Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

I'm very excited! I just signed up for the cruise -- our first! My husband and I celebrate our 25th anniversary the week before departure. This will be an awesome trip!

Welcome aboard, and happy anniversary! My wife and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary with this trip

Newbie question #1: Tipping. DH said that it's an American thing so tipping would not be necessary and I said that I thought that it was a cruise thing and that tipping would be appropriate. He said to look into it. What is appropriate and to whom?

Newbie question #1: Tipping. DH said that it's an American thing so tipping would not be necessary and I said that I thought that it was a cruise thing and that tipping would be appropriate. He said to look into it. What is appropriate and to whom?

According to the FAQ section on the Viking Ocean site, they add $15/person/day to your shipboard account for gratuities

According to the FAQ section on the Viking Ocean site, they add $15/person/day to your shipboard account for gratuities

Thanks! And that covers the meals? Is there anyone else that would be appropriate to tip? (yes, I know, listen to the cruise newbies podcast again. I will, honest! I just wanted to ask some other experience cruisers.)

Thanks again for point to the information in the FAQ

Thanks! And that covers the meals? Is there anyone else that would be appropriate to tip? (yes, I know, listen to the cruise newbies podcast again. I will, honest! I just wanted to ask some other experience cruisers.)

Thanks again for point to the information in the FAQ

The gratuities cover all shipboard personnel. You can tip more if you find you've gotten exceptional service.

We usually tip our guide(s)/driver on shore excursions a nominal amount. In the $5-$10 range ( on this cruise we would tip in Euros )

Also, you can tip the bartenders extra, but know that an automatic gratuity is added to your bar bill

The gratuities cover all shipboard personnel. You can tip more if you find you've gotten exceptional service.

We usually tip our guide(s)/driver on shore excursions a nominal amount. In the $5-$10 range ( on this cruise we would tip in Euros )

Also, you can tip the bartenders extra, but know that an automatic gratuity is added to your bar bill

Thanks so much for clarifying this. :)

I am on 444 the day prior. My is a B764. I wonder if they changed your type of plane? I agree with @bamagoofy- I fly on the big D and they change things often. My times already have been changed (only by 10 min but still).

Are you arriving into Rome Tuesday then? We're arriving Wed morning.

Yeah, United is no better. They change planes and cancel flights all the time (and that's before they beat you). Happened to us in Milan coming back from the Italy/Swiss ABD the night before the flight. Our seats were suddenly eliminated with the change. Had to quickly find another flight. No bueno.

Are you arriving into Rome Tuesday then? We're arriving Wed morning.

Yeah, United is no better. They change planes and cancel flights all the time (and that's before they beat you). Happened to us in Milan coming back from the Italy/Swiss ABD the night before the flight. Our seats were suddenly eliminated with the change. Had to quickly find another flight. No bueno.
Ugh united :(. I arrive on the 21st (wed) at 935a.

Went back to read the initial post regarding flight 444 on Delta, apparently it is my flight that was slightly changed . Originally I thought the post said flight 444 on Wednesday. Actually ran flight 444 arriving Wednesday which is the 21st

Last edited:
Ugh united :(. I arrive on the 21st (wed) at 935a.

Went back to read the initial post regarding flight 444 on Delta, apparently it is my flight that was slightly changed . Originally I thought the post said flight 444 on Wednesday. Actually ran flight 444 arriving Wednesday which is the 21st

Cool. We fly in about an hour before you.... until the airline changes that. :)

Just a FYI ---

For those who are flying into Rome on Wednesday 3/21/18 via Delta flight #444

Delta has changed the plane we are on and has changed seats assigned. The change was ok for us, but some of you may be not pleased

There might be some confusion regarding my post the other day.

It references Delta flight #444 that departs Wednesday 3/21 in the evening - arriving mid morning Thursday 3/22 in Rome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!