Dining reviews.....11/30 to 12/4 JUST ADDED PICS 12/16

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
Just got back and had a great time! Tried all new restaurants and were please with almost all of them. Checked in with the hostess 15 minutes before the reservation time and we were seated within 5 minutes. Everywhere we went people were turned away, no walkins allowed.

11/30 Dinner at Wolfgang Pucks Express in DTD. I had a cup of the Butternut Squash Soup and the Pesto Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich. The soup was out of this world but very rich and filling, three spoonfuls and I was done. The sandwich was a pulled rotisserie chicken in a pesto mayo type dressing, fresh and flavorful red tomatoes, red onion and leafy dark greens in a vinagrette dressing on a parmesan focaccia bread. Wow this was wonderful and full of flavor...so much going on that in every bite you could taste all the great flavors separately.

DH had the Caesar Salad and the Rotisserie Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. The salad was very good, crisp and cold and served on a flatbread, like a salad pizza. The chick was huge, tasty and the skin was crispy. There was a huge serving of potatoes with butter, they were very good.

The portions are so huge and we did share with each other...too much food but so worth it!

100_0577.jpg

100_0578.jpg

100_0579.jpg

Ghiradelli's: we shared a frozen Mocha Coffee...too strong and bitter...yuck!

12/1 Breakfast at Crystal Palace 8:30. This was our first time for breakfast and were looking forward to it. The fruit was so flavorful and ripe we had a huge plate of it., the watermelon and strawberries were the best. The bacon was crisp, the sausage was not greasy at all, the eggs were so creamy and fluffy, the puffed french toast was a nice treat, the breakfast lasagne was ok, DH did not care for it, very good biscuits and gravy, the coffee cake was dried out and hard but the cinnamon donut holes more than made up for it. Nice fresh and strong coffee. In our opinion this is the best breakfast and we will for sure be back.

We were so full from our great breakfast that we had a snack at the Roaring Forks around 1:30. DH had the pizza, just ok. I had the cheeseburger and again it was just ok. To us they are like frozen items and the taste the same throughout WDW.

100_0599.jpg

100_0600.jpg

We were supposed to have dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe but were too full so we headed over to the MVMCP instead. We had a late dinner at PecoBills. DH got the kids Sloppy Joe plate with fries and grapes...just enough for him. I had the Chicken Wrap with carrots and man was it good. The salad was cold and crisp and it was so huge I could only eat half of it.

12/2 Breakfast at Kona. LOVE this place...will eat there again next trip. We shared a fruit bowl, the best pineapple ever! You could tell they put the fruit bowl together when ordered because the pineapple acidy taste was not on the other fruits...you know when you make a fruit salad with fresh pineapple everything can take over that taste? Not so with this large bowl of fruit. We also shared 2 pressed pots of coffee, wow this was wonderful and kept us energized all day. DH had the Tonga Toast with bacon, one mouthful and he said this was a must from now on. It was not too sweet, it was just right and I made sure I got more than one bite! The bacon was crisp and cooked perfectly. I had the Eggs Benedict with Potatoes. The eggs were cooked perfect, the muffin was toasted and not soggy. There were plenty of potatoes which I shared with DH, they were also very flavorful.

100_0627.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0630.jpg

100_0631.jpg

At Epcot we went to Chinaand shared an order of Egg Rolls (delicious) and Beef Fried Rice (better than I thought it would be, big portion and very tasty) and a few Lotus Blossom Peach Oolong Ice Teas, these are so good and refreshing we each had 2! DH wanted to get a slice of pizza from the Spoodles take out window, he fell in love with it 2 years ago. This time there was way too much sauce and the crust was soggy...big disappointment for him.

100_0637.jpg

100_0636-1.jpg

100_0635.jpg

100_0646.jpg

Dinner was the highlight of the trip...Le Cellier. I have been trying to get in for a while and have had the reservation booked for 6 months...we were dying for this! DH had the Cheddar Cheese soup and loved it, wiped the cup clean with hot pretzel sticks! He had the Maple BBQ Filet with Cream Cheese Mashed Potates and an order or Sauteed Wild Mushrooms. The filet was cooked perfectly, very flavorful and the sauce complemented the filet very well. The potatoes were creamy and smooth, the mushrooms were wonderful and came in a very large portions. I had the Mushroom Filet with Risotto and loved it! The filet was cooked perfectly and I loved the fried parsnips as the garnish, they were delicious. I also ordered the Bernaise Sauce and that was a great addition to the flavor of the filet. Thank goodness our waitress brought hot fresh pretzel bread to us, it was amazing! This a must for every trip!

100_0660.jpg

100_0661.jpg

100_0662.jpg

100_0663.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0666-1.jpg

12/3 Breakfast at Donald's Breakfastorous in AK. This was wonderful too! 3 different Krispy Kreme donuts on a buffet? What more can you want? Glazed, sprinkled and chocolate frosted, bagels, wonderful cinnamon bun french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon was perfect, fruit was great, the OJ was the best, nice and cold and pulpy, basically everything was wonderful except I did not like the flavor of the potatoes. Great coffee, hot, fresh and strong. We will do this one again for sure.

100_0667.jpg

100_0668.jpg

100_0669.jpg

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for your reviews. I'm sorry you didn't like 1900 Park Fare. I've never been there for breakfast, but the dinner buffet was great. I'm veggie and I found plenty to eat. The mushroom ravioli were delicious. We'll go back for dinner in August.

Great reviews, youhave me excited about Le Cellier - I didn't realize they had bernaise sauce available, I might try that instead of the maple glaze.

Thanks for writing all that up, Wolfgang's express sounded great!

Thanks for the reviews. We'll be doing CP breakfast next trip for the first time. We've always loved lunch there, and it sounds like breakfast may be even better!

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews. I'm a little disappointed by your review of the bread salad at Mama Melrose. DH and I were planning to split it at our lunch we have planned there. Doesn't sound like much "bread". :rolleyes:

swankybeth said:
Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews. I'm a little disappointed by your review of the bread salad at Mama Melrose. DH and I were planning to split it at our lunch we have planned there. Doesn't sound like much "bread". :rolleyes:

That is what I was expecting too! I laughed when they brought it out to me! 2 small hard croutons.....

We popped over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a snack at Maraand shared a Fried Shimp Plate, very greasy batter and mushy shrimp. We also had the famous Zebra Domes. Light white cake with a creamy mocha mousse topped with a light white chocolate glaze and chocolate sprinkles, so glad I got to try this talked about treat.

100_0679.jpg

100_0678.jpg

Dinner was at Mama Melrose...not going back to this one again. The waitress never brought us any bread...oh well, left room for a gingerbread cookie later. DH had the calamari, way too much breading and overly seasoned. He had the Chicken Parmesan and said it was ok, nothing fabulous or outstanding about it but it wasn't bad. I had the Toasted Bread Salad...what a joke...2 small croutons! It was a very good sized salad of spicy arugula, tomatoes and red onion in a tangy vinagrette dressing. I had the Eggpland Napoleon and it was eh...the cannelini bean ragu was blah, no flavoring and the beans were not cooked. There was a layer of eggplant, one of mozzarella cheese and one tomato...there was 3 layers of each. No flavor, no taste just plain blah.

100_0702.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0704.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0706.jpg

12/4 Breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. Not going back to this one either. The noise level in this place is insane, way too loud. This was the busiest breakfast by far and they only had one omelet station open. It was a bit chaotic because in the other buffets the food was the same on both sides of the station. At this one there was different food all over the place. The bagels, english muffins and breads were very dry and hard. The rice krispy squares were stale. The bread pudding was very good and the strawberry soup was delicious...cold and very refreshing. The fruit was horrible...it was obviously in the refrigerator with other foods and tasted like onions...just plain awful. The bacon was overcooked, the sausage gravy was too salty, the biscuits pasty, the eggs were good and the sauage links were good. The grapefruit juice was like Ocean Spray or something, too sweet and no pulp. The coffee was nice and strong, very fresh.

100_0732.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0735.jpg

With all of this food we did not snack much at all. One or two pretzels, a Toll House Cookie, a bucket of Caramel Corn...no school bread or Kakigori this trip

Thanks for adding the photos! They are great!!

Look forward to reading more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter