DH's Birthday on the Ship. Any Ideas for Surprises?

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
We will be on a sea day on my DH's birthday. Any ideas of what activity I could book that day to surprise him?:bday:

We ordered a birthday cake for DD and had it delivered to our table at dinner. We also booked a special excursion that day (a flight-plane/glacier excursion in Alaska, where she was allowed to sit in the co-pilot seat during flight!)

Did our last cruise for the first time (I forgot my trimmer) so did the men's facial package (was not called exactly that) through the barber services in the spa that including facial massage, steam and shave/beard trim that I unexpectedly and really surprisingly enjoyed. +1 on pp's veranda mention as well. Combine those 2 things with a few quiet drinks in a lounge (for me could as well be a few cappuccinos in Cove Cafe) and that would be my perfect b-day.

Let me qualify by saying I haven't cruised on Disney...my experience is with Carnival...so it may not apply. Carnival had a thing at the spa where I got my hair cut and styled, a shave and a facial, called a Mens Special I think. It was really nice...I don't know if Disney cruise spas have a similar package.

What are his hobbies, like, & dislikes? I'd like to suggest Palo brunch and a beverage tasting/mixology, but I'm not sure if he's into that.

If he's into sports, maybe book him time with the Sports Simulator? They have a golf package (30 or 60 minutes) and a general sports one (soccer, baseball, basketball, hockey, football).

Next summer we're going to celebrate both our August birthdays on the ship...but DH's actual birthday will be on day 2 of the cruise (my birthday is 20 days after his, but I think DD19 will be abroad by then, so we want to celebrate together...plus mine is the big 50). Anyway...I'm thinking of buying one of the Onboard Gifts--maybe a Star Wars package with the throw/pillow for his birthday.

Palo brunch?

Thanks for the idea, but that's not really something he would be in to.

Verandah club.

Please don't do this if you don't have a verandah room booked.

What is the verandah club? Yes, we do have a verandah booked.

DH says book a beer tasting or some other tasting; book him a massage; see what's going on in the sports bar.

Did our last cruise for the first time (I forgot my trimmer) so did the men's facial package (was not called exactly that) through the barber services in the spa that including facial massage, steam and shave/beard trim that I unexpectedly and really surprisingly enjoyed. +1 on pp's veranda mention as well. Combine those 2 things with a few quiet drinks in a lounge (for me could as well be a few cappuccinos in Cove Cafe) and that would be my perfect b-day.

Ooohhh, I like the idea of getting him the barber services!!! Can I book that when I do our online check-in? If so, what is it called?

What are his hobbies, like, & dislikes? I'd like to suggest Palo brunch and a beverage tasting/mixology, but I'm not sure if he's into that.

He does like football and there may be a game on that night (Monday night football). He wouldn't really be into the Palo thing, but I would like to book the beverage tasting for this trip.

Thanks for the idea, but that's not really something he would be in to.

What is the verandah club? Yes, we do have a verandah booked.

It is an "adults-only experience(s)" making use of the verandah. Please make sure that the children are safely engaged elsewhere, preferably without self-checkout privileges at the club. Be warned, some members have "enjoyed" a permanent souvenir nine-months after their (re)joining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!