Did/do you have a while he was/is gone project?

My sister's princess

<font color=green>These boards have grimmer police
While DH is away I am trying to finish our scrapbook from our wedding trip, and I am starting to look into what kind of house we might want. Did you have a project you did while your partner was away?

I'm training for a half marathon, and I've planned at least one 5k, 8k, or 10k per month leading up to that. I'm still deciding which half to do, but both are around a month before he is supposed to get back.

I've increased the number of weekend bookings I'm doing as well (I'm a photographer) because I took some time off before he left.

I have to find a new house to move into because our lease is up the month he gets home.

And I really need to scrapbook as well, but with all the above things & time with friends (it seems like everyone's husband is in Afghanistan right now!) there really isn't too much time left over.

I am not sure that this counts as a "project", but my goal is to lose 40 lbs while he is deployed. I am going to the gym 5 days a week. We are going to Hawaii for Christmas when he comes home, so that is even more motivation.

I fell into a soccer coaching "project" too. I was worried I would be bored while he was gone, but I worked to hard to keep myself busy that I am almost too busy. I have also volunteered to take on more work at my kids' school.

I have a fairly time consuming job that can constitute 12 hour days even on weekends-but i take time to be me-i go to the movies we would not see together-see artists i love in concert-go to vegas with my girlfriends-travel with my sister in law-that sort of thing-taking the time to be who i am makes me better at being half of us.
My children are grown so i have a great deal more flexibilty than some people might

I am doing a scrapbook as well. I also am trying to lose weight not just because he is gone but that is an incentive! I am getting our bedroom, our bathroom and the hallway painted. I keep threatening;) him that I might just yank up the carpet and paint the cement below. I am so tired of carpet. But I just started this deployment so I have some time. Even though I have been told it goes by fast.

I was worried I would be bored while he was gone, but I worked to hard to keep myself busy that I am almost too busy.

I didn't keep myself busy enough the first deployment, so I totally overplanned this one so far. I'm working 6 days a week most of the time, and have way too many workout classes & social activities planned. It's tiring, but at least it makes me appreciate the random nights I sit alone rather than having that be the norm. It is making time pass quickly as well!

I am not sure yet, my hubby leaves very very shortly and the only thing I am thinking about is losing weight. I am planning some small trips while he is away, my brothers wedding is in Sept, and a MNNSHP in October, hopefully while hubby is home on R & R.

I lost about 20lbs while he's been gone (yr deployment)... been at a plateau for awhile now. He's coming back in June (can't believe I am that close!). At this point all I want to do it hold my sanity together - LOL! That's my goal... :)

Getting my drivers license. I hate having to admit that im an almost 22 year old without one, it embarrases me. I don't know why I never bothered before, but that's my goal while he is gone.

Also, to get in better shape. Not lose weight really, just tone up a bit.

I always lose weight while he is gone!

I get a lot of scrapbooking done while he is away too. Other than that I just make sure my kids are involved in everything so that it keeps us all busy.

I also lose weight when he's gone too. This time I'm going to do Insanity while he's gone, so I'm trying something new. This time I'm going to redo one room...either our bedroom, bathroom or bonus room. I'm thinking of the bedroom, but dh has begged me not to paint. He's said that he doesn't want to come home to paint on the rug...don't know what he's talking about..lol. Also I'm going to start scrapbooking. I bought the cricut last deployment but I just broke it out of the box...almost a year later...

My project is to organize the craft room while he is gone. I haven't even started yet. I have been busy with school, work, and our dd. There never seems to be enough time to get the project done. I just have to do sit down do it.

I log even more gym time while my DH is away. Also have yard and house projects I work on. He is a pilot so sometimes he is back and in a week and other times a month.

I have to echo what some of the PP's have said and admit that I hit the gym big time. Knowing when he is coming home gives me a goal date, and it's great motivation to picture my husband's face when he comes home to see my super hot bod! LOL!:laughing:

Well, I am just checking in and I guess letting you know how my weight loss "project" is going. He has been gone 8 1/2 weeks and I have loss 20 lbs so far. I am a SAHM so I drop the kids off at school and hit the gym hard. I also started the Couch to 5K this week. My goal is now 30 more pounds before he comes home at the end of Sept. It has been relatively easy so far, but I know that real challenge will start when the kids get out of school for the summer. Good Luck to everyone else who is trying to shed a few pounds while they are away.

Well, I am just checking in and I guess letting you know how my weight loss "project" is going. He has been gone 8 1/2 weeks and I have loss 20 lbs so far. I am a SAHM so I drop the kids off at school and hit the gym hard. I also started the Couch to 5K this week. My goal is now 30 more pounds before he comes home at the end of Sept. It has been relatively easy so far, but I know that real challenge will start when the kids get out of school for the summer. Good Luck to everyone else who is trying to shed a few pounds while they are away.

Congratulations! My DH has been gone 8 weeks and I have been on a rollercoaster of emotions. Crzy things happening. I have lost 6 pounds but you have inspired me to lose more! My goal is June 19 to lose 15 pounds! Good luck and God bless you and your family!:thumbsup2

Congratulations! My DH has been gone 8 weeks and I have been on a rollercoaster of emotions. Crzy things happening. I have lost 6 pounds but you have inspired me to lose more! My goal is June 19 to lose 15 pounds! Good luck and God bless you and your family!:thumbsup2

Looks like we are living parallel lives. LOL I understand the roller coaster. I see you are heading to WDW soon. I am taking the kids when school gets out. My parents and nieces are going to come with us. I told my DH that I almost feel like I am cheating on him with Disney. I have never been without him. He insisted though.

Good luck with the weight loss. You can do it. Trust me, if I can do it, so can you. May God bless you and yours as well.

Apparently our husbands all left with the same rotation - mine's been gone almost 9 weeks as well :) I've lost a few pounds, but not as much as I would like. I really need to amp it up this summer...I've been so busy & stressed with work lately that I haven't had nearly as much time to work out as I had planned on. Good luck to both of you with the weight loss and getting through this deployment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter