Dinner Review: Sebastian's Bistro at Caribbean Beach

TreAntDeu

Mouseketeer
sebastians-bistro-exterior-render-16x9.jpg

On our most recent trip we decided to try out a few new restaurants that we had not been to before. One of these was Sebastian's Bistro at the Caribbean Beach resort. I personally was excited to get a look at the construction of the new Riviera resort as well.

Our dinner was at 8:00 p.m. on March 18th. We were a group of 4 adults. We arrived about 10 minutes early and gave the hostess our phone number to text us when the table was ready. While we were waiting we decided to walk around outside and look at the construction of the new resort across the water. We are really excited to check it out once it opens. About 5 minutes after 8:00 p.m. we received the text that our table was ready. We were happy we did not wait to long.

Our waiter was very charismatic and seemed very proud that he worked at this restaurant. I mean this in a good way. He gave us some recommendations and took our drink order and then was promptly back with waters for all of us along with a cocktail that I ordered.

I ordered the Mariners Mojito from their specially cocktail menu. I have to tell you, this was one of the most delicious mojitos I have ever had. This thing was sinfully good and they were generous on the pour as well!

For appetizers, our table decided to share the Jamaican Meat Pies, the Crab Cake and the Grilled Jerk chicken wings.

We all agreed that the Jamaican meat pies were nothing special. They were dry and seem to be lacking filling. However, this was the only disappointing thing we had all night.

I am not personally a big crab cake lover, probably because I am allergic to shellfish o_O, however everyone else at the table who shared it said it was one of the best crab cakes they had ever had on Disney property.

The Grilled Jerk Chicken wings were also another stand out among the table. These were delicious. I could have eaten 10 pounds of these chicken wings they were so good. They were spicy but not overwhelming and the cooling Lime Crema sauce that they came with was also delicious.

Now we get to the entrees...

One member of the party ordered the slow cooked pork shoulder. They had nothing but positive things to say, it was flavorful, tender, and juicy. It was served with black beans, cilantro lime rice, corn tortillas, and mojo sauce. They really loved the black beans that came with this. But everything was good.

Another person in our party got the sustainable fish. It comes with mashed plantains and escovitch sauce. The sustainable fish that day was a red snapper. The person who ordered this said it was very good. It was cooked well and they particularly enjoyed the mashed plantains.

Another person in our party is not the most adventurous eater and they were sort of struggling to find something to order off the menu that was different then what anyone else had ordered but still safe for them. It wasn't really a huge issue but they were nervous about things being spicy. Anyway, they ended up ordering the grilled skirt steak chimichurri with crispy yuca. I actually tried this one. I have to tell you, I was blown away by how good this steak was. Now it wasn't better than Jiko or some other signature restaurants steak but it was cooked to a perfect medium rare and the chimichurri sauce was delicious. The crispy yuca was essentially just delicious home fries. This was really good steak and potatoes at its core. And for $28, I can't really beat that value for that quality on Disney property when it comes to steak.

The final entree that we ordered was my choice. I got the Caribbean Goat Curry. I am a very adventurous eater and I enjoy things like wild game or things that have a gamey flavor. I love lamb and I also love venison, elk, bison, kangaroo, and any other kind of exotic meat that I can try. So when I ordered this, I was expecting it to be gamey and I was looking forward to it. However, myself and the entire table were blown away by how good this was. There was not an ounce of gamey in this dish. It was the most succulent and delicious thing on the table. It was so good. I cannot recommend this enough. It came with cilantro lime rice, lime crema, and crispy yuca chips. If you are an adventurous eater, I would make the trip to this restaurant just for this dish.

We only decided to order dessert because we loved the food so much.

For dessert the table decided to share the warm chocolate pudding, which is basically a chocolate lava cake. It was very good but not really unique.

We also got the Banofee tart, which was a banana custard tart with chocolate ganache and Carmel sauce. It was very good.

The favorite dessert at the table though was the "message in a bottle." This was a wine bottle that was cut in half and turned into a glass. It was filled with coconut rice panna cotta, pineapple, and a mango lime sorbet. It tasted really good, but if you don't like super fruit forward dessert then you are going to hate this. We also loved it because of how fun the plating was.

Our bill with Tables in Wonderland was just barely under 200 dollars. Around 197 i think. We all felt more than comfortable with that given how much we ordered and how good it was. We were stuffed.

Coming out of this meal, I think everyone at the table ended up enjoying themselves far more than they expected to when we went in. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Last edited:
I agree with the previous poster, this is the first review I have read about this place and now I am intrigued. Thanks!

I want to visit here so badly but the logistics are proving to be more than I want to deal with. We’d be at MK and thus take a bus over for a 6 PM dinner. We’d then have to take a bus to a park or Disney Springs and then a bus (or boat or walk, from DS) to SSR. That could be 2 hours of travel time back to the room, with a sleeping toddler in tow. I know we could use rideshare (a car seat is what now, an added 10$ 15$?) but we are trying to only use Disney transportation on this trip.

I guess what Im getting at (the long way) is that with reviews being this good, maybe I should re-think skipping it over on account of pesky logistics :scratchin

I want to visit here so badly but the logistics are proving to be more than I want to deal with. We’d be at MK and thus take a bus over for a 6 PM dinner. We’d then have to take a bus to a park or Disney Springs and then a bus (or boat or walk, from DS) to SSR. That could be 2 hours of travel time back to the room, with a sleeping toddler in tow. I know we could use rideshare (a car seat is what now, an added 10$ 15$?) but we are trying to only use Disney transportation on this trip.

I guess what Im getting at (the long way) is that with reviews being this good, maybe I should re-think skipping it over on account of pesky logistics :scratchin

It is really good. But not worth a potential 2 hour travel time back. In your scenario id say go ride-share on the way back if you were going to eat here.

Hopefully the new Skyliner will make it so people can access this restaurant easier.

Not sure when your trip is but if the Skyliner is up and running by then you'd be able to take it to HS then catch the bus to SSR from there. Your little one would be able to stay in the stroller until boarding the bus

It is really good. But not worth a potential 2 hour travel time back. In your scenario id say go ride-share on the way back if you were going to eat here.

Hopefully the new Skyliner will make it so people can access this restaurant easier.

I hope so, too! I would use rideshare but it looks like we're already breaking our "no rideshare, Disney transport only" rule for Mother's Day breakfast so I'm not sure I can sell this one. Adding a car seat means more than doubling the ride cost. I may have to save it for the next trip where we'll likely be at BCV and can hop on the Skyliner!

Not sure when your trip is but if the Skyliner is up and running by then you'd be able to take it to HS then catch the bus to SSR from there. Your little one would be able to stay in the stroller until boarding the bus

We go May 8-14 so it's not looking like the Skyliner will be an option.

I had told DH I would never, ever, ever get on the Skyliner (the gondola ride through Fantasyland used to terrify me as a kid, I won't go on a ski lift at a resort, and we have some kind of chair lift ride at our local amusement park and whenever it gets to the next pole I about jump out of my skin as a point of reference). I changed my mind once I saw the videos (something about how it's enclosed puts me more at ease :confused3).

Good idea! The location was putting me off, but it would seem reasonably to grab a meal here if able to ride the Skyliner, especially if at HS.

Great review! You really hit on the entrees of main interest for our forthcoming visit. Sorry to hear about the meat pies but not surprised. Pie crust making is becoming a lost art which might explain why it's so difficult to find pies at a local diner. 'Course diners seem to be disappearing as well but I digress.
That message in a bottle dessert is talking to me however I'm sure DGD and the man will also order the lava cake since all chocolate is good in their eyes;).
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter