit box at front. No charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter