dining plan questions...

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
How does the refillable mug work? Where do you take it and is it free to refill? Also can you still get milkshakes and smoothies this year on the plan for your drink?

How does the refillable mug work? Where do you take it and is it free to refill? Also can you still get milkshakes and smoothies this year on the plan for your drink?

Refillable mug is only good at the resort and you can fill it at the QS location which will have a self-serve drink station. It is free for your length of stay.

Most places that have them will let you have the milkshake or smoothie for your drink.

Is it just for soda or can you get juice or tea?
I was confused because when we had the plan seven years ago we got shakes and smoothies, but the dining plan 2017 brochure says soda and tea but the 2018 small print says shakes smoothies and alcohol.

I was confused because when we had the plan seven years ago we got shakes and smoothies, but the dining plan 2017 brochure says soda and tea but the 2018 small print says shakes smoothies and alcohol.

If you're referring to the refillable mug, it is only soda, tea and coffee...whatever is at the self-serve station. You can't get juice, milk shakes or smoothies in your refillable mug.

As I said earlier, most restaurants (both CS and TS) will allow you to get the milk shakes and smoothies as your drink entitlement with your meal.

Our refillable mugs got more use at home than they did at WDW. Unless your spending a lot of time at the resort.. eating lunch or dinner... they just aren't worth it.. of course if your on the DP, they come with it so there you go...

Our refillable mugs got more use at home than they did at WDW. Unless your spending a lot of time at the resort.. eating lunch or dinner... they just aren't worth it.. of course if your on the DP, they come with it so there you go...

We rarely eat at our resort, so even when we did get the DDP, the mug was more like a "free" souvenir than a part of the plan.

That is describing the drink that you get with your meal.

Right I'm not talking about dessert. We are not soda drinkers, and when we were last at WDW we were allowed smoothies or shakes with our entree instead of soft drinks.

Who said counter service? I know several restaurants had then when we were there last - Sci Fi off the top of my head was one.

Who said counter service? I know several restaurants had then when we were there last - Sci Fi off the top of my head was one.
To be fair, you didn't say counter service, but you didn't say table service, either. You did ask about using your refillable mugs for a beverage, which would only be possible at a counter service restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!