Differences between WDW & Disneyland

paperdoll1986

Mouseketeer
Just listening to the email podcast for today and I enjoyed everyone's perspective on People who think seeing one Disney park is like seeing any other one. I knew little about WDW when I started looking into my trip (That I'm leaving for in 9 days! :woohoo: )

I began to realize how different the parks all were. This is mostly a philisophical questions, but how do you see the differences beside attractions?

I try to keep in mind that the park is like an art form. Walt seemed to see the attractions as mini movies, and since the original Imagineers were, for the most part, originally in the animation side of the business, I have started to see how each park has it's own place in artistic aesthetic and time period almost.

Any thoughts?

I see the differences in the two parks (WDW and DL) in their landscaping. If you look at DL, the trees around the park look more natural, more "elder". They are in the original locations Walt wanted for the park. In WDW not so much, I'm assuming, the trees almost look like they were brought in.
The buildings as well in DL look like they're meant to be there, like the topography of the park just grew around them.
Also, I find it more convienent that DCA is just a walk away, and that the monorail is more of an attraction there then at WDW where it's primarily a mode of transportation.
I've been to both parks, and IMO, I like them both equally, I originally fell in love with WDW, because of EPCOT, and still love EPCOT as my favorite part of WDW. But since my trip a while back to DL, it's making me want more, there's just something about the smallness of the park that makes it seem more inviting, and more intimate.
I'm not saying WDW doesn't have it's charm either, dear no. Expedition Everest is one of the best new rides anywhere, not only in Disney. Animal Kingdom was such a surprise for me back in April, I wasn't expecting anything like that before I got there, and the lushness of the trees, combined with meeting a character randomly, like Baloo and King Louie, made it all the more endearing.
I'm sorry, I think I've been rambleing, but I hope I've answered your question in my own way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter