Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Thanks for starting the group. I think since it’s set to secret, people will have to be added by another member, it will not come up in a search. I added a few people but I’m sure there are some I’m missing!

Thank goodness you said this. I couldn’t find the group at all and was sure it was proof of my encroaching senility!

Wondering why there is a FB group. What isn't this thread providing?

For me Facebook is easier because for some reason Dis Boards doesn’t tell me when there are new posts anymore for any of the threads I’m in. It’ll be fine once or twice and then stop. I come back over here and there’s 20 new posts I’ve missed! Oops! Also, seeing the photos is easier there. I think they compliment each other more than compete. Plus if I’m in court I can just leave Facebook open and watch it scroll when everybody is doing things that don’t involve me. Dis Boards needs more interaction from me to use and I need to keep my hands mostly on my steno machine. Also I get too interested in what’s going on here and I need to keep my attention mostly on the court in case something is going off schedule suddenly. Facebook is sort of the TV I’m not really watching. If that makes sense.

Great idea! I think we might take you guys up on that because we are going to be about a block from the hotel and since it's an air b n b we have no help in the calling a cab department.

@TheMaxRebo @met19
I can't remember who else is on the Dark Rome Morning Vatican Tour. But we could all meet up in the lobby of the Bristol before heading out. Google Maps says it takes ~30min to get there plus time for calling a cab/uber? Would we all like to meet 45-60min ahead of time?

@TheMaxRebo @met19
I can't remember who else is on the Dark Rome Morning Vatican Tour. But we could all meet up in the lobby of the Bristol before heading out. Google Maps says it takes ~30min to get there plus time for calling a cab/uber? Would we all like to meet 45-60min ahead of time?

@DDuck4Life and I are also doing this tour. This should work for us as well.

@TheMaxRebo @met19

@DDuck4Life and I are also doing this tour. This should work for us as well.

Sure, sounds good to us - I did google map it and it said it would be ~45 min walk (3.5km or ~3.2miles) if anyone is eager to stretch their legs

Says check-in time for the tour is 7:05am and not sure if anyone else will want to look for a coffee/breakfast beforehand, so maybe plan to meet around 6am or so?

@Skip3key Regarding the Crotone winery tour. I received an email from the driver that is arranging a bus for us. There are 20 seats and we currently have 19 signed up. So, unfortunately there is no additional room for 2. I've written your name down. So, if someone can't do it, I'll certainly let you know. Sorry about that. :(

Sure, sounds good to us - I did google map it and it said it would be ~45 min walk (3.5km or ~3.2miles) if anyone is eager to stretch their legs

Says check-in time for the tour is 7:05am and not sure if anyone else will want to look for a coffee/breakfast beforehand, so maybe plan to meet around 6am or so?

That sounds like a good plan. We can nap on the way to Civitavecchia!

I did read somewhere that in the past if you had something before breakfast started at the hotel you could let them know before hand and they could have something like a brown bag breakfast prepared for you to pick up in the morning before heading out. At least some people in the past have done this. Might be something to check into once we get to the hotel to see if it's still an option. Not sure how much will be open or what is available around us at 6am.

I did read somewhere that in the past if you had something before breakfast started at the hotel you could let them know before hand and they could have something like a brown bag breakfast prepared for you to pick up in the morning before heading out. At least some people in the past have done this. Might be something to check into once we get to the hotel to see if it's still an option. Not sure how much will be open or what is available around us at 6am.

I was looking at options for breakfast near the meeting place and there were a few that opened at either 6 or 7, but pretty limited. If the hotel had something that would probably be better/safer

and then maybe grab an espresso or something after the tour

@Skip3key Regarding the Crotone winery tour. I received an email from the driver that is arranging a bus for us. There are 20 seats and we currently have 19 signed up. So, unfortunately there is no additional room for 2. I've written your name down. So, if someone can't do it, I'll certainly let you know. Sorry about that. :(
Ok- If we can be "wait listed" thats cool as we are definitely interested! My family is actually from Petilia Polocastro which is very close to Santa Severina... thought about going there, but its a bit further and very small...but you never know

Mom and I are also doing this tour.

@TheMaxRebo @met19

That sounds like a good plan. We can nap on the way to Civitavecchia!

I was looking at options for breakfast near the meeting place and there were a few that opened at either 6 or 7, but pretty limited. If the hotel had something that would probably be better/safer

and then maybe grab an espresso or something after the tour

I am in for breakfast @ 6 at the hotel. Grab and go.

OK I am pending on the FB page. This is going to be like when the podcast went to video. I couldn't watch it for the longest time! "Who is that woman talking with Teresa's voice??!!" I still mostly listen and not watch at the gym. The "Steve in the Park" segments I stop to watch. Love watching a live shot of the parks.

On the FB page we are on the Wild Africa Trek from a couple of years ago, I am all the way to the right and my traveling partner is Trish who is wearing the yellow shirt. She was 16 there but looks 12 and is now 18 and looks in her twenties.

Interested in the Dark Rome Morning Vatican Tour. Just to make sure, Dark Rome is the name of the tour company. Is that correct. Wouldn’t want to book it through a wrong company and end up not with the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter