• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did anyone with an AP get free dining with MORE then a 1 day ticket??

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
I am not the norm?

I can see if everyone in your party has an AP I guess, but I just got mine for discounts and DH and DD use hopper tickets.

I thought since you could use your ticket from 14 days on when you START it not when you receive it, it was worthwhile for me to get a bigger ticket for the whole family then the one day base. It just seemed to costly for me to add that x3 people.for a one day no hopper ticket, about $170. We ended up buying the 7 day hopper for all 3 of us for only $350 more and thought it was money well spent. DH and dd are holding onto their previous hoppers with no expiration for another trip when I get a room only AP rate. I will either use my ticket to purchase my next AP or use it on my next trip without an AP.

Am I not getting why everyone decided 1 day ticket is the best way to go :confused3 or I am the only who buys an AP and doesn't get one for the rest of the family :rotfl:

All three of us have APs so we went with the one day base tickets to get the free dining. Didn't need anything more than that.

Jodi :flower:

Our whole family also has AP's so there was no sense in us getting longer tickets. Next year we might not get AP's since we plan on doing a cuise and Mexico

I guess I am in the minority then. I just purchased the AP rate for a huge discount at the Poly (that paid for the AP itself) but we all have leftover hoppers too.

You could get 1 day base passes for everyone on the package, then after check-in, you would be able to upgrade all the passes that need to be upgraded. So right after check-in, you could go to resort guest services and the 1 day passes for your DH and DD could be upgraded to 7 day or whichever passes you want, and you could save your 1 day pass to be credited for your AP renewal or any other pass.

We bought 7 day tickets for a 6 day stay :rotfl:. My family all have APs, but we're bringing my niece who will need tickets for 7 days. We thought about upgrading her from a 1 day to a 7 day, but we'll lose the $10 advance purchase savings.

I have an AP, but my son and D-I-L do not. I bought all of us 7 day MYW tickets with the plus options, with the free dining. Once we get down there I will use my AP and save my 7 day ticket to use next year after my AP expires. Because we plan to do the water parks, DQ, and PI, I will have to use my AP to get myself discounted tickets for those. The CM said that as long as I didn't activate any part of the 7 day ticket (including the pluses) that I could save it for next year.

My 2 daughters and I are going to WDW in October and then the whole family is headed back to WDW in December for our annual Christmas trip. The 3 of us will have APs but my dh will not have any passes at all. I am planning on getting the 1-day ticket for all four of us on the MYW Package with Dining and letting him use those while we are there in December. We will upgrade one of those passes to however many additional days he will need (probably 5).

Does that sound "doable?"

PNO4TE said:
Does that sound "doable?"
"Doable", but not "legal". The passes will be on your room keys with all female names on them. Plus, are your daughters "adults" in Disney's eyes? The CMs might miss a man using a pass with a female name, but they won't miss an adult using a child's pass.

robinb said:
"Doable", but not "legal". The passes will be on your room keys with all female names on them. Plus, are your daughters "adults" in Disney's eyes? The CMs might miss a man using a pass with a female name, but they won't miss an adult using a child's pass.

My daughters are 19 and 27 so the Adult part is not a problem. Have they changed the way the room keys are assigned? In the past (more than 30 trips) all the keys had my name on them because the reservation is in my name.

Thanks!

I don't know if it is because of the evening EMH's or what the reason, but our room keys/tickets each had the individual's name on it. Maybe because of the new finger scan?

Disneymomofsix said:
I don't know if it is because of the evening EMH's or what the reason, but our room keys/tickets each had the individual's name on it. Maybe because of the new finger scan?

Thanks, Disneymomofsix... I did not know that the room keys now had each individual name on them. I think that is a great idea for everyone! Now I know I will be adding days onto on of those 1 day passes for DH and saving the others for the next trip down to put toward new APs.

Even after 30+ trips, there is much to learn on the DIS! Thanks again. :cool1:

About upgrading passes - do they cost the same at the park or are there more charges. Right now increasing from a 7 day to an 8 day cost about $3. Is this really what it would cost at say MK after I already used 5 days and then decided I would like another day added?

PNO4TE: That's exactly what we're doing. In fact, we may not even renew our APs **gasp** in December. We go to WDW for Christmas/NYE every year and we usually plan another trip in July or August. We have a 2 week trip to Disneyland (!) and Hawaii (!!) planned for next year and we probably won't be able to afford another trip in 2006. We'll be upgrading our tickets to 10 days I think ... or maybe we'll buy 10 days from the get-go.

Suzanne74 said:
About upgrading passes - do they cost the same at the park or are there more charges.

You may lose your buy-in-advance savings you pay the difference between the advance price for a 7 day to the gate price of an 8 day. In that case, it would cost you $14 more for the extra day. I would be curious to hear from people who upgraded at the parks if they got the advance price or the gate price on the upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter