Diabetics taking insulin: Do you need a doctor's script to get by the security check?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I read recently that the security checks are a little more intense, now. For example, you can be randomly chosen to go through a metal detector.

Anyway, we want to have lunch in the park each day. My husband needs to take his insulin, needles, and lancets.

Do we need a doctor's script stating his condition to get pass the security check to get into the park with his medicine and supplies?

No. Insulin is a pretty common thing to be brought into the parks.
The bag checks are more thorough, in that they are checking every compartment of bags ans purses, but they are mostly looking for things that could be used as weapons.
We don’t have diabetic supplies, but do have a bag of medical supplies. They check through it, but with no extra scrutiny then our other bags.

You will be find to bring in what every you need.

I go about once a month and always have enough food to feed a family of 4 and enough D stuff to last a week including pump stuff and insulin and have every had a problem

We have never had an issue bringing in supplies/insulin. Nobody has even questioned it. When my son was on injections ( pumping for 4 years now) I always would warn the security personnel that there were insulin syringes in my bag if they did anything more than look in my bag. I agree that they are used to it. Just be careful, Florida heat and extra activity drastically change

[GALLERY=]
We have never had an issue bringing in supplies/insulin. Nobody has even questioned it. When my son was on injections ( pumping for 4 years now) I always would warn the security personnel that there were insulin syringes in my bag if they did anything more than look in my bag. I agree that they are used to it. Just be careful, Florida heat and extra activity drastically change

[/GALLERY]

Sorry, change your insulin needs. My son uses significantly less insulin on park days

Sorry, change your insulin needs. My son uses significantly less insulin on park days
Same here. I set my basal rate quite a bit lower from all the walking. And then I'll have to buy a coke and have it with me just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter