Dining question

WINTER

DIS Veteran
we are on our honeymoon. Will they put us at a table with families or other couples?

we are on our honeymoon. Will they put us at a table with families or other couples?

If you don't ask for your own table, then yes you will be seated with others. Call and ask for your own table, they will tell you they can't guarantee you will get one. We've always gotten our own table. First cruise we went on we didn't know we could ask for our own table. It was also our honeymoon. We shared a table with an elderly single lady. She was very nice, but it was like having a grandma with us. Lol

Call to request your private table and mention you are on your honeymoon. It will be noted on your reservation and might get you some pixie dust.

If you don't ask for your own table, then yes you will be seated with others. Call and ask for your own table, they will tell you they can't guarantee you will get one. We've always gotten our own table. First cruise we went on we didn't know we could ask for our own table. It was also our honeymoon. We shared a table with an elderly single lady. She was very nice, but it was like having a grandma with us. Lol

Just her with you two? That's weird
usually they seat single cruisers with other solos.
if I ever travel with just 1+ I'd def ask for our own table... when you're 3-5 its ok if they seat you with others as there's lots to do/talk among you but if its only a couple I'd rather just seat with my +1 as its more intimate.

Just her with you two? That's weird
usually they seat single cruisers with other solos.
if I ever travel with just 1+ I'd def ask for our own table... when you're 3-5 its ok if they seat you with others as there's lots to do/talk among you but if its only a couple I'd rather just seat with my +1 as its more intimate.

There was another married couple at our table, they only came the first night on a 7 night cruise. This was nearly 20 years ago, it was our first cruise and didn't know about asking for our own table back then.

Wife and I have done nine DCL cruises, three without kids/gkids. And, ah, it has been 56 years since our honeymoon. We leave seating to chance...most of the time, when it is just the two of us, we are seated at a table of eight. Most of the folks we meet there are friendly, have common experiences and get added to our Christmas card list. A few don't work out, not in a bad way, and they request reassigning (which you could do if things don't work out that first night). Since DCL is incorporating more shows with your meal venues, there never seems to be a dull moments while you eat...loads of fun...almost like two shows each night. Cruise on...

when son did HM on DCL they were seated at a table for 8 .. three other couples all on HM .....

We were on the Wonder for our honeymoon in 2002. They seated us with 4 other honeymooning couples. There was also another table with just honeymooners.

If being at your own table is important to you, you will have a better chance if you select the late dining option. More people request early dining, so it is harder for them to "waste" table space when they can fill up an 8 top with 4 couples.

My daughter honeymooned on the Fantasy. They were seated at a table with 2 other honey moon couples. It was perfect for them. They all shared their wedding details. They still keep in touch 4 years later and now share baby milestones with each other. They hope to reunite at a cruise or in the park someday. I strongly encourage you to list honeymooning on your reservation AND request a table for 6 or 8. They friendships we have developed on our cruises have been the best part and I am VERY shy and dreaded having tablemates my first cruise. It is only a couple hours out of the day and you can be alone the rest of the day. We learn so much about the ports, cruising and life in general from sharing with tablemates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter