Dining TDR Outside Parks

Greetings from Tokyo— we’re going to get to the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay early enough for dinner this Thursday and I realized I forgot to book anything in advance).

Can anybody recommend a restaurant in one of the Disney hotels or Ikspiari that takes walk ins or might be available to book less than a week in advance? Is TDR like WDW in that people will drop reservations (or they will become available) the day/week or? With the exchange rate being so favorable, I’d even consider the evening pass to one of the parks.

Most places in the area will have walk ins available but waits can be up to 1.5 hours.

I haven't been overly impressed with food at the Disneyland Hotel and you have to be a hotel guest to go into the Toy Story Hotel. I've never eaten at MiraCosta so I can't comment on that.

Food in Ikspiari is a tad expensive compared to similar restaurants in Tokyo proper. I would probably recommend the shabu shabu place, the sukiyaki place and the tonkatsu place in the back. Otherwise, the 1st floor has some more budget friendly things. There's also a few Western options like Outback Steakhouse if you want.

Foreigners also have an obsession with Ippudo. To me, it feels a bit like the equivalent of recommending Burger King when someone visits the US but I guess foreigners like Ippudo because going to a more local ramen place can be a bit intimidating if they can't read Japanese.

If you plan to go into the parks, I think Ristorante di Canaletto in Disneysea is worth doing. It's an Italian place where you can do patio seating to watch the venetian gondolas or indoor seating which has an open feel.

Ippudo is great, as are:
Chibo Okonomiyaki; and
Tonkatsu Wako.

All in Ikspiari. I was there in May and didn’t wait for more than 20 minutes at any of these place around 5pm.

LOL...one of our favorite experiences was Ippudo in Ikspiari. Perhaps it was because it was our first night in Japan, but we thought it was delicious and so inexpensive compared to restaurants in California!

We waited in line for a bit but it was worth it (just know that the lower level of spicy is REALLY spicy)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter