"Different" question regarding hotel recommendation

Nanseev

Mouseketeer
I'm a SoCal Pass holder, and we're planning on going for an overnight (or possibly two nights) right before our passes go dark for the summer...so June 15th/16th. I can already tell the parks are going to be crazy...I called HoJo and they are sold out, and contacted Disney resorts and DL is sold out, and the other two are either $200+ and $300+.

So...where to stay? The good part is that we have parking included in our pass, and we have a car, so location isn't that important. I'm actually ok if we're 10-15 mins from the park. I'd rather be in a nicer hotel than an iffy one that is close. But I also don't want to spend over $100 per night.

Any recommendations? I'm actually thinking about maybe even trying hotwire and going with a 3.5 or 4 star hotel and just seeing what we get, since location truly isn't that important.

Thanks so much!

Nancy

We have friends that do Priceline all the time for a quick Saturday night stay (they live in Canyon Country) and they have had great success with extremely inexpensive hotels and being give suites for under $50/night. Give it try - if you are willing to gamble, you could come up very lucky.

Didn't someone recently post here that they got the Clarion for $40 or $50 per night using priceline.com? That's definitely within 10-15 minutes, and looks like a pretty nice hotel.

I've had great luck with Priceline too -- got the Hyatt for $45 recently. It was SOOO nice!

Check the Annabella through cheaptickets.com or Expedia. I really like this hotel and it is still a close walk even though it isn't on Harbor Blvd. (cut across and through the Grand Californian out onto Down town Disney) and I have see it during the week going for $69- really good deal.

Just make sure you know about parking fees at hotels....we got Hilton at the Convention Center for $59/night last December through Hotwire, but they have a $15 parking fee. Hyatt has a similar fee. And Anabella charges $10.

Also know that just b/c a place is sold out on their website, or when you call THEM, various travel agencies might "have" rooms that weren't in the inventory of the hotel itself. So check the agencies...Costco Travel, AAA, Getawaytoday.com, Orbitz Travelocity Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire (study betterbidding.com before using those sites, so that you can have a good handle on what hotels might be offered...Hilton and Hyatt are 3.5 star in Disneyland South, for instance, and both mention nearby golf in their hotwire descriptions) and even hotels.com (have gotten good deals from them AND they are refundable!).

I think I've got it down to two...Anabella Hotel or the Ayers in Anaheim. Each has their pros and cons....Anabella I have to pay for parking and internet, but I could get a suite. Ayers I have free breakfast, parking, internet...but a bit further away. Both are basically $85 per night. Decisions, decisions....

Sounds like Ayres has everything you want included- let us know how you like it if you stay there, I always like to hear about new hotels (new to me).

We have friends that do Priceline all the time for a quick Saturday night stay (they live in Canyon Country) and they have had great success with extremely inexpensive hotels and being give suites for under $50/night. Give it try - if you are willing to gamble, you could come up very lucky.

Priceline does work, but aim for a 3 star. I got Extended Stays America twice with a one star rating, it was ok for the price (under $40 with taxes) but it was not my favorite place to stay. Overall though Priceline is a great way to go!

Also check Hotwire. It's a little less risky than Priceline. :) If you need help figuring out the hotels on Priceline or Hotwire then this website can be very useful: bettterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.*********

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter