Did I miss the sale?

pook22401

Earning My Ears
I'm new to Royal Caribbean and I have a question about shore excursions. The shore excursions were on sale last week, but I hadn't decided what to do yet. Now I've decided and they are more expensive. I've noticed that RC has sales all the time. My cruise leaves on 8/2/18. Should I wait for another sale? Or should I book them now so that I don't miss out on the things we want to do? Help please.

Thanks!

With Royal, you can book an excursion now, and if you see it at a better price later, you can cancel and rebook. However, I don't recall whether your purchase is refunded or converted to credit.

But, you now have the luxury of looking at comparable 3rd party excursions if you're so inclined.

With Royal, you can book an excursion now, and if you see it at a better price later, you can cancel and rebook. However, I don't recall whether your purchase is refunded or converted to credit.

But, you now have the luxury of looking at comparable 3rd party excursions if you're so inclined.

Refunded.

I'd wait for another sale, they will likely have one for Memorial Day next weekend (it is next weekend right?), and possibly in July as well. You can book it up to a few days before you cruise. There is a small danger of something really popular filling up, but I've never had that happen to the ones I've been looking at.

NEW SALE 10-30% off variety of things.

Last sale we actually cancelled and rebooked some things to get the discount.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/...30-cruise-planner-purchases-memorial-day-sale

adventure-jeep-to-punta-sur-CZ4P-mosaic.jpg

Last edited:

Refunded.
Thanks. And confirmed, as I just cancelled my Costa Maya Adventure Park excursion and it was credited back to my MC. Decided to do beach instead of water/zip line park and head to either Tropicante or Krazy Lobster.

I'd wait for another sale, they will likely have one for Memorial Day next weekend (it is next weekend right?), and possibly in July as well.
+1 for you, as there is one running through the (US) holiday Monday. Seems to be 15% off "Cruise Favourites", but worth a look.

Just saw another sale is happening this weekend. Still have tomorrow to book.

From what I can see, RCL has these "sales" almost continuously. We sail RCL regularly (next up is the Oasis in September) and I get emails from them almost daily about some sale or another.

From what I can see, RCL has these "sales" almost continuously. We sail RCL regularly (next up is the Oasis in September) and I get emails from them almost daily about some sale or another.

Are you talking Cruise sales? or Onboard Experiences and Excursion sales?

I get the Cruise sales all the time, one stops and other starts. Just repriced us on last weeks sale and ours actually went up.

But the Onboard Experiences (drink package, internet etc) and Excursion sales I usually only see for very small windows and less often. The last sale I think was Memorial Day weekend. This one is only three days long.

Are you talking Cruise sales? or Onboard Experiences and Excursion sales?
I get the onboard experience sales very, very frequently. Cruise sales much less frequently but still probably 1 a week. We are RCL Diamond, which may (or may not) make a difference.

I get the onboard experience sales very, very frequently. Cruise sales much less frequently but still probably 1 a week. We are RCL Diamond, which may (or may not) make a difference.

Maybe the Diamond is what does it. We only cruise about every three years. We are even booked in November and diligently watch and get no offers. And there are 5 bookings together (2 of them cruise annually), none of us have gotten them ~ we are all watching.

Thanks. And confirmed, as I just cancelled my Costa Maya Adventure Park excursion and it was credited back to my MC. Decided to do beach instead of water/zip line park and head to either Tropicante or Krazy Lobster

Interested to hear about Costa Maya beach. We did the Mayan temple tour, but the beach area looked fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!