DIS Dads Rumors

There has been a lot of talk, over in the DVC forums about a "Villas Grand Floridian".

I think this is confirmed as papers were filled on construction there...not sure where I read that though...

DVC is getting a new logo.

loo608752SMALL.jpg

Yeah, they have started using the new logo. There was a big write up in the last "Disney Files".

Think the Tiki room has been confirmed now. Only thing I thought was happenning re resorts was an extension to one of the Value resorts with Family Suites.

The way they keep pushing back the opening date, the rumour might as well be that it opens August 15. Hope so, will be there later that week

There has been a lot of talk, over in the DVC forums about a "Villas Grand Floridian".

I think this is confirmed as papers were filled on construction there...not sure where I read that though...
There have been construction permits pulled, but no confirmation that the permits are related to building DVC units - or even hotel room units. So far, the only permit information with any details is that a permit was pulled for the placement of a temporary trailer (commonly used as a construction office), which as fueled the speculation that the Villas at the Grand Floridian were being built. It is still possible that this will be a much smaller project.

Some of the early information suggested that it may be connected to the Wedding Pavilion. While Grand Floridian DVC makes some sense, another possibility that makes sense to me is that they could be building a small collection of Grand Floridian Bridal Suites. The idea being that they can sell them for a premium price over regular rooms, but keep the price from being quite as high as a Suite at the GF or Poly, because the usual amenities wouldn't be right there (no restaurants/gift shops/etc. right there, but also no associated foot traffic).

OK...not really rumors here just my imagination going wild.

Which 2 attractions get busted on more than any other at the Magic Kingdom.

NO not "...it's a small world"

"Stitch's Great Escape" and "The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management"

We all now know that the Tiki Room is going to be re-imagined "into a version reminiscent of the original show."

I have said a couple of times before...if they must put a character in it...then this is where Stitch belongs...in Adventureland...not Tomorrowland...

Well I was looking around other Disney sites today and guess what I found in Tokyo Disney... Link I totally DID NOT know this before. :eek:

So...now that I have Stitch firmly in Adventureland...we can now do something new in Tomorrowland... Would like to hear what you guys think...

BUT I'm thinking TRON...maybe something with the technology from "Sum of All Thrills" or "Harry Potter: Forbidden Journey"...from the "park that must not be named".

The only thing about Stitch moving to Adventureland would be that the same people who complain about the "under new management" would probably complain about him too. Granted he might not be as annoying as Gilbert's voice, but still it won't be the "original" attraction and I'm sure people will find something to complain about.

I would assume that if Stitch is removed from Tomorrowland, you'd probably be dealing with that same footprint to put something into, unless they move Monster's Inc and Buzz to Pixar Place (like they recently discussed in a WDW Today Podcast) which would give a little more room to work with there. I would think that a ride themed from Tron would really fit very well in Tomorrowland. I can't really think of any specific, detailed ideas that might work in the Stitch building off the top of my head, but I think that would be a good direction to go. If nothing else, I don't think they'd get a lot of complaints if they just did away with Stitch's Great Escape and put a Tron arcade in that building.

The rumor I heard was that DVC is trying to tap customers who do GF concierge level. There us some demand and loyal customers, and in a price range I could not afford, a lucrative market.

There have been construction permits pulled, but no confirmation that the permits are related to building DVC units - or even hotel room units. So far, the only permit information with any details is that a permit was pulled for the placement of a temporary trailer (commonly used as a construction office), which as fueled the speculation that the Villas at the Grand Floridian were being built. It is still possible that this will be a much smaller project.

Some of the early information suggested that it may be connected to the Wedding Pavilion. While Grand Floridian DVC makes some sense, another possibility that makes sense to me is that they could be building a small collection of Grand Floridian Bridal Suites. The idea being that they can sell them for a premium price over regular rooms, but keep the price from being quite as high as a Suite at the GF or Poly, because the usual amenities wouldn't be right there (no restaurants/gift shops/etc. right there, but also no associated foot traffic).

i noticed on tuesday on the monorail from mk to epcot, there is a new section cleared out with construction trailers and offices sitting near the grand. flor. it wasnt there in december.

I'm seeing a rumor about a DisDad favorite, 'Ohana, popping up on Twitter. According to the host at 'Ohana, in early August they are going to group seatings (5, 6, 7:30, & 9), and changes are coming to the walk up policy as well.

With the kids' activities and the way they serve at 'Ohana, group seatings do make a lot of sense.

i noticed on tuesday on the monorail from mk to epcot, there is a new section cleared out with construction trailers and offices sitting near the grand. flor. it wasnt there in december.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find any evidence. Did you get a pic?

I'm seeing a rumor about a DisDad favorite, 'Ohana, popping up on Twitter. According to the host at 'Ohana, in early August they are going to group seatings (5, 6, 7:30, & 9), and changes are coming to the walk up policy as well.

With the kids' activities and the way they serve at 'Ohana, group seatings do make a lot of sense.

That does make sense. DW really enjoys Ohana. Personally, I prefer Kona.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find any evidence. Did you get a pic?

no i didnt but i can try to describe it. enter the mk through the main gate, staying to the right heading towards the contemp. you merg. with the road that takes you to the campground coming in from the right. up to the first light. just past the first light on the right. you can see construction/ office trailers and parking from the monorail easier than the ground. (mono. from mk to epcot) i also noticed before the light i just describe, on the right there is more of them. its not the area where it looks like a landing strip and sometimes you see construction things laying around.

Grand Floridian Villas

In case you guys didn't see this yet (click for link)

The only thing about Stitch moving to Adventureland would be that the same people who complain about the "under new management" would probably complain about him too. Granted he might not be as annoying as Gilbert's voice, but still it won't be the "original" attraction and I'm sure people will find something to complain about.

I would assume that if Stitch is removed from Tomorrowland, you'd probably be dealing with that same footprint to put something into, unless they move Monster's Inc and Buzz to Pixar Place (like they recently discussed in a WDW Today Podcast) which would give a little more room to work with there. I would think that a ride themed from Tron would really fit very well in Tomorrowland. I can't really think of any specific, detailed ideas that might work in the Stitch building off the top of my head, but I think that would be a good direction to go. If nothing else, I don't think they'd get a lot of complaints if they just did away with Stitch's Great Escape and put a Tron arcade in that building.

I definitely think they need to do away with Stitch. I just hope they dont put an arcade in. My kids spend enough time in those at the mall and our resort for that matter, I personally would hate to see it in the parks.

I wonder what kind of re-invisioning they'd do with the Stitch ride. It doesn't seem that they'd scrap the ride altogether.

Alien Encounter was awesome, but really should NOT have been in MK since it made a LOT of adults scream like little school girls and kids were often traumatized to the point that even bribery of Mickey Bars were not enough to keep them in the park. Stitch is milder, but not much. There's still occasions when little kids have to be removed mid-ride.

Could the ride be moved to another park and retooled to something else or is that cost prohibitive? I just don't see a reuse for the ride that fits with MK's target audience (I'm not saying every ride in MK needs to be targetted to little kids, just that the rides there shouldn't leave them emotionally scarred).

Now, a TRON themed ride in Tomorrowland would be an awesome fit and I've always been surprised that there wasn't one there decades ago ... though now there is the technology to make a TRON ride cool instead of tacky :3dglasses

dust-off-300x199.jpg

coughing-fit-o.gif

Man it is dusty in here.

Thought i would open this door and revive this thread as there has been a lot of rumors floating about. Carsland, Avatar(going, not going), Removing the float building and parking lot for a Starwars extention, etc.

What have you all heard lately?

dust-off-300x199.jpg

coughing-fit-o.gif

Man it is dusty in here.

Thought i would open this door and revive this thread as there has been a lot of rumors floating about. Carsland, Avatar(going, not going), Removing the float building and parking lot for a Starwars extention, etc.

What have you all heard lately?

Finding Dory!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter