Dining Plan, 3 year old, and CM

Thinktinknpixiedust

DIS Veteran
Ok... before anyone flames me with ethical issues please understand that I am not trying to "rip" the system off, however I would like to utilize something that we have...

We have the DDP for 5, the youngest of us will just be 3 when we get there. She does not have a very big appetite at all and would do very well to have a personal buffet from our plates (she is finicky too). I have 2 questions... if she does not order dinners and shares with us can we then use her credits for Chef Mickeys for breakfast? Is breakfast at CM considered TS?

Again... please, please don't jump to the conclusion that I am a scammer... quite honestly I am the "Jiminy Cricket" of the bunch, and that is why I am asking...

Thanks again!

If you are speaking of sharing meals at NON-BUFFET restaurants to save credits, you absolutely can do this. They won't allow her to share at buffets, but you could pay out of pocket for her. We shared meals a lot last year with our then 6 year old and 11 month old, who eat very little as well. We had PLENTY of food left over after feeding the four of us with 2 credits when you get 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 sides, & 2 desserts. We are planning on doing it a lot this year as well (at Mama Melrose, Whispering Canyon, Maya Grill, & Coral Reef). Disney states you can use your credits in any order you wish until they are depleted. We do it to be able to have an extra breakfast (yes, Character Breakfasts use 1 TS credit per person), go to a dinner show (2 credits), and/or have a meal on our arrival or departure day. HOWEVER, some posters on the Disboards have appointed themselves the "moral police" and will surely respond it's ethically wrong to use children's credits for adults. Disney made the DDP with wording to let you use your credits the best way for YOUR family and that's what you should do - use them the way you want to.

Another point for the "moral police" - if you are going during free dining, you haven't paid child or adult price, they are all equally free. Even more reason to use them the way you see fit. Disney is not losing money on the DDP, or they would have changed the rules and/or certainly wouldn't have offered it for free again. THEY ARE VERY AWARE PEOPLE ARE DOING THIS, AS THE SERVERS SUGGEST IT ALL THE TIME!! The restaurants (and most resorts) are booked solid because of the DDP.

They will only let YOU use her credits if you say she is an adult.

Mickey1122 said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand this comment. Who said anything about saying the child was an adult?? Anyone can use any credit, as they are all pooled together.

Mickey1122 said:

This is incorrect. Credits are purchased at 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per day for each person in the plan. The price of the purchase will be determined based on the ages of the persons that the plan is covering. Once purchased, all credits for TS, CS and Snacks are pooled and can be used as desired.

If you are at a non-buffet restaurant, then TS credits will be redeemed only for those who order. At a buffet restaurant, TS credits will be redeemed for each person who eats.

Thinktinknpixiedust said:
Ok... before anyone flames me with ethical issues please understand that I am not trying to "rip" the system off, however I would like to utilize something that we have...

We have the DDP for 5, the youngest of us will just be 3 when we get there. She does not have a very big appetite at all and would do very well to have a personal buffet from our plates (she is finicky too). I have 2 questions... if she does not order dinners and shares with us can we then use her credits for Chef Mickeys for breakfast? Is breakfast at CM considered TS?

Again... please, please don't jump to the conclusion that I am a scammer... quite honestly I am the "Jiminy Cricket" of the bunch, and that is why I am asking...

Thanks again!

1. If you're thinking of sharing at an a-la-carte place, they'll let you do that.
2. If you're thinking of sharing at a buffet, they will not let you do that with a 3 year old.
3. Using credits so saved by doing 1 above can be used at chef Mickey's. Credits are pooled. You can use them how you wish. I

Thinktinknpixiedust - Not sure if someone already answered this for you but, Chef Mickey considers breakfast a TS too and you can use the dining plan credits here too.

If you noted the child as under 9 years old then her credits will be child credits and yours will be adult credits.

She will have to use her credits for child meals with the exception of buffets.

Yes you can take her TS credits and use them for you all at Chef Mickey's...but just remember you will need to either pay OOP for her at the buffets-family style meals in order to do so. Even If you pay OPP you will still save money!

JadenLayne said:
If you noted the child as under 9 years old then her credits will be child credits and yours will be adult credits.

She will have to use her credits for child meals with the exception of buffets.

This is an incorrect statement. You will pay the child price for her credits, but the credits are pooled and can be used any way you like. It is true that if your daughter does order something, 1 of her credits will be used (whether at a buffet or not) as the wording states children must order from the children's menu. But, if she does not order anything from a non-buffet restaurant, her credit will not be used and you can use it for whomever you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter