Dining Reviews Aug.19-26

barry21

Earning My Ears
Let me set the cast: All on Dining Plan
Me 46 The Trip Planner
DW 43 Nanc
DD 14 Court
DD 12 Linn[/FONT]
Day 1 eat breakfast at hotel(glad van driver waited for us to eat). Land in Orlando we will wait to eat til we get to Disney(big mistake). After much running around getting checked in and getting rental car(our problems with Disney transportaiton hvae started) we eat lunch at 3:30 at All Star Sports Food Court. Me Double Bacon Cheeseburger/ fries, DW Chicken dinner, Court & Linn Chicken Strips/fries. All meals were very good. Total bill around $50. After running around all day and night at Midnight we are looking for a snack we go to McDonald's.Then to bed. Sunday Magic Kingdom, Pacos Bills and the Crystal Palace

Day 2
Today we will spend the entire day at Magic Kingdom. Our meals are lunch at Pecos Bills and dinner at The Crystal Palace. We order 2 Bacon Double Cheeseburgers and fries and 2 Cheeseburgers and fries. 4 Peanutbutter brownies and 4 lg drinks. Burgers were very good as were the brownies although none of us finished either. Fries had too much salt on them. Bill would have been $49. We have 5:00 ADR's for the Crystal Palace. We arrive around 4:30 and get in line to check in. The 3 parties in front of me all have trouble with their res. I check in with no problems and we are seated within 5 minutes. We have been here in the past, but each time for lunch. We have always enjoyed this place, but not this time. I enjoyed the beef, chicken alfrado and salad DW picked through the mac and cheese and chicken fingers as did the kids. Potatoes and veggies were terriable. Desserts were good. The kids both like Pooh and friends and our table was in a good position for interaction with the characters. Bill would have been $140. We won't be back here.

Next a day at MGM Hollywood &Vine another buffet I am worried now.

Day 3 Hollywood&Vine

We spent the morning at the outlets and ate at the food courts there. The evening was spent at MGM and dinner at Hollywood & Vine with the Fantasmic package. Our ADR’s were for 6:30. Dh and Court need to go back to the room at 5:00 no problem right Not. It takes over 1 hour to get back to OKW. I wait to 6:25 to check in the good news they are running 30 minutes behind. They get back at 6:45 we are seated at 6:50. They offer frozen drinks to start with Linn and I have the sour apple and others have the Strawberry. Both of drinks are great. I finish both apples (what a brain freeze). Food was very good Flank steak, chicken and salmon were all good. I liked the pasta DW did not. Kids liked the kids bar. DW and Court sampled each one of the desserts. I liked the deserts although they ruined the berry pie by putting strawberries in it. Service was a bit slow refilling drinks and taking used plates off the table. We finished looked in a few shops and took the long walk up to the show. Check would have been $134.

Up next Typhoon Tillys and Hoop De Doo

Day 4 Hoop -Dee- Doo

Today we spent the morning returning our rental car and waiting on another bus to get to Typhoon Lagoon. We had planed to eat early at Typhoon Tillys. We arrived at 11 to eat but they are not opened yet, a CM is sitting at the register, he says they will open at 11:30. We spend some more time in the wave pool. We order a fish basket, 2 chicken strip baskets and a Hot Dog Basket. This was a very good lunch Hot Dog was huge and fish was very good. Best thing is they gave you tokens for the dessert that can be used later. Before we leave for the day we get 2 Mickey bars and 2 Mickey ice cream sandwiches. We return to OKW to get ready for the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Our ADR’s are for the 7:15 show. At the desk they tell me that the best way to get to the show is to bus to DTD and catch a bus to the Campground. We leave early and go open some time at Disney Quest. I get hungry while waiting and go upstairs and get a piece of pizza at the Food area . I wasn’t expecting much but it was a very good slice of pizza. We then go get on the bus to WL and Campground. This bus goes to Typhoon Lagoon to pick up and I think I see a sign that says that the Campground uses another bus but we stay on this bus. Sure enough the bus goes right by the Campground. Right now I am getting worried that we will miss this show. Another family was on the same bus as us and are worried to. I check at the stop and a bus runs to the Campground from there. It comes in a few minutes and we arrive in time. Court has been complaining about this show for weeks, she is very picky and doesn’t think she will get $50 worth of chicken (the only thing on the menu that she likes and the show will be dumb) I make her go. We are seated up front right by the piano. Cornbread and salad are gone in minutes. Chicken and ribs are very good as is the corn, we all didn’t care for the beans. I don’t care for Strawberries but everyone else likes the dessert. By the way Court loved the show as did all of us (it was our first time to HDDR) Now the problem with the evening starts. They charge my credit card and not my dinning plan. It takes 2 days to straighten out.

Up next Ohana’s

Day 5 Tusker House and Ohana’s

Had lunch at Tusker House today Me and DW had Rotisserie Chicken and mashed potatoes. Kids had Fried chicken sandwiches and fries. Both were very good but again the mashed potatoes were not that good. We had chocolate cake, carrot cake and 2 cheese cakes . All very good. Again some wasted food. Tonight Ohana’s. Arrived at 7:00 for 7:15 ADR checked in wait time was to be 15 minutes. Wife and kids go to gift shop and I order a $15 dollar Lapu Lapu. Drink was very good. We were seated about 7:30. Our cousins were very quite but did a good job. Took drink orders. Wantons and salad came at the same time as did the drinks. I liked the dips cant remember the names but the orange one was the best. Salad was good but not enough dressing I ask for more when the shrimp and wings come. Wings and shrimp were good. Potatoes and veggies as well as extra dressing come now. No on likes the veggies wife and myself love the potatoes. By this time both kids have not liked anything that have hit the table and dad is looking bad. The kids go to the coconut races and I ask cousin if they can have kids meals. Sure he says, dad is saved . Court has decided that the wings are good so we order more shrimp and wings. Meat is now coming. Steak ad turkey are first Both very good wife likes the turkey best I am a steak man. Kids meals come they are satisfied. Pork and sausage come next. Sausage is dry and burned, pork is good. We get more steak and pork, I give sausage one more try but just as bad. Dessert comes next and everyone likes but are to full to eat it all. This is our first visit to Ohana’s and we really enjoyed the meal. I think I would have liked the old menu better. Service was very good and we didn’t feel rushed. I would like to have the potatoes and veggies served with the meat. We use our dining credits. Cost would have been $139.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter