DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Awesome! Do you know if today was sold out for both 7 and 7:30 slots?
Yes it was.

I was there this morning as well. They started walking us back about 7:10 and held us for the TSL CMs to come get us. I ran to restroom then and they were gone when I got out so I went to AS2 first then to Woody/Jesse meet. Done at 7:40. Got in line for SDD and got off at 7:55. Went back 5 more times. Could have done another but needed to go eat and get back to resort for DME.

So I did Woody/Jesse, AS2 x 1, SDDx6. I chose not to do TSM because stairs are hard on my knees. Overall a great event!

Had a great time this morning! The event never felt crowded. We were let into the land around 7:20 and were led to SDD.. thank goodness no running, pushing or shoving :rotfl:Walked straight onto SDD, got off and got back in line and had about a 5 minute wait. Took a few pictures around the land then walked straight onto Alien Swirling Saucers. That was a one and done for us so we went to TSMM and that one was a walk on too. When we were getting off there wasn’t anyone in line waiting to get on.. crazy!!

There was a good amount of people in line for Woody and Jessie, so we headed for Buzz who only had one other family in line. Then took a picture in front of the Toy Story land sign. It was 8:10 at this point, so we headed for one more ride on SDD.. about a 8 minute wait that time. Could’ve done it again when we got off but it is COLD this morning.

Now we are eating breakfast :thumbsup2 I thought it was well worth the money! It felt like we had the land to ourselves!

So in total we did SDD x 3 (could’ve easily done it 4-5 times), Saucers x 1 (this was walk on all morning), TSMM x 1 (again, walk on), and met Buzz (wait was a couple of minutes). All of this was done by 8:10 except the last ride on SDD.

Crowds this morning during the event vs just now. You can’t even really see anything with all the people.

BD7F8ED0-3A36-4165-9312-28C41F0BEC60.jpeg
B72FA4B1-9592-4C7B-B633-2870CF67729B.jpeg

We also went to this morning’s event. It was me and DH, and we had a fantastic time.

Got to HS a little before 7 and waited at the front gates just a bit. We were then let in the park, and we went to Commissary to grab a quick bite of cereal. Around 7:10, we lined up in front of the Chinese Theatre. We were let into TSL around 7:20.

Even though it was a sold-out morning, it never felt crowded. We went straight to SDD and rode it twice. We then rode AS2, TSM and stopped for some PhotoPass photos. We went back to SDD and rode it twice more,
rode TSM again and then grabbed one more ride on SDD. We walked out of TSL as the rope drop crowd was coming in.

We headed to Star Tours and were on the first ride of the day. Then we went to breakfast around 9:30. Everything was fully stocked and stayed that way until 10. DH had the chicken and doughnuts. I had the Mexican bowl. We both agreed mine was the better of the two - it was actually really good.

All in all, we rode SDD five times, TSM twice and AS2 once. We could have easily ridden SDD three or four more times if we’d wanted to, but we took breaks between the rides to give our middle-aged stomachs a break. :-)

This was our first EMM, and we felt it was definitely worth the money. We will plan to do it again at some point when we bring our niece and nephew with us.

Another pair of happy campers with this mornings event here. We took the bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge. I had been watching the times on the app since I woke up. First bus came around 5:55am. We got on the second bus and we were at DHS by 6:30.

They let us in to the park at 7:00am and definitely tried getting everyone to go to breakfast, but did say we could start lining up to get into the land at 7:30. We headed to ABC and ended up being the first to walk in, and the cast members all started clapping and cheering which was sort of cool. They were all very eager to help and let us know where all the food was which was nice.

We grabbed pastries and coffee and headed back outside to wait. Around 7:15 or so we started walking to TSL. We did slinky first, twice in a row, waiting about five minutes each time. Then did AS2 twice without getting off — no wait. Picture with Buzz, only one group in front of us. TSMM, walk on. We also stopped for coffee at the stand set up by Woodys Lunch Box, restroom break, and general exploring. At 8:15 we hopped on TSMM again, with about a five minute wait. Then stood outside and waited to watch the rope drop crowd come in — that was INSANE.

We were happy with the food choices too. We had the Mexican egg dish and both kids items, as well as pastries and cereal. Everything was very good!

In all, we rode everything twice and got a picture with Buzz. We could’ve done a lot more but wanted to take time to explore the land too — and drink coffee since it was early and FREEZING. I would not hesitate to recommend this event to everyone I know!

For all the people reporting getting coffee, are you chugging it before going on the rides? Otherwise do you just keep it whilyoi queue for the ride and toss it when it's your turn?

For all the people reporting getting coffee, are you chugging it before going on the rides? Otherwise do you just keep it whilyoi queue for the ride and toss it when it's your turn?

We got coffee and used the time to explore the land a little bit. We also drank some while waiting for SDD and threw it out once we were at the front.

If you walk in at 7:00-7:05 there is plenty of time to get a coffee and pastry before rushing the TSL gates at 7:30. We sat down for about 10 minutes before walking over at 7:25. Unless you just feel like you have to line up to be there before they drop the EMM rope (it should be noted they sometimes open up 7:20 or 7:25). We just strolled in leisurely right at 7:30.

Getting excited for this. We arrive in 10 and are going to EMM at Mk on the 16th and HS on the 17th. Really just want to explore the land without the crowd. We like the rides, too, of course.

I did EMM this morning as a solo and most definitely couldn’t complain with the amount of stuff I got done!

I’m staying at BLT and got the bus from the Contemporary at 6:28. I had the whole bus to myself and was at Hollywood Studios in time for when they started letting guests in at 6:50. I went straight to ABC for cereal, pastries and a hot drink before getting in line to enter TSL just after 7:15. The line started moving as soon as I got in it and I was on TSMM just after 7:20. I was offered the chance to stay on TSMM but chose to get off to head for SDD. Wait time for SDD was only 5 minutes and it was practically a walk on the whole event.

By the time I headed out of TSL as the rope drop crowd arrived I’d done SDD x 5, AS2 x 2, TSMM x 3 and also got my photo taken with Buzz. I managed all that without rushing too and easily could have got an extra couple of rides on SDD had I wanted to.

Just got back from WDW, and wanted to offer my review of the Monday 12/3 EMM at Toy Story Land... Amazing and definitely worth the price for us.

We had 7am reservations, and the crowd was let into TSL around 7:15. Although we were first in line, we elected to head straight for the Woody & Jessie meet. This may have been a mistake, since they didn't come out until 7:30. We probably could've ridden either SDD, TSM, or AS2 once, returned, and still been first in line to meet them. Regardless, we met them, and were already meeting Buzz by 7:35.

By 7:45, we were in the line for SDD. The first goaround took about 10 minutes. Every time after ranged from 5 minutes to walk on (mostly walk on).

When the masses got in line around 9:50, we split SDD, and got onto AS2 with less than a 5 minute wait.

After AS2, we walked around briefly, took pictures with the alien/claw, the Christmas ornaments, Hammy cookie, and finally left TSL around 9:05.

We immediately headed to SWLB for pictures with Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, and BB-8. All 3 were accomplished inside of 15 minutes. Then we met Mickey and Minnie near ABC Commissary.

Afterward, we went to eat breakfast at the Commissary around 9:35. We finished shortly after 10am, and began our Fastpasses for the day.

Our rundown from 7:15 - 9:00am
-Woody & Jessie
-Buzz Lightyear
-Slinky Dog Dash x 9
-Alien Swirling Saucers x 1

I can't imagine a better way to accomplish so much in a new park.

Have to say some of the reports from this week have had a bit of a different tone. Solid ride counts and not many reports of 'material' SDD waits. I wonder how much the recent Friday date additions have help to spread around demand a bit. For example, I just searched and Monday & Friday aren't sold out (Wednesday is).

Or maybe just a good week at WDW overall. Reports from the last two MK Disney After Hours and the new AK Disney After Hours event from the past week or so have indicated some pretty light crowds.

Also, tonight starts what is probably DHS EMM's biggest competition... DHS Disney After Hours. I'm curious to see how that one goes.

Thank you again to everyone who reports in on this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts