Did the cabana layout change at Aulani?

Girimama33

"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
After the pool area updates in September, did the location of the cabanas change? Previously, there were 4 by the family pool and 2 by the adult pool (plus 2 by the Menehune Bridge). I have read some reports there are now 3 at the adult pool and 3 at the family pool. Can someone confirm who has been recently?
TIA

Yes that article is great at giving an idea where they are all at now.
As a bonus, when I tried to reserve one several months out for our Christmas trip, they were all snatched up.
While we were there, all 3 of the ones by the quiet pool had signs saying "reserved for the Chang family" but no one was using them (much to my annoyance since it would have been nice to get one at least one day).... then later in the day, the "Chang Family" turned out to be Micheal Jacksons 2 kids Prince Micheal and Blanket along with their entourage of about 20 people.

That was my "star" sighting at Aulani... though not as cool as Britney....

Yes they have changed. We had went on our first trip spring of 2012 when the cabanas were original on the side of the main pool and cabana #1 was overlooking the ocean. We recently went for Christmas 2013 and the cabanas were moved towards the back of the infinity pool. We were very disappointed by this and found that it wasn't worth the money. You are too far back to see anything and not close to the pool.

So what cabana would you request if you had one for the Ka Maka Pool? I guess it would be between 3 & 5. We have a cabana booked on Monday and Friday and the Executive Lanai on Wednesday. I think I am gong to also book the Lanai for Friday, and we can cancel the one we do not want on Wednesday night.
The whole reason I did the cabana (vs. lanai on all days) was because I thought it would be close to the main pool.

When we were there I remember checking them out and debating which cabana I would want of the 3 at the Ka Maka pool.

Its tough to say.... the farthest one over #3 seems like it would give you a little more privacy as it was right on the end of the row next to the resort fence/wall and would not have folks walking past and looking in quite as much. But it would also require the longest walk around to get to the pool steps (though I guess it would be closest to the grotto hot tub if you could get through on that far side).

The one that was closest to the pool entrance #3 probably has the best straight on view to the ocean looking out over the infinity pool, but it was also nearest to the main walkway and so it would have a lot of traffic walking past it all the time on the one side of it.

Then the one in the middle #4... you have cabanas on either side of you.... I really couldn't decide which one was best as they all had pros and cons. I guess I would go for #5 because of ease of access and, of the 3, the least obstructed view of the pool and ocean.

Thanks Pam...I was initially thinking of requesting #3 since it is a bit more private (not much though I imagine). I opted to request #5 due to the better view, and we have a large party (13 of us), so the easier access will probably work better for us... Now I just have to hope we get it. If not, no big deal.
87 days left..Whoop Whoop! :beach:party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter