• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining reservation headcount

Capo

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Our 60 day window is coming up and want to make sure im up to date on dining reservation limits. We will have a party of 11 and I remember years ago, that some restaurants would limit you to a party size of 8 or so. Do any restaurants still do this meaning we will need to get 2 dining reservations? Or should we be ok with 11 people?

Thanks!

While waiting for someone to respond, I would recommend reviewing recent threads as I know this question has come up a few times in the past few weeks. You may be able to find an answer in the first 5-10 pages here.

We have a similar situation, with a party off seven. Our TA sorted it out for us but we have two different confirmation numbers for each reservation party of four and a party of three we have made. Between Summer House, Topolinos, and Ohana. We were told to let the locations know on arrival to be seated together. This is our first time with two different families so we have never had reservations more than four before. We are there in six days. So not sure how this will all work out.

Off the top of my head, the only time I've been able to book 11 successfully is Boma.

We have the most luck with 7 and 4. Check in early when you get to the restaurant, tell them the situation, and they'll try to sit you together if possible, but at the very least they should be able to seat you close.

One other tip... Sometimes I notice that not all inventory is loaded exactly at 60 days. My last trip, Tusker House was showing unavailable for all 8 days, for every time slot, not matter what party size I tried. I knew that was impossible so I kept checking. Sure enough, at like 40 days out, Tusker House inventory was suddenly wide open.

So if there's something you can't get at first, don't give up.

I agree you are likely going to need multiple reservations with a party of 11 - get them as close together time-wise, and then ask to be seated together/near each other when you check in (plan to check in a few minutes early). Keep in mind, to get 2 ADRs at the same time on the same day, you will need 2 different people and 2 different MDE accounts to make those reservations. You personally can only hold one in your name.

Our ADR window opened up Friday, and I have a party of 6. Our Dreams travel agent handled all the reservations for us.

She targeted our Topolino's request first, and we hoped that since our desired day was the fourth day after arrival (technically day 64) we might have luck...and she did...sort of. She was able to get a late reservation (almost 10:30) but we really hoped for earlier. I gave her permission to split us up...so she went back and split the party into two and the available times really opened up. We ended up with a much better time for our plans (8:30am).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter