• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining reviews - Day 2 - Pecos Bills and Wolfgang Puck Cafe

vasoccermom

Mouseketeer
Pecos Bills (lunch) - although Columbia Harbor house was sounding good, I know my kids were in the mood for a good burger so Pecos Bills it was. We all got either hamburgers or cheeseburgers and we hit the condiment bar to personalize our creations! Not much more to say...
Rating: B

Aloha Isle: after reading so much about the Dole whips I had to stop for one as an afternoon snack. It was pretty good but since it was raining pretty hard, I don't think it was as refreshing as it would have been if it was 90 degrees out! My biggest disappointment was that although they had an ingredient listing, they did not have a nutrition chart breaking down the calories/fat/carbs etc. Now I can understand that might be a tough order at a full service restaurant but at a place that specializes in one particular item, I had really hoped to be able to get the carb count to see if diabetic DD could have one without raising her blood/sugar tremendously. Unfortunately, she had to pass since no one had this info available.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe DTD (dinner) - decided to head to DTD for dinner without a PS. We called and they said there was only about a 10 minute wait but they didn't take PS. Well, we waited for a bus from AKL to DTD for 15 minutes and then for some reason, the busride took almost 30 minutes to get to DTD. By the time we got to Puck's it was 6:20 and we were told there'd be a 35 minute wait to be seated. When I told them about DD having to eat within a certain time frame, they offered to seat us at the appetizer bar where we could watch the apps being prepared in front of us. That was fine so we got seated there immediately. The kids shared a margharita pizza which they loved and DH and I shared the sushi special (some spicy tuna roll w/shrimp, tuna and chili sauce on top) and the spicy garlic chicken pizza. Both were wonderful, fresh and full of flavor!
The service was also efficient and friendly!
Rating: A-

Coming up next: Day 3 - Backlot Express and Jiko

We enjoy WPCafe too although we find it more peaceful at lunch. Glad they accomodated your DDs needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter