Dining at Disneyland Resort

lucky1

Face Character
I thought I would post my impressions of my dining experiences this weekend at the Disneyland Resort.
I tried to find out who offered what discounts and I sometimes forgot until long after. One thing we did find is inconsistancy with making Priority Seating reservations. They could not be made for some of the DCA Restaurants and the Blue Bayou had to be made in person on the same day. DGC Hotel guests could make future BB reservations.

Day 1:
Lunch at Avalon Cove Bar;DCA(Restaurant had filled all Priority for the day and they seemed very disorangized as far as taking walk-ins, so we decided to eat at the bar, which had a reduced menu). I had a battered Ahi sandwich that was excellent. Wine list by the glass was very limited. Had Apple Crisp with Ice Cream this was very good.
Seating is all outdoors, but with lots of heaters made it cosy to overlook Paradise Bay and Pier. No discounts and did not take the DL Resort Charge.

Dinner at Blue Bayou; DL. I was disappointed with the meal here. I seems like the crammed more tables in here, because my chair was touching another table's chair and there was no were to move. The servers could not walk between tables and had to reach over us. I ordered Steak Dianne and it not very lean or tasty. Skipped on dessert.
No Discounts.

Day 2:
Breakfast at StoryTeller's Cafe, DGC Hotel. This is a character Breakfast with Chip, Dale and Pulto. Hardly any guests, so there was lots of Character interaction. There is a buffett and menu service. The buffett looked good ($17.95), but I am not a buffett person. I had American meal (Eggs, potatoes, toast and Ham). It was a good breakfast and not too filling. Forgot to ask about Discount. I would eat here again.

Lunch at Pacific Wharf Cafe, DCA. I had cheese and brocolli soap in a bread bowl. This was good, but it seemed such a waste to throw out that bowl.
The bread was very good, I wish there was more soup. The Chicken Salad was also very good. Forgot to ask about Discount. THey take the Resort Charge.

Dinner at The Vineyard Room, DCA. This is a fixed price meal. 4 courses with wine is $50 and w/o wine is $36. Excellent meal and service. Beware that they serve the first 4 courses family style and request that everyone order the same. If you have picky eaters or different tastes in food, go somewhere else. You receive a glass of wine or 2 half glasses with each course. Dining is outdoors and there are limited heaters, so dress warm on cold nights. They did have jackets to lend.
Discounts... I am not sure because we showed our resort charge and she was so sorry that she could not take it that she gave us a great discount.
I would eat here again.

Day 3:
Breakfast at La Baria Bakery, Downtown Disney.
They seemed very disorganized and did not have a good menu visable. I had a bowl of granoela with fruit and milk. It was very good. Unfortunately we arrived when they opened and they did not have their juice ready yet. Luckly it was not crowded at that time or they could have problems.
Did not ask about Discount.

Lunch at Napa Rose, DGC Hotel. Beautiful dinning room with a kitchen that is on stage and a view of DCA. I had sole and it was very good, melted in my mouth. The veggies were so tender and tasted so good. Presentation of the food was beautiful.
Dessert was Lemon creme with blood orange. Ummm.
Discount for Disney Club or AP.

We eat so well, that we did not snack or try any of the fast food for this short trip.

Lucky - thank you so much for the restaurant reviews. We will be staying at GC this weekend and wanted to have a nice dinner since my DH will be gone for Valentine's Day. Maybe I can talk him out of ESPN sports bar for one meal. ;)

Lucky,

My husband and I will be there celebrating our wedding anniversary in early March. Which would you recommend for a really nice dinner...Avalon Cove or the Vineyard Room?

Also, do either take Priority Seating I can schedule in advance?

I'd appreciate any input, as I'm not at all familiar with the new restaurants :)

poohmail.gif

Donna,

At this time both the Vineyard Room and Avalon Cove were not on the phone system for priority seating. We were able to make our Vineyard Room reservation one day in advance at the Vineyard room. We tried to get Guest Services from the Grand California to make a reservation, but they could only call over during serving times (after 11am)and we were in the park at that time, so we just walked up and got a dinner reservation.

If you like Wine, I would suggest the Vineyard room for your anniversary.

Looks like I need to add Storyteller's Cafe to our schedule. Can I call for advance priority seating?

And, where is this located? In the new Grand Californian?

Sheila
sheila.bennett@home.com
Wilderness Lodge; Dec 1999
Disneyland March 2001!

You can make advanced priority seating for the Storyteller's Cafe, which is located in the Grand Californian Hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter