DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

We've received an email from Capital M in Beijing cancelling the reservation we had made on 19 October. Apparently it closed on 17 September as the building lease expired. Can anyone recommend anywhere else - it's the day we visit Tiananmen Square/Forbidden City?

Thanks.

Ian & Diane

We've received an email from Capital M in Beijing cancelling the reservation we had made on 19 October. Apparently it closed on 17 September as the building lease expired. Can anyone recommend anywhere else - it's the day we visit Tiananmen Square/Forbidden City?

Thanks.

Ian & Diane

What a shame. We ate there during our last ABD. It was wonderful and very busy! I actually considered eating there again, but wanted to try something else.

We have reservations at TRB Hutong (on the 19th @ 7pm). It's similar to Capital M in that it's fine dining American/French food. It's a pre fixe menu with optional wine pairing which can be found on their website. If you or anyone is interested and would like to join us let me know, or if you'd like your own table we can ride over together.

Last edited:
Hello China Adventurerer,

Just a reminder, our next Skype chat is Sunday, September 24 at 12 noon (PDT), I am Mouseketeer.Michael (Michael Bowling) on Skype. If you are new to the call, you must send me a contact request before I can add you to the call. Looking forward to seeing you!

Visas - check
Local Money - check

Now...we just need the temperature to drop about 25 or 30 degrees..

Everyone approaching "ready"?
Nope! lol

I'd say we are approaching "somewhat ready". I still have no idea what type of clothing to pack, and want to pack as light as I can.

Just a reminder, our next Skype chat is Sunday, September 24 at 12 noon (PDT), I am Mouseketeer.Michael (Michael Bowling) on Skype. If you are new to the call, you must send me a contact request before I can add you to the call. Looking forward to seeing you!
Wasn't able to make today's call. :(

Can someone share the "highlights"?

This may have been asked already but this thread has gotten pretty long. I know that many of us have been to both WDW and DL/DCA and several of us have also been to DL Paris. After this trip (with the Tokyo pre-trip) Val & I will have been to all the Disney theme parks in the world.

Wondering how many others will be in that clean sweep club?
We'll make it in also. Pretty Cool - (the may be the lead on the OBIT)

I always seem to read about these things 2 hours after they're over.

Got our box also, thank you to John & Kevin, and for that matter, all who work with Dreams. You guys are the greatest.

Bad news about Magellan's. I've made several attempts to book a reservation on the 12th for 21 people and have completely struck out. It's been quite the process, because English translators are not always available and there's a lengthy wait to try to get one. I've tried all possible times on the 12th, splitting the group into all sorts of convoluted ways at different times throughout the day, and even tried booking individual tables of 4 or 6, and ultimately have been told that there are no tables available at all. Apparently, they let some tables book ahead of time for hotel guests, but they hold the rest of the availability back for day of reservations, so they suggested we go to the restaurant at 10am on the 12th and try to make reservations. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them because after tonight's call, I think I'm out of options. On a positive note, I think I'm starting to understand Japanese.

Laurie

Bad news about Magellan's. I've made several attempts to book a reservation on the 12th for 21 people and have completely struck out. It's been quite the process, because English translators are not always available and there's a lengthy wait to try to get one. I've tried all possible times on the 12th, splitting the group into all sorts of convoluted ways at different times throughout the day, and even tried booking individual tables of 4 or 6, and ultimately have been told that there are no tables available at all. Apparently, they let some tables book ahead of time for hotel guests, but they hold the rest of the availability back for day of reservations, so they suggested we go to the restaurant at 10am on the 12th and try to make reservations. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them because after tonight's call, I think I'm out of options. On a positive note, I think I'm starting to understand Japanese.

Laurie
Thanks for trying, Laurie. I just listened to a bunch of podcasts from Tokyo Disney Explorer, and they were saying how difficult it is to get a reservation.

What a shame. We ate there during our last ABD. It was wonderful and very busy! I actually considered eating there again, but wanted to try something else.

We have reservations at TRB Hutong (on the 19th @ 7pm). It's similar to Capital M in that it's fine dining American/French food. It's a pre fixe menu with optional wine pairing which can be found on their website. If you or anyone is interested and would like to join us let me know, or if you'd like your own table we can ride over together.

Hi Kevin
If the offer is still available we would love to join you at TRB.
If you were looking forward to dining with just your wife then a separate table is fine but more than happy to share.
Either way travelling together sounds good.
Thanks
Ian & Diane

As talked about on the Skype call today, I'm wondering who's following Disney Voldemort's "extremely rude, hijacked itinerary tour"? I'm curious if they've shared anything we could learn from.

Thanks for trying Laurie.... Your Japanese will come in handy... Chuck, Amy and I will hang with you so that you can interpret for us.....we can try on the 12th or just plan on eating elsewhere if it doesn't work out.

Chris

As talked about on the Skype call today, I'm wondering who's following Disney Voldemort's "extremely rude, hijacked itinerary tour"? I'm curious if they've shared anything we could learn from.

So far from the Facebook posts it would appear that shorts have been the norm at all of the locations due to the temps. Hong Kong's temp is down a few degrees but probably not enough to make much of a difference. I think that their itinerary has one less day and I think that it may have been Beijing since it didn't seem as if they were there very long.

Chris

I became a friend of Beci Mahnken recently on Facebook so that I could get tips on the trip that they are on now. After today she will probably unfriend me. She posted that their final dinner today was held in Club 33 because "what did you expect on an exclusive Adventure with me". I replied that our final dinner will be there next month as well and that it is a great way to end the trip. Rest assured Kevin, we all know how hard you worked to put this together and that this was announced months before the other trip. Next month on this date we will be saying goodbye in Club 33 as well.

Hi Kevin
If the offer is still available we would love to join you at TRB.
If you were looking forward to dining with just your wife then a separate table is fine but more than happy to share.
Either way travelling together sounds good.
Thanks
Ian & Diane

That sounds great. Let me get in touch with TRB Hutong, and I'll get back to you. Is there anyone else that is interested in going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter