Dining question

MickeyHereWeCome!

DIS Veteran
we’re new to RC, and it’s only our second cruise ever. When eating at the restaurants, is it OK to ask for a soup AND salad, or seconds of something? I wasn’t sure if you could only get one option from each category. And is this the same for specialty restaurants, as well? I don’t want to discover extra meal charges at the end of the week:)

Also, we have the regular soda package. Do we bring our given mugs to the restaurants, or can we get glasses of soda there?

TIA

Karen

We sailed on RC a few months ago and ordered as many appetizers and entrees as we wanted without extra charge. Our servers were so kind and sweet they bought out extra dishes they thought we would like to try. We didn’t try any of the specialty restaurants or have the soda package so can’t help on that.

So yeah, order as much as you dare. If you feel guilty about ordering a second entree, see if someone at the table wants to split it.

(Eta) forgot about the soda package question. Since it’s linked to your SeaPass card, let your server know, they’ll get your pass scanned and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Order two entrees if you want. Also on lobster night tell you waiter if you want 2 lobster tails(they are not that big, maybe 3 ounces) and the steak. That will get you a surf and turf.

Do we bring our given mugs to the restaurants, or can we get glasses of soda there?

You can get glasses of soda anywhere on the ship, including all restaurants, if you present your Sea Pass card so they see you have the soda package. You will be limited to the type of soda they have on hand though. The mugs are mostly meant for the self-service Freestyle Machines which have many more options.

I had the soda package on Oasis last year and never wanted to carry the mug around. I just drink diet, so it was easy to get it from the closest bar. I don't think I even took the plastic off the mug!

They will bring you whatever you want and as much as you want. Without batting an eye. When you can't decide what entree to get, get both. Or 2 appetizers or desserts. Nobody cares except your blood glucose meter, if so equipped.

They will bring you whatever you want and as much as you want. Without batting an eye. When you can't decide what entree to get, get both. Or 2 appetizers or desserts. Nobody cares except your blood glucose meter, if so equipped.

The only time we were told No to a request like that was at Giovanni's. We wanted to try both cheese and tiramisu for dessert, but were told we could only do either sweet *or* savory. It was odd, but we were honestly stuffed anyway so we just went for the tiramisu.

The only time we were told No to a request like that was at Giovanni's. We wanted to try both cheese and tiramisu for dessert, but were told we could only do either sweet *or* savory. It was odd, but we were honestly stuffed anyway so we just went for the tiramisu.
Is that because it’s an Upcharge eatery?
Did u enjoy ur meal? Debating on that or chops...

Is that because it’s an Upcharge eatery?
Did u enjoy ur meal? Debating on that or chops...
I am honestly not sure why we couldn't also try cheese. Turns out the tiramisu was amazing, and we were already really full, so it wasn't a huge deal.

I don't think it had to do with the upcharge because at Chops they brought us every side dish and every dessert to split among our dining party. It was something like five or six desserts for four people. We definitely enjoyed the meal at both Giovanni's and Chops. Our meal Park150 was okay, but not as great as we were expecting.

We've often had waiters bring what we ordered and then an entree that no one ordered but they thought we would enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!