Dining Plans and Touring Plans

BillyFeat

Mouseketeer
I have been reading about ADR's and Free Dining and now I have a question to pose. Disers, do you plan your dining reservations around your touring plans? Or....do you modify your touring plans around the DDP?

How has the DDP changed the way you tour Disney World? :cool1:

:goodvibes :goodvibes

I did our touring plans and then decided on my dining. We're missing a few places I'd like to try (Kona and Tangerine Cafe) and eating CS twice at MGM which I usually avoid if I can but I'm hoping it won't be too bad. DH absolutely HATES crowds so I have to make touring plans our first priority or have a very unhappy hubby on my hands.

I agree -- I tried to schedule our touring plans first (to do EMH parks the next day, etc.) and then planned ADR's accordingly. We will be park-hopping a couple of times for ADR's, but I made them late so we'd have plenty of time to get there.

I also do my ADR's depending on where I think I will be. I figure out which parks, which order and then plan around that. We don't park hop that much as we found it takes a lot of time. We don't go for EMH but would like to try the EEH. I usually go to the park the day after EMH. We rely on WDW buses
so we are not quite as flexible. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I figure out which park we'll do each day (or water park, DTD, or whatever), and make dining plans accordingly.

parks then ADR's. We get hopper tickets tho, which gives us great flexibility if we need it.

Pam

I figure my touring plans based on Uunofficial Guide Best Days. We plan early starts vs late start days. We just can't get up early everyday -- we never go back to the room for a rest! Then we look at parade and firework schedules. Some days we eat early to catch a show, other nights we eat late after a show. We plan meals based on the park we at, such as Konas when at MK or Flying Fish after MGM. AK days are great for an out of the way place as the park closes earlier then the rest.

I checked the Best Days and planned which park and when. A couple of days we will be at a busy park, such as EPCOT on the start of the F&W festival but we have lots of time so we will not be fighting for the big attractions with the crowds. :thumbsup2

I then plan our agenda around scheduled shows as those times are set in stone and most other things can be fit in around the shows and parades. :hourglass

No early days after late nights is an iron clad rule. :banana:

Since it will be hot weather I have planned attractions, shows and meals for the hottest parts of the day so that we will miss some of the worst of the heat. :sunny:

After deciding all that I see where we are likely to be at any given time and figure out where we would like to eat.

I usually allow one down day for each week or ten day period as weather happens as do other things. :cool1: Those days can be used to catch up if we miss something on our schedule or to do other things that we have not done on any of our trips. :wizard:

We are going for an extended time (20 days) so we will have plenty of time to get to most everything we want to try, attractions and food. :love:

Everyone is different as is each trip. Do what you wanna do, it is YOUR vacation!! :lovestruc

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter