Dining Plan vs. DDE

vbarry

DIS Veteran
I received a quote today from AAA:

8 days at the BC standard view with one day tickets and the dining plan for two adults and one child Cost $3,600.00.

8 days at the BC standard view with AP is $2200.00 plus AP and DDE card
Cost $2680.00

We do eat at the sit down restaurants once a day usually and have drinks with dinner (which are not included on the plan) DD does like lots of snacks during the day we always give in since we are on vacation!!

$1000 is a lot of money. Is it worth it for the dining plan or is the AP and DDE card a better option?

To me--the AP and DDE are the better choice--especially if you are going back again within that one year frame where you can use AP and DDE again.
WE saved several hundred $$ with just one use of the DDE

If you add in your food expense to your AP rate, it will be alot less than $1000 difference.

OK, now I am confused. You quoted your room alone at $2200. Then you quoted with AP and DDE at $2680. DDE is $60. How did you get AP for 2 adults and one child for $420??????

If you will go to WDW more than once in a year (or more than 9-10 days), the AP is generally the better ticket medium. Remember that the DDE doesn't give you a discount on counter service, only sit-down meals. However, it does give you a discount on alcohol, milkshakes, etc. that aren't included with the DDP.

If you do WDW often, you might want to look into DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter