Dining Reviews 9/2-9/10

kaysmommie

DIS Veteran
We just back on sunday. The cast is me DW :tink: 33, DH pirate: 32, DD6 princess: and DS2 :earsboy: . WE had alot of good food, I gained almost 2lbs. :rolleyes1 I'll start with Table Service.

CHEF MICKEY's- for our first night dinner. We loved it and it was our first time eating here after many trips to Disney. Kids had a ball with the characters.
Food-A
Service-A

KONA- Dinner, the food was good service could have been better, wiatress was a grump. Desserts were the best!!!!
Food-A-
Service-C+

AKERSHUS NORWAY-Princess Breakfast was excellent! The food and the characters were great.
Food-A
Service-A

WHISPERING CANYON CAFE- good as always. Servive was great. DD had a blast and the antics were alot of fun. Also they still had the pony races for the kids.
Food-A
Service-A

'OHANA- Was not as good as last 2 times since they changed the menu. I lkied the cheesy rice better than those potatoes. DH spent some time in the bathroom after this meal. Also meat was on the dry side. DD had fun doing the Hula. Dessert was good. Missed the pinnapple and Carmel at the end though.
Food-C+
Service-A

CALIFORNIA GRILL- This was our night out without the kids, we have a family member that lives nearby so we got CS for them at the Poly. We had and excellent table overlooking Maig Kingdom and the castle. We went outside to see wishes because they did not Dim the lights and you could hardly hear the music. Dessert was not my favorite. I had the Chocolate Rasberry cake and DH had the Banana custard thing, I can't remember what it's called.
Food- A
Service-A

CINDERELLA"S ROYAL TABLE- DD really wanted to eat here so I booked breakfast. It was way overpriced but very nice atmosphere for the little girls. The picture pkg. came out good and DD got a wand and DS got a sword that broke in 5 seconds. Also they gave all the kids wishing stars that blink. The princesses come around rather but the food is excellent.
Food- A
Service-B

CRYSTAL PALACE- Dinner, rather dissapointing. It was overcrowded the night we went. The food was decent but the characters were very rushed by a rude CM. If it wasn't one of our free dining meals I would be very annoyed with it. The service was not good either.
Food-C+
Service-C-

Now onto Counter service. Some of these were pretty good.
COSMIC RAY"S- we ate here twice one time had burgers and fries and the other the chicken dinners which were very good for CS.
Food-B
Service-B

SUNSHINE SEASONS- they had so many choices which was nice.
Food-B+
Service-A

THE MARA AT AKL- very nice food court and food was excellent and the service and I got to try Zebra Domes which were heaven.
Food-A+
Service-A+

PIZZA PLANET- we ordered the pizza and salad combo's and they were decent. I have heard alot of bad reviews but we had limited time at MGM so it had to be CS that day.
Food-B-
Service-B

MAIN ST. BAKERY- we got some desserts here that were really good, especially the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich.
Food- A -was only dessert though
Service-A

CAPTAIN COOKS at the temporary location at poly- We ate here twice and it was fine. did miss the mugs though.
Food-A
Service-B

Well that concludes my reviews, I might try to add a few photos later.

thanks for the reviews! love the picture!

we are going in a couple of weeks. What did you get at Kona and at CG (we are also making it our only "parents night out" meal of the trip!)

llqool said:
thanks for the reviews! love the picture!

we are going in a couple of weeks. What did you get at Kona and at CG (we are also making it our only "parents night out" meal of the trip!)
At Kona Dh got the staek teriyaki which was excellent and I got the medallions of filet mignon which was good too. The dessert was a chocolate torte, looks like a volcano and is the best! You must get this one. The kids just got kids meals and the kiddie cone for dessert which was rather tasty too.
At CG DH and I got the Oak fired beef which was excellent. The potaotes were good too that came with it. The desserts were good too. DH had a banana custard of some sort ( I have a picture of it which I'll post later) and I got the chocoalte rasberry cake with rasberry ice cream, which is there signature dessert. We had a nice time there without the kids. DS 2 doesn't sit that long. Have a good time.

Thanks for the reviews! We'll be going in January with my 4 year old niece (& her parents, Thank goodness!) It's been a long time since we've been with a little one! I'm having a hard time convincing my DH to do 2 Princess Meals!So, if you had to choose one of the Princess Dining Meals which would it be? We'll be staying at the Beach Club, so Akershus would be so easy for breakfast. But the meals at the Cinderella's Royal Table go so quickly I wondering if it would be a mistake to miss it. :confused3

OP--You said your kids had kid's meals and got the kiddie cone for dessert. Were you on the dining plan? I've heard reports that the kids can't get the kiddie cone with their child dining credit. I'd love to be able to get it for my girls when we go if it's available.

jkmmah said:
OP--You said your kids had kid's meals and got the kiddie cone for dessert. Were you on the dining plan? I've heard reports that the kids can't get the kiddie cone with their child dining credit. I'd love to be able to get it for my girls when we go if it's available.

I was wondering the same thing? I did notice that you said that you were on the dining program and wondered if they are still on the menu under the childrens meals?

Thanks for the great reviews!

kaysmommie said:
'OHANA- Was not as good as last 2 times since they changed the menu. I lkied the cheesy rice better than those potatoes. DH spent some time in the bathroom after this meal. Also meat was on the dry side. DD had fun doing the Hula. Dessert was good. Missed the pinnapple and Carmel at the end though.
Food-C+
Service-A

I didnt even know that they changed it to cheese rice! Sounds like it might be good?! :confused3 I had dry meat there when I went :sad2: but I am hoping that maybe if I ask for it done medium (which I have seen referanced here on the DIS) that maybe that might help?!

Thanks for the reviews!

jkmmah said:
They can let you get it if they want to. DD really wanted it so the waitress gave it to her the DDP. I guess if you ask really nice they might give you the Kiddie cone. Otherwise it was Jello or a brownie sundae which also looked good. It is not listed on the kids menu but they still had it at the dessert bar.

SassyLassy said:
I didnt even know that they changed it to cheese rice! Sounds like it might be good?! :confused3 I had dry meat there when I went :sad2: but I am hoping that maybe if I ask for it done medium (which I have seen referanced here on the DIS) that maybe that might help?!

Thanks for the reviews!
They used to have cheesy rice now they have scallop potatoes which we didn't like at all. I never thought of asking for it medium, thanks for the tip. They were quite stingy with the steak too. The waitress tried to give me only one piece :rolleyes1 . We don't eat seafood so we passed on the shrimp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter