Did anyone go to Party for the Senses this past Sat????

I would like to know as well. We are surprising my parents and would like a review.

We are going this Friday night also...I was hoping a review would be up.

Anyone...someone must have attended the first night!

I'm curious about what people wore - I'm having a hard time coming up with an outfit that will go along with comfortable "park shoes". What did most people wear and would my husband be out of place with dressy shorts on???

Thanks.

Just got off the phone with disney dining...dress code is smart casual, so she says...no shorts, tank tops etc.

I guess I will put hubby in black pants and one of those shirts that doesn't have to be tucked in...me, maybe pants/capris with a nice top/sweater.

Just a side note...they told us that when we made last minute ps's for the flying fish...smart casual...no shorts...I said well, then I guess we can't go...we are standing right in front of the restaurant in shorts...the castmember told us...go anyway, they will not turn you away...lol...the whole restaurant was filled with people in shorts...except for the bride/groom and the wedding party taking up one table.

We went Sat Oct 18th. It was an amazing event! I will have to post a detailed report later as we just got back from Vacation.
The dress is more smart than casual. I would suggest something other than shorts and tshirts, although many guests were dressed this way and nobody minded. The event was more upscale than that. Many Disney exec looking types attended, in suits and dresses with their ID on. The food and wines were amazing, it was set up in food stations. The decor was amazing and they also had different performers and models in costume strolling through the event. In general I would say an excellent event with just the right amount of people. It wasn't overcrowded and we rarely had to wait in line for items. Well organized and setup. We are planning to attend next year!

Thank you so much for sharing your experieince. This makes me so excited for Friday night. I am very glad to hear people were dressed up as that is what I had intended to do. If you have the time to post some mere details plese do!!!
Gail

Eagerly awaiting your detailed report MichelleTO! Can't wait to hear about some of the dishes that were offered...

Brad

Sorry this took so long! 1 week ago at exactly the time I am typing this we were on our way to EPCOT! We went as a group of 4 adults and the kids spent the evening at the Neverland club.
Arrived at The America Pavillion, concert area at 5:45 for the Sister Sledge Concert(the group changes each week). We had to check in with the CM for the party, they gave us a special wristband and they were only seating people going to the party in a specific area. Once they started the concert they opened the entire seating area to everyone. It was a nice concert, they played for about 20 minutes and then as a large group we followed a cast member as they walked us to the area the party was to be in. The party was held in the building that they had the Millenium Celebration in. This is located between Canada and The UK. When we entered we were given a wine glass with the F&W logo and a plate, the cool ones with the cutout for the wine glass to hang. You got to keep the glass but not the plate, as they reminded you when you entered.

As we entered all we could do was say wow!. The room decor was amazing. In the foyer are all these groupings of furniture for lounging and then colourful gauzie material draped from the ceilings with upighting, as you entered the main area. It was dark in the background hiding the buildings walls with dramatic swaths of material and lighting strategically placed to create this amazing feeling in the room. There was music playing in the background, some recored and at some times during the eveing live performers. All the food was set up in stations as was the wine. Each station was decorated in a similar fashion. Once I get my photos back I will post them. The wines were also set up in Stations. There were 20 food stations and 21 wine stations. At each wine( and liquor) station there were 3 selections.There were also coffee and water stations throughout the room. At the very back of the room which was a wide semicircle shape, there was a seating area with tables. There were also taller cocktail tables spattered throughout the event where you could rest your plate and wine while you tasted. Of course all the tables were draped in beautiful coloured lines that had a crinkled tafetta look. There were 2 stage areas, one for the bands and one for the performers. They had 2 different acts that did acrobatic routines, I am not sure but possibly from Cirque du soleil. They also had numerous models dressed in elaborate costume type gowns walk through the event. There was a charcature artist that also drew pictures of the guests throughout the entire evening.

The number of guests was perfect ! Apparently they were sold out. The room was busy but not packed. We never had to wait more than 2 mintues at any station. You felt free to move easily around the room. We did dress up for the event, and were glad we did. The ambiance was more upscale. No characters here! However many guests were in their shorts and T shirts and that was fine, they were never out of place, which is a nice thing about Disney! We noticed there were many people in suits and dresses that seemed to be Disney brass, they had their signature oval name tags on! They all seemed a bit on edge during the event. They certainly didn't have to be as it was a huge success and very well organized. I was truely impressed with the capable staff in the rorom and how they whisked away used dishes and helped replenished the stations. Well Done Disney!

OK now to the best part. The FOOD and Wine. I am trying to scan and post the brochure we were handed. I didn't refer to it much during the evening but have since read it and realized I only missed one item! Yes wew did indulge. No wed id not try every wine! Althought we did have our fill. We were carefull not to over indulge so we could walk respectably back to the Monorail! Remeber this is a family place! Our favourite foods and wines were;

Sauteed Crab and Rock Shrimp with ****ake Mushroom and Trixi's Gnocchi
Venison Tenderloin with Terrine of Foi Gras, carmelized Shallots and Truffled Fig Glaze
Minced chichen with Soynuts in a lettuce Cup with Hoisin Sauce - served by Martin Yan!
Paella Valencis - with huge prawns!
Tim Folet and Tim Healea's bread and Cheese display - absolutley amazing. We had cheeses wewhad never tried. My fav was the one they scraped in a circular motion with this cool tool. The chef assisting with the table had us try the cheese like this or just a plan chunk, like two different cheeses, amazing. If any one goes to the party and can be smart enough to write it down please let me know. It was something like Ti am.. ....

The dessert station was also amazing, my favourite was the Gingersnap lemon ice cream sandwiches and the White Chocolate passionfruit mouse a la eve.

Wine, well where do we start? Loved the Pommery, Masi, Lindemans and Penfolds. We also enjoyed so many others. A favourite towards the end of the evening was the Remy Martin Station. The cognac great as usuall but I loved their new Remy Red, more of a liquor than a cognac.

As you can tell it was a great night. I must say I was a little leary with an $85 per person price tag, not knowing what the meal would be like. It was excellent value and we are trying to make plans to attend next years event. If they are not yet sold out this year and you can, you should try to attend! It was a great gourmet evening.

To top it all off just before 9p.m. they announced Illumniations would be starting. We decided to watch as the event was ending at 9 anyways. As we left the area they put any of our remaining beverages into a plastic cup, bagged our keeper glass wine glasses and bitdus goodnight. I love the USA liquor laws, we could never do this in Canada! We enjoyed illuminatuion as we sipped our leftover Remy.

After Illumniations we headed back to the Monorail. We stopped at the Disney gfit shops that were still open. My only suggestion would to be keep the Food and Wine Gift Shop areas open as well. We wanted to buy items for the festival but all these shops were closed. I think many people would have purchased items on their way out after the event.

What a great night!!

Post any question you have ! I need to still poast our entire trip report. so stay tuned for that. We were on site for 8 days, our longest yet, still feel we could use another day and boy wouldn't a crusie after that be a nice way to actually relax!!

Michelle, thank you for a great PFTS report! Did you attend any of the other Food and Wine Parings, or any other special events?
I went a little nuts and booked a ton of things when I'm there in a couple of weeks:

Saturday: Party for the Senses (I can't wait based on the review!)

Sunday: Lunch and Learn at Citrico's (Rick Bayless cooking!)

Monday: Food and Wine Pairing at Marrakesh

Tuesday: Hmm, a grazing day around World Showcase!

Wednesday: International Beer Pairing Dinner at Rose and Crown

Thursday: Food and Wine Pairing at Coral Reef (for my bday!)

Friday: Food and Wine Pairing at Le Cellier

I didn't book any Reserve or Signature Dinners, but maybe another year, if I don't book all that other stuff! :crazy:

BriarRosie, Looks like you went as 'nuts' as I did! We are going the week before you and I also booked us for several fo the Wine and Food Pairings. Most of the same ones as you, only one week before. Have a great trip and enjoy!
:D

Sounds like you both are in for a busy and fun week! We did not do any other F&W events as our last day at disney was on Sunday the 19th. We did however have a chance to take a peak at some of the booths but not enough time to sample or purchase anything as this was on our way to PFTS. We will on a future trip try to ccordinate so we are there for more days of the festival. For us we had taken our kids out of school during our Thanksgiving week so they wouldn't miss as many days of school. We always try to go for MNSSHP(which was also wonderful!) and got lucky with the timing this year and could make at least the first day of the festival.
Enjoy your week, it sounds amazing! BriarRose I hope you enjoy the pairings at Le Cellier, we live in Niagara Wine country and noticed you will be having Inniskillin wines which are excellent!

MichelleTO -- Thank you very much! The setup and decor for the PotS sounds very similar to (if not exactly like) last year. The Venison dish is making me drool all over my keyboard! (sorry about the image ;-) )

I can't wait to see the full brochure once you've had the chance to scan and post it.

BriarRosie and SamSam,

I hope you both enjoy your experiences as much as MichelleTO seems to. Eagerly looking forward to your reports when you return!

Originally posted by MichelleTO
Enjoy your week, it sounds amazing! BriarRose I hope you enjoy the pairings at Le Cellier, we live in Niagara Wine country and noticed you will be having Inniskillin wines which are excellent!

It looks like SamSam and I will be tag team dining! LOL!
Very cool.

Everyone has been telling me that I need to try the Ice Wine.
I wonder if that's one of the wines they'll give us. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter