Did you Date in High School

I had a steady girlfriend most of high school - folks thought we might get married, but we grew apart when we went away to college (in different states).

Yes, last half of senior year, a girl from a town we used to roller skate at. 30 miles from my hometown, I would drive and pick her up after school and take her to my parents where she would ride with them to the HS basketball games and then she would wait for me afterwards. Graduated in May, married her in September, that was 45 years ago!! Best thing ever!!

When I was a freshman in high school I dated a senior boy. I was a nerd, so I thought I'd might as well go with this guy because nobody else liked me that way. Sounds horrible, I know. We dated until my junior year, when he decided it was cool to hit me. I broke up with him eventually, after finding my own strength. He died a couple of years ago.

I started dating in 10th grade. I usually dated older guys. I was 16 and Dh was 20 when we started dating. Our kids are mortified by the age difference now, but at least in our area it was common in the 70’s. One of my good friends married her teacher after she graduated from high school. Even that wasn’t uncommon. I know several kids I went to school with who married our teachers. We have all been married 40+ years, so I guess it all worked out.

To be honest with you, I used to steal them until I turned 18 and was able to buy them “legally”. And even after that, it was embarrassing until I moved to a gay friendly town (Boston) after college. How different it must be to grow up now with the internet!

I confess I stole a few such straight magazines in high school too. Used to slip them into a Sports Illustrated or Newsweek.

I did not date in high school and barely since then. It never goes well for me and I rarely feel like trying because it's generally a horrible experience or just a waste of energy. Women do not seem to care for me at all, which is their perogative.

I did not date in high school and barely since then. It never goes well for me and I rarely feel like trying because it's generally a horrible experience or just a waste of energy. Women do not seem to care for me at all, which is their perogative.

spoken like a man who is about to fall in love ( you heard it here first people)

I dated a few people, mostly guys I worked with (all of us were high school aged kids). Nobody at my own high school seemed interested, lol!

A year after graduation, I was at a local nightclub and the popular dreamy guy I crushed in all 4 years of high school was there- he told me he thought I was cute in HS! We kissed a bit, and he took me out later that weekend. What a dud! Turns out, sometimes your "dream prince" turns out to be a frog...

Dated quite a bit. At first it was guys in school with me. Then it was more “cool” to date guys from other high schools or older guys.

Started dating ex-h Senior year. Married 4 months after graduation. Divorced 5 years later. Met dh, married him after a year of dating and here we are 32 years later!

Nope. I was never asked out until college and the only guy who asked me out in college ended up standing me up the one and only time (and then weirdly calling asking for me a few months later - by which point I'd moved across the country he also added me on FB as soon as I finally made one. So random!). I only dated one person before my now husband.

For those of you who found “the one” early in life - are you ever sad you missed out on dating or more “god, I’m so glad I missed that drama?” I can see both perspectives. Dating is fun and terrible at the same time.

For those of you who found “the one” early in life - are you ever sad you missed out on dating or more “god, I’m so glad I missed that drama?” I can see both perspectives. Dating is fun and terrible at the same time.
Um, niether really. I do not feel like I missed out or like I dodged a bullet

I AM glad that I regognized the right guy when he came along and i do enjoy that having met him when we were young means we somehwat "grew up together" and we've had the advantage of combining our financial lot and teamwork from the start of careers and got to have kids while young, meaning are now free to really enjoy and travel and whatnot while still relatively young but also far enough along in careers to do it so much better than we would have been able to in our 20s.

I did, and it was fine but for some reason I don't like my DD dating. May I just don't like the guy she is dating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter