Direct Purchase of BLT - Wait Time?

Wait...I’m so confused. How are you buying BLT direct? Are these resale points that Disney didn’t let go through? Do you already have to be a DVC member to be eligible to buy them?
We keep talking about DVC but I would rather have Poly or BLT...I was under the impression I could only get those via resale?

Anyone can buy points direct from Disney for any of the resorts, but if they're not actively selling it (like CCV), the points might not be immediately available (you would go on a waitlist). DVC prefers to sell their new resorts, so they don't really advertise the fact you can still buy at other resorts.

Anyone can buy points direct from Disney for any of the resorts, but if they're not actively selling it (like CCV), the points might not be immediately available (you would go on a waitlist). DVC prefers to sell their new resorts, so they don't really advertise the fact you can still buy at other resorts.
So you’d just contact them and ask to be placed on a waitlist?

So you’d just contact them and ask to be placed on a waitlist?

Yes. Contact a guide and tell them which resort, use year, and number of points you’d like to buy. Depending on use year and availability, it may take a day up to a few weeks. I don’t believe they keep wait lists for certain DVC properties like VGF and VGC, but I may be wrong. Also, be prepared for them to push what they are actively selling (CCV).

Yes, the 0% applies for 6 months on Disney Visa for DVC purchase. There's some weird thing where they can only apply $10k/day to the card but you can either just wait until the next day to pay the rest, pay the balance another way, etc.

And yes, this waiting is maddening.
You can also get a 90 day exception and make equal payments on your Disney credit card, or another card, spread out over 90 days. You can also change cards half way through. This has allowed me to split 50 point add ons over three bills of $2-$3k each every month which makes it much more manageable to pay off.

You can also get a 90 day exception and make equal payments on your Disney credit card, or another card, spread out over 90 days. You can also change cards half way through. This has allowed me to split 50 point add ons over three bills of $2-$3k each every month which makes it much more manageable to pay off.

I assume if they were that flexible with a direct purchase they were okay with putting amounts on different credit cards? Just not gift cards correct?

I assume if they were that flexible with a direct purchase they were okay with putting amounts on different credit cards? Just not gift cards correct?

Yeah, they just want a plan to have it paid off in 90 days. They let me decide how much, when, and I can call them at any time to change the credit card. Not sure if they would accept gift cards, but I doubt it.

My guide let me split mine over 2 billing cycles (basically deposit and then balance about 3 weeks later) but 90 days?!!

So, if you time it right, you could have about 10 months to pay it off - interest free. That's not bad. Plus your 1-2% Disney dollars....

I don't think my contract closed until my payments were complete, but I got my points right away. When did you get your points?

My guide let me split mine over 2 billing cycles (basically deposit and then balance about 3 weeks later) but 90 days?!!

So, if you time it right, you could have about 10 months to pay it off - interest free. That's not bad. Plus your 1-2% Disney dollars....

I don't think my contract closed until my payments were complete, but I got my points right away. When did you get your points?

Exactly. Timing it right with the Disney VISA allows you to pay it off over longer than six months. I got my points right away. I just did an add on last week and did the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!