dining reviews 9/2-9/6

num1tigerfan

Mouseketeer
We have been busy since returning from our trip so I am just getting around to posting.

Our group consisted of me 37 and DH 41 on our anniversary trip to Coronado Springs.

Day 1 arrive at MCO 11:39 am. Within 30 minutes we are on our way by ME and an hour and 15 minutes later checking in. Our room was not ready so we decide to check out the Pepper Market. DH and I decide on chinese. I had the sampler platter and DH had the shrimp special of the day. They were both edible but not good. Mine had pea pods that were so mushy they were like cooked spinach. We ate it but were disapointed. We did choose a muffin for our desert though and saved it for next day breakfast.

Mayan Grill for dinner. We had 8 pm ADR and didn't have to wait. We had told them we were celebrating our 2nd honeymoon but nothing special was done. DH had the seafood margarita and I had the seasonal salad. Both appetizers were not good. My salad dressing was supposed to be citrus vinagrette but was bland without flavor (tasted like oil) and the salad had mushy tomatoes. DH said his seafood margarita was bland and the seafood was not good. For entrees DH had the rack of lamb and I had the mixed grill. These were both good, but we had such bad appetizers to start out with, we were just not into it. We ordered our deserts to go and ate later in our room. I had a rasberry chocolate cake and DH had some type of custard. They were both good.

Day 2 : We ate our leftover muffins for breakfast with coffee in our room. For lunch we thought we'd try the Pepper Market again. This time I had the fajita platter and DH had pasta. They were both great and huge portions.
We did some shopping at DD then headed over to boardwalk to the ESPN club for dinner. DH had the nacho platter, and I had the hot wings. For entrees DH and I both had the burger platters, and we got key lime pie and apple brown betty to go for our deserts. They do not take any reservations but even with Labor day weekend we only waited about 15 minutes at 7 pm. They food was tasty and the atmosphere was great. We love this place!

Day 3 : Epcot. For lunch we decided to try counter service in Mexico. I had the chicken taco salad and DH had the burrito platter. This food was absolutely disgusting. I ate some but had to throw most away. DH ate his but was not thrilled. Taco bell tastes like a 4 star in comparison to this. For snacks oop we went to France and had the chocolate croussaint, peach fruit tart, expresso, and latte. All were good.
For dinner we ate at Alfredo's. We had 7:30 ADR's and had to wait about 10 minutes. The food was good but the serive was really lacking. We asked for more water and bread several times and didn't get refills on either. DH had the ceasar salad and I had the fettucini appetizer. Both were great. The fettucini is different than normal though. More like cheese and noodles instead of garlic cream sauce. I had the triticco de pasta and DH had Tagliolini Alla Vodka con Gamberoni. Both were good. I had the tiramisu and DH had a sorbet or something like that. Both were good but we were too full to finish. I am not for sure if we would eat here again due to the poor service. Also we were offered a half bottle of house wine. We thought we'd try it since wine was 7.50 a glass. The 1/2 bottle had about 3 1/2 "small" glasses of wine and was $32. It would have been cheaper to just order 4 glasses which we thought was a bit silly.

Day 4: MGM
for lunch we ate at the backlot express. I had a burger platter and DH had the grilled turkey and cheese platter. Both were very good. For desert I had the choc cake and DH had the strawberry parfait. We ate both later as a snack and both were good.
The only ADR's were either early or late and we didn't want to give up our time at the park so we decided at the spur of the moment to trade in a TS for a counter service and 2 snacks at the catalina Eddies. I know GASP GASP....but the food was hot, fresh, and tasty. We both had the pepperoni pizza, salad, and apple crisp. All were good and the salad was better than the one at the MAYA Grill!!! :rotfl:

We used most of our snack credits in the gift shop at our hotel for ship and dale snacks to take home to the kids! We were told anything under $4 would be allowed. :goodvibes

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. We will be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time in Dec. DH and I tried the CS in Mexico last year (read a lot of great reviews here on the Dis) and I agree with you, it was bad. We're used to awesome mexican food where we live and taco bell would have been better than that!

Thanks for the reviews! We also would never return to the CS at Mexico in Epcot......UCK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter