DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Disney interprets more than 20 stays a year as "commercial". Have any of you run into that? Do you know if the 20 stays is per owner, or per owner and UY combo? Or are some of your contracts listed under different owners? Self, Spouse, Self and Spouse.....

Just curious. I have gone from 0 to 660 in a little over year, and have a couple of additional small contracts at different home resorts I would like to add. At some point, I fear approaching the 20 stays since we like to do split stays.

BTW - I am envious of the club. :tilt:

The 20 number is the chosen number where if Disney feels you are renting out reservations they will contact you to check. Your own use has nothing to do with any number other than points - if you have the points you could book 100 different reservations/stays in a year for yourself if you wanted to.

We started in 2009 - 160 SS points - which is still our biggest single contract. Over the years since then - in keeping with the ‘buy where you want to stay’ philosophy - we’ve added OKW, HH, BC, BLT, VGF and VWL (still don’t like the BRV moniker). Now we have 1011 points - 13 contracts - 4 use years...we really like each of our resorts and have no intention of shedding any and am always on the hunt for more!

We started in 2009 - 160 SS points - which is still our biggest single contract. Over the years since then - in keeping with the ‘buy where you want to stay’ philosophy - we’ve added OKW, HH, BC, BLT, VGF and VWL (still don’t like the BRV moniker). Now we have 1011 points - 13 contracts - 4 use years...we really like each of our resorts and have no intention of shedding any and am always on the hunt for more!

Welcome TCRAIG :)

You need another contract. 13 is a unlucky number.

I am in awe. :worship: We have nine contracts, but only one Use Year. I can’t imagine managing that many use years.

I am in awe. :worship: We have nine contracts, but only one Use Year. I can’t imagine managing that many use years.
It’s actually pretty easy - I use April UY for May trips - June UY for Sept/Oct and Oct UY for Dec trips - and our Dec UY contract is Hilton Head and that we just use for HH

Been a little reluctant to post but since this thread has been a little active lately, I'm happy to say that over the last couple of years we have purchased a few VGF points and are up to 1,536 total points. 1000 BCV and 536 VGF. All direct. We continue to mostly stay in studios to stretch our holidays. Many points are used for our family as well.

Been a little reluctant to post but since this thread has been a little active lately, I'm happy to say that over the last couple of years we have purchased a few VGF points and are up to 1,536 total points. 1000 BCV and 536 VGF. All direct. We continue to mostly stay in studios to stretch our holidays. Many points are used for our family as well.
Wow, in studios you must spend half the year there! Lucky you!

OMG! DH may be sorry I have seen this. I REALLY think our 40 VGF are not enough.:)

Studios with 1536 points - that's stretching indeed!!! Nice!

Congratulations :)

So happy for you! Both are such wonderful properties. We use our points to book 2/1 bedroom mostly. Once we reserved a GV. Should I say this?....I have never stayed in a studio.

Enjoy!

So happy for you! Both are such wonderful properties. We use our points to book 2/1 bedroom mostly. Once we reserved a GV. Should I say this?....I have never stayed in a studio.

Enjoy!

Thank you. We are sharing a 2 bedroom this fall with our daughter and family and looking forward to that. Glad for you that you get to enjoy the 2/1 bedrooms. Do you miss the longer trips by using more points on the larger rooms? Or are you happiest with larger rooms and shorter trips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts