Did you like the "secret" AP launch or the pre-announced discounts?

Did you prefer the launch of the AP rates on 5/4 than the prior pre-announced ones?

• Prefer 5/4/5/ Absolutely worked better!

• Doesn't matter one way or the other

• No it was terrible, I am lost without prior notification!

• Who cares?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
I really liked the way disney handled the AP rates this time. It probably favored the "private" ap holders who book there own ressies, and could get through on the phones easier, than the big mega travel agencies (not that that's a bad thing) that book disney heavily. We all had a level playing field, or at least it seemed so. So that everyone had a chance and that the lines where not tied up sold for 3 hours and you could not get a call through. Or if you didn't get one of the 1st 5 request you didn't get what you needed. So far only a few people have reported not getting what they wanted, or that there preferred resort didn't give any discounts.

I got a survery about AP's a couple of weeks ago and did address this very issue so I bet they had a lot of comments about it. Or a lot of problems with the phones / computers that wdw just changed it back to the "old" way?

What do you think? Mky princess:

Yeah, I actually liked the fact that I got an email from Disney about it but it wasn't on Mousesavers.com yet. (I guess that does mean, as you mentioned, that the travel agents had not gotten it yet.) Also, when I called today, someone was on the line immediately and I got my first choice. So whatever they did differently this time, I like.

I would have liked prior notification because by the time I called all of the standard WL views were gone for our dates! I don't know what made me look this morning, I really didn't think it would be till tomorrow. That being said, I'm glad we all had a level playing field because I doubt if I would have been able to get even AKL if I had to compete with the big travels. So if they would just send me a personal notification first I would be happy! :rotfl2:

I voted for doesn’t really matter. Right now. I “only” have a voucher for my AP. Disney doesn’t even recognize that I am an AP holder – I cannot even access the AP site on Disney.com. They have my money for the AP don’t they? Anyway, I missed the boat on the AP rate because I found out 24 hours after it was announced. I do not know how this will impact my decision on renewal next year but right now I doubt I will. :confused3

I know what you mean. The last time purchased an annual pass like you I couldn't get on the site and no matter who you talk to nothing changes. I complained but to no avail. I did buy the annual pass again because it does give great discounts not only for rooms but just about everything else. As for the day before e-mail that is a joke. I don't need my discount until September but if you want the GREAT advance notice just go to the dis boards. By the time I got my e-mail the last time all of the rooms were taken. They give you this hype that they are giving you a days advanced notice HA! Since you can't get onto the passholder site I would call for info on dining, tours, golf etc. Good luck :)

I would bet the reason it wasn't on Mousesavers was because she was at the Press Event at WDW and didn't update the page. My brother got a phone call from his Magical Journeys travel agent early on the 4th (he was still in bed) that she had converted his reservation to an AP and had CRO on the other line while she called him on her cell phone. So I know at least some agents knew they were out and were working.

I've been an ap holder for years and I still haven't gotten my email notice on this yet. And I do get emails for passholders so I know I'm on the mailing list. :confused3

Mky princess:

The last 2 times Disney 'secretly' announced their AP discounts being released, my sister got her 24 hour advance notice email hours AFTER the codes have been released! :rolleyes: She doesn't need one till Sept., but I wouldn't count on WDW anymore!! :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter