Did cherry chips disappear from stores?

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

I am trying to get ready for Christmas baking and want to make Cherry Mash, like the candy bars. Anyway, I can't find the cherry chips anymore. Anyone have ideas on where to purchase them?

I saw them last night in our local WalMart. I however have been looking for the cinnamon chips that I have been unable to locate.

I saw cinnamon chips at two of our grocery stores just yesterday. I love those things! I will head out to Walmart today. Thanks for the info.

If you don't see them, let me know. Maybe we can work out a trade. I love the cookies from the recipe on the cinnamon chip bag.

TammyBell, I was thinking the same thing. I just got back and found my cherry chips for only seventy cents. I am willing to help you out if you need me to. I saw your cinnamon chips at Safeway, Albertsons and King Soopers (Kroger) if you have any of them. Nothing at our Walmart. I love the recipe on the package as well. I have cinnamon chips in my freezer.

Hi guys,

I am trying to get ready for Christmas baking and want to make Cherry Mash, like the candy bars. Anyway, I can't find the cherry chips anymore. Anyone have ideas on where to purchase them?

I love all things cherry, but what is a cherry chip? Is it like a banana chip or dried cranberry? Would you mind posting the recipie for me?

It is like a chocolate chip but cherry. I will indeed post the recipe when I have a bit more time.

I decided to type it up and post it before I forgot. Here goes:

Cherry Mash

12 large marshmallows
2 cups sugar
½ cup butter (1 stick)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/8 tsp. salt

Combine in pan, cook until med smooth. Boil 5 minutes, then add cherry chips (12 oz bag). After cooking pour into a buttered 9X13 pan and chill in refrigerator.

In Microwave bowl combine
12 oz chocolate chips
¾ cup peanut butter

Melt these ingredients together in microwave and add 1 lb of crushed cocktail peanuts. Spread over the top of chilled cherry mix.

Enjoy!

It is like a chocolate chip but cherry. I will indeed post the recipe when I have a bit more time.

Really? I've never seen those in stores here. I've never seen cinnamon chips either. I thought they might be like brickle chips or red hot candies. We are so deprived.

Really? I've never seen those in stores here. I've never seen cinnamon chips either. I thought they might be like brickle chips or red hot candies. We are so deprived.

That's too bad. They cinnamon chips are the best!

Ha...we must be deprived in Calif. I've never heard of them either!

Recipe sounds yummy!

I guess with all of you not having it in your parts of the country, I better run out and buy more. Getting a little nervous here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter