Dis Dad with Non-Dis Wife and family...

GhibliFan

Earning My Ears
We've been to WDW a fair amount. Not as many as some but not as few as others. We went a lot more before my kid came (odd, huh?)

We've taken my DD 3 times.

My wife has been burned out on WDW for awhile now. The last time this past May, her friends invited us and we had a blast with them.

I fear, though, with her burned out and my DD not a huge fan, that I will have to argue to get another trip. I will say that she is intrigued with Star Wars land and the Star Wars themed hotel but I was hoping to visit again before then...

Anyone else in a similar boat? I would probably relocate closer and do the AP thing so I could go whenever.

Oh well...

It’s easy for at least one person in the family to get burned out by Disney over time.

Last year we did a trip out west. Started in Phoenix spent some time at the Grand Canyon. Then on to Zion. Then to Vegas, and finally on to Anaheim for a couple days at Disneyland.

The family got some variety, and I still got some Disney .

Last edited:
It’s easy for at least one person in the family to get burned out by Disney over time.

Last year we did a trip out west. Started in Phoenix spent some time at the Grand Canyon. Then on to Zion. Then to Vegas, and finally on to Anaheim for a couple days at Disneyland.

The family got some variety, and I still got some Disney .

Also, on our California Adventure day, I took the kids for a few hours and we dropped my wife off at the hotel adjacent to the park for a massage package. This was a surprise for her from the kids and I.

Goal was to make her Disneyland experience a little less hardcore-Disney than mine.

We also stayed at a great Marriott courtyard across the street which also lowered the total amount of Disney for her (and much less expensive).

If you can afford it lure her with a split stay. Mention its time to spend a few days at Universal and book like 3 days there (more than enough time) and finish up with 4 or 5 at WDW.

Anyway you could take a trip by yourself? My wife isn't a big Disney fan, and while she's willing to take our DD down I'm afraid that'll be it. Maybe if DD becomes a huge fan, she'll let me take our DD down during the summer school break while she stays home and works? Hmmmm :scratchin Actually, I can see that happening. My wife's self-employed, and the summer months are some of her busiest times of the year. But on to your problem. Maybe if you ask and she doesn't want to go, it'll be ok if you go solo. Take along weekend instead of a week. Who knows, it might work.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!