• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Rotation confusion on the Magic! Please clear it up.

kamgen

DIS Veteran
I need some info from some recent cruisers on the Magic, or anyone else who might know.
I have seen conflicting information on a variety of websites, so I am coming here for info!
From what I saw, the 7night Eastern dining rotation has Formal night on Thursday now. Some websites list it on Sunday. I was under the assumption that the dining was rotation for the first 3 nights and then it went into the other menus.

Could someone help with this??

Barb & Tony's site has formal night on Thursday, while DCL Dave's site has it on Sunday. Which is correct? We cruise in October.

Thanks!!!

They're actually both right. On Sunday and Thursday, they have "Formal" and "Semi-Formal" nights on the eastern trip. I believe they now call Thursday "semi-formal," but that has changed from time to time. I actually don't notice a lot of difference in dress between the two.

The eastern dining themes look like this:

Saturday - Rotation theme (i.e. Lumière's, Animator's, Parrot Cay)
Sunday - Formal
Monday - Rotation theme
Tuesday - Tropicalifragilistic
Wednesday - Rotation theme
Thursday - Semi-Formal
Friday - "Best of" menu, which used to be called "Small World," I think (basically an international menu)

I believe you have the Animator's Palate show on the first non-themed night only, so you'd see it on Saturday night if you have the APL rotation, Monday with PLA, and Wednesday with LAP.

I appreciate your reply!!
The most current info that castawayclub.com has says that Formal night on the Eastern is now Thursday and semi formal is now Sunday...having all three rotation dinners in a row....
I am curious if this is correct, or the way you have it.

From what I recall, a change was recently made so I am unsure! I sure hope Formal night is Thursday. :)

I just got off the last Eastern Magic that sailed. 8/16. And the above information is 100% correct.

I'm with you Kamgen, totally confused!

If you look at the webshots photo:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/52061656/70619159vOgOUi

you see the Lloyd Dobler version (except for the semi-formal/formal swap, but the menus look correct)

If you look at recent navigators at Barb's site www.castawayclub.com (April '03 Eastern)
Sunday: semi-formal, "rotation" dinner (restaurant menu) so the Master Chef (from the webshots photo) is gone?
and
you see semi-formal on Sunday, formal on Thursday (Captain's Gala)

Does anyone know for sure?

I just got off the last Eastern Magic that sailed. 8/16. And the above information is 100% correct.

Awesome! Now, can you tell us the theme dinners on Sunday/Thursday? I believe Sunday is Captain's Gala, but what about Thursday?

THANK YOU!!

I haven't cruised on the Magic in a good six months, so my information (which was mostly from memory) could be dated. My experience has been that on formal and semi-formal nights, everyone eats the same menu, but that could have changed. I do still feel that there's virtually no difference (in dress, at least) between formal and semi, so it doesn't really matter which night is which.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!!!!
Barb & Tony's site looks good and I think it is correct.... it states:

Sat- casual rotation
Sun- semiformal rotation
Mon- casual rotation
Tues- Tropical Night
Wed- Casual around the world
Thurs- Formal Capt Gala
Fri- Casual Master Chefs

I hope this is correct!!! :)

Markey- let me know what you find at home!

we were on July 26, 2003 eastern (almost 1 month ago). Lloyd Dobler is correct in his listings--the way he described is how it happened on our cruise.

Formal nite was Sunday
Semiformal was Thursday (I am absolutely certain it was this way for us)

Thursday was also the nite they served lobster (if you chose this for your main course). I even had to change my Palo ressie when I found out about that! Good luck.

ok - This is from our navigators from the 8/9 Magic which we just returned from.

Saturday - Casual, Evening Rotational Dining Menu
Sunday - Formal, Evening Rotational Dining Menu
Monday - Casual, Evening Rotational Menu
Tuesday - Tropical Attire, Tropicalifragilisticepialidocious Dining Menu
Wednesday - Casual, "It's a Small World" Dining Menu
Thursday - Semi-formal, "Captain's Gala" Dining Menu (Lobster)
Friday - Casual, No special dining name listed in navigator, however the menus were from the different places of Disney, Palo and WDW.

Unless they change week to week, this is the schedule for the dining rooms now on the Magic..

The webshots links are the dining charts I created. If the nights have indeed changed I will update them. When we sailed in May the charts were correct. I do believe Disney changes things around sometimes.

So, you are saying that now the Formal night is Sunday and Semi Formal is on Thursday...on the Eastern?

Also, please list the correct menu nights if the chart is incorrect.

Thanks.

MJ

What I listed in the previous post was right from the Aug 9-16 navigators. The only thing not listed was the theme night for Friday, which was not listed in the naviagtor, but it was the menu from the different chefs of WDW and Palo. Do not know how often they change but this is what we had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter