Did you hear- Disney buying Marvel...

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
Just thought I'd share in case anyone has little ones OBSESSED with all things super hero & not at all Disney. We did have a Buzz obsession but by last year all Marvel & DC took over his brain!

This is exciting for us as we breathe comics since the obsession began. Hopefully there will be Marvel merchandise at the parks soon - my DS would LOVE that. But even more so he'd love to see Spiderman walking down Main Street!!! ;)

http://www.boston.com/business/arti...y_to_buy_comic_book_powerhouse_marvel_for_4b/

Ya I heard that this afternoon very curios to see what this will mean for Disney

I dont think Spider man fits walking down mainstreet at all. I think they will be able to place him over in DCA but to me...DL just isn't a place I see him at, or many of their characters for that matter. I hope this means good things for disney but it may take years to see what truly happens.

I dont think Spider man fits walking down mainstreet at all. I think they will be able to place him over in DCA but to me...DL just isn't a place I see him at, or many of their characters for that matter. I hope this means good things for disney but it may take years to see what truly happens.

I don't think any Marvel characters should be at any Disney park. Horrible match IMO. However, if they want to buy Busch gardens or something and make that all marvel-fied, that'd be fine. But really..I'm not thrilled with the whole idea..Muppets fit much better.

I don't think any Marvel characters should be at any Disney park. Horrible match IMO. However, if they want to buy Busch gardens or something and make that all marvel-fied, that'd be fine. But really..I'm not thrilled with the whole idea..Muppets fit much better.

Yeah they just seem too rough and well...scary :rotfl:

i wonder what this means for universal orlando's adventure island because half of there rides are marvel super hero based. i would hope they would make a seperate park for the marvel stuff, because i also dont think it fits into the magic of disney.

I dont think its that outlandish of an idea, no more then fitting star wars or indiana jones in with disney and those are some of my favorite attractions there. I have full faith that if marvel shows up in the parks it will be made to fit in, I think disney is smarter then to just throw in a super hero in any old place, and im kind of excited to see what they come up with to do with marvel, if anything(keep in mind disney owns ALOT of things that are not in the parks and there is a good chance this is simply another way for them to make money by owning the rights)

I dont think its that outlandish of an idea, no more then fitting star wars or indiana jones in with disney and those are some of my favorite attractions there. I have full faith that if marvel shows up in the parks it will be made to fit in, I think disney is smarter then to just throw in a super hero in any old place, and im kind of excited to see what they come up with to do with marvel, if anything(keep in mind disney owns ALOT of things that are not in the parks and there is a good chance this is simply another way for them to make money by owning the rights)
Well, good point..and they did fit them in pretty seamlessly with Indy in Adventureland and Star wars in Tomorrowland, but I don't know... the marvel characters are so fractured and established and changed all over the place..many have taken on some very odd and dark undertones (I work part time in a book store stocking magazines and books and the comics coming out now..holy cow). I guess the Muppets will be more prevelant next year, and I guess I can deal with that, but with all the great Disney/Pixar characters not expolited..er..highlighted, yet, why not focus on them? Honestly, if Disney wants to branch out heavily in all these different character realms, it should buy a hurting theme park (again, Busch..or however you spell it) and go from there.

When my boys heard this they were horrified. They like Disney but they thought they would turn Spiderman in to something "cutsie". :rotfl:

I'm thinking that they will probably just let that other park keep the Spiderman theme- for a price. At least for a while. And they just want to sit back and collect the money from it. Although, maybe he would fit in at the Hollywood park at WDW. I could be wrong, but I bet they just leave him alone for now.

I don't know if I want to see any Marvel characters in any Disney parks. I think what seperates Indy and Star Wars for me is that Marvel is animated and it's not by Disney animators.

Plus, I'm a bigger DC fan than Marvel. ;)

mmmmm. I havnt quite decided what I think about this whole thing yet. I love Comic's and I love Disney... and I like them seperate. I most certainly would not like to see spiderman in the gift shops on main street to me that would simply be Disney showing there its all about the Money side (no offense to your little one Im sure he would love it:)). Spiderman and all of them are at Universal so I imagine they wont be any more :confused3 which is a bummer because I liked seem them there. I also most certainly do not want my super hereos Disneyfied. So do I like that Disney had bought Marvel I dont really know. I like both companys, but I liked the way Marvel was running the super hereo bizz and I hope disney doesnt change it.

While I understand your thought on this, is he really that different than the Incredibles?

Now, Spiderman on the Golden Gate bridge at DCA - that would be very cool!

While I understand your thought on this, is he really that different than the Incredibles?

Now, Spiderman on the Golden Gate bridge at DCA - that would be very cool!

Well, the Incredibles are Disney after all..and you don't see them at DlR but in PixarLand..errr DCA. Since the bridge will be gone at DCA pretty soon, maybe they can put it in the new MarvelLand park :)

I have mixed feelings about Disney & Marvel put together. It's like Disney is stealing (buying out of course) other pp's creations. I think the Disney animators need to be more creative since Pixar is the one coming out w/ the more successful movies & characters. (Can't wait for Princess & the Frog though).
But this is a good opportunity to attract the male audience since the girls have princesses & that focus has become a major succcess. The only thing that is mainly aimed @ boys are Star Wars.

Has anyone checked out Stan Lee & Disney's Time Jumper? It actually looks really cool & interesting. :)

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/timejumper/

Now that Disney owns Marvel, Dreamworks is the only independently owned studio. At the time, there was rumors that Dreamworks was a takeover target but that seems to have died down a bit.

Now that Disney owns Marvel, Dreamworks is the only independently owned studio. At the time, there was rumors that Dreamworks was a takeover target but that seems to have died down a bit.

Well not exactly, there are lots of studios out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter