DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Yes!! There was one for Woody/Jesse, Buzz, the entrance to TSL sign and I want to say also one in front of aliens when we were there.

Agree with this, but I think YMMV with the one in front of AS2 - there was one sort of towards AS2 (more in between the SDD bridge and AS2) with some kind of hold up sign in October, but they weren’t there 12/31. Not sure how regular that one is? :confused3

HELP! I booked this for 8/14. When I booked it the charge was pending on my credit card for a few days and I just checked and the charge is gone. But in my MDE it still says confirmed and pre-paid. Im just nervous about why the charge disappeared. Anyone know what's going on with that?

HELP! I booked this for 8/14. When I booked it the charge was pending on my credit card for a few days and I just checked and the charge is gone. But in my MDE it still says confirmed and pre-paid. Im just nervous about why the charge disappeared. Anyone know what's going on with that?

I've had that happen with charges on my Chase cards. I think it's more of a website issue. I wouldn't worry too much, just check again in a day or two. You could call your cc co too for peace of mind.

I've had that happen with charges on my Chase cards. I think it's more of a website issue. I wouldn't worry too much, just check again in a day or two. You could call your cc co too for peace of mind.

Oh good. I just want to make sure I don't lose the reservation. If it doesn't show up in a few days I will call.

My wife and I are going to Hollywood Studios on the 8th of May this year, and I hadn't even looked into this event until just recently, and now I feel like we have to do it, all the reviews just rave about the experience. Unfortunately, both 7:00 and 7:30 are sold out. What are the odds that if I keep checking a couple times a day from now until then that something will open up? I know you all can't predict the future, just wondering if people have some experience with this situation. Thanks.

My wife and I are going to Hollywood Studios on the 8th of May this year, and I hadn't even looked into this event until just recently, and now I feel like we have to do it, all the reviews just rave about the experience. Unfortunately, both 7:00 and 7:30 are sold out. What are the odds that if I keep checking a couple times a day from now until then that something will open up? I know you all can't predict the future, just wondering if people have some experience with this situation. Thanks.
I would say pretty good :-)

Really hoping for EMM or AH event to be announced for Hollywood Studios in September but I'm torn on which to do assuming both are announced and this is an actual choice! Has anyone done both and recommend one over the other?

Really hoping for EMM or AH event to be announced for Hollywood Studios in September but I'm torn on which to do assuming both are announced and this is an actual choice! Has anyone done both and recommend one over the other?

The consensus seems to be with SWGE opening they are unlikely to be offered.

Don’t mean to be a downer, but I agree with the PP and doubt there will be any EMM or DAH type events at DHS in the near to mid term after SWGE opens 8/29. At least that’s my guess/opinion at the moment.

Last edited:
Don’t mean to be a downer, but I agree with the PP and doubt there will be any EMM or DAH type events at DHS in the near to mid term after SWGE opens 7/29. At least that’s my guess/opinion at the moment.
I think you mean 8/29! You’re going to give some people heart attacks and make a group of people upset who hope for a “quiet” August! :D:D

Don’t mean to be a downer, but I agree with the PP and doubt there will be any EMM or DAH type events at DHS in the near to mid term after SWGE opens 8/29. At least that’s my guess/opinion at the moment.

I think I assumed that too, but who knows with Disney! In the unlikely event either are offered though, it would be nice to know if there are preferences between the two for those who have experienced both and why. Thanks though! I've got a touring plan either way: with DAH, with EMM and without either lol.

Right, but by the time these articles started popping up, the September dates were no longer bookable.

Yes, thank you and thanks to this thread I went and looked into it because I had no idea. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it to see of it ends up cancelled. Thankfully I have another EMM at MK scheduled during my trip, so it wont be a total loss for me if the Sept one disappears.

Agree with this, but I think YMMV with the one in front of AS2 - there was one sort of towards AS2 (more in between the SDD bridge and AS2) with some kind of hold up sign in October, but they weren’t there 12/31. Not sure how regular that one is? :confused3

I can confirm that there was one by AS2 on March 15. No sign to hold, though.
9418EAB7-48B1-4FD6-8C53-0E9EF7D2BB82.jpeg

Do they always have a 7:00 and 7:30 reservation? So far for June it’s only 7:30 and that’s sold out for my dates. I check every day but still no 7:00 reservation is offered. I’m beginning to think there will no longer be a 7:00.

Do they always have a 7:00 and 7:30 reservation? So far for June it’s only 7:30 and that’s sold out for my dates. I check every day but still no 7:00 reservation is offered. I’m beginning to think there will no longer be a 7:00.

'Nearly' every EMM date has eventually had 7am and 7:30am slots. I'd bet on them being added, keep checking (in my opinion).

Im watching for June 7am times too. If they do add 7am times for June I hope they do it before our 60 day window for fastpasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter