DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure 12/2 - 12/7/2018 - SOLD OUT!

This is the dilemma I was having while trying to pack and keep things to a single piece of luggage. Jeans definitely take up more room than shorts. I ended packing both shorts and jeans. When we get to the DLR area, I will probably wear shorts at the parks (unless it is really cold in the morning). But since we are staying right there at the Grand, if needed for the evenings (and time permitting), I can go switch into jeans.

I think it will really depend on your comfort level with the cooler temperatures. Even in Raleigh, I have seen people at work wear shorts when the high is in the 30's and 40's. So it is all really what you want to wear to be comfortable.

Living in Michigan I'm always ready for shorts this time of year.

Well I have arrived at the Lowe's Hollywood Hotel. Doing a transfer from the airport when you fly in on a different day is rather "interesting". But I made it and now can start exploring the surrounding area.

Doing a transfer from the airport when you fly in on a different day is rather "interesting".
Curious what was "interesting" about it. The times we have done this its been straightforward. A driver was waiting at baggage claim holding a sign with our name on it. He helped gathering the bags and took us to the car across the street. From there it was the usual slog though LA traffic.

Curious what was "interesting" about it. The times we have done this its been straightforward. A driver was waiting at baggage claim holding a sign with our name on it. He helped gathering the bags and took us to the car across the street. From there it was the usual slog though LA traffic.

Well since I was flying from NC, I usually fly direct flights on Delta. But doing the morning flight into LAX just makes for an extremely, long day. So I have opted for the evening flight. So I actually flew in last night and stayed at a hotel near LAX. So I rode the hotel shuttle back to LAX to get the transfer. Well since I did that my flight information was a little wonky for the transfer. All I was told was to meet at Baggage Claim at 1pm. I got to the area around 12:10 or so for my 1pm pick up. I saw all the people with signs and figured this is where I needed to be. So I kept looking at the drivers coming up and looking at the names. Well around 1pm I still didn't see a driver with my name. Then I got a text that gave car information (e.g. make, model, license plate). So I figured maybe I needed to wait outside. I ended up waiting outside and periodically checking the group of people. I finally called the phone number that I had been provided by the text around 1:15. The driver and I must have missed each other. Since I didn't come through the normal route, it took a little bit to get everything figured out. Additionally, I have never been picked up by a driver like this before, so I had no real clue what to expect.

We are going to do the classics tour at Warner bros studio today at 3:30. It really sounds like it will be fun.

I decided to splurge and do the VIP version of the tour. So I will be starting around 10am this morning. Looks to be a beautiful day though. Sunny and cool. Better than the rain from yesterday.

I decided to splurge and do the VIP version of the tour. So I will be starting around 10am this morning. Looks to be a beautiful day though. Sunny and cool. Better than the rain from yesterday.

We were thinking of doing this but we did not look at it soon enough. Should of looked at it yesterday. Have fun.

Take care. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I think we will explore the LA Farmers Market for dinner on Saturday. Anyone what to join us? We could try a small meet up.
Lisa and I arrive LAX at 9:50 Saturday morning. We may join you for dinner as we were also thinking about going to the Farmers Market.

I got into Disneyland yesterday and it was a hoot watching California people react to rain on the drive to Anaheim. I had a blast in rainy Disneyland last night and I’m having even more fun visiting Cal Adventure for the first time today. It’s beautiful here now and I am so looking forward to meeting everyone Sunday!

I got into Disneyland yesterday and it was a hoot watching California people react to rain on the drive to Anaheim. I had a blast in rainy Disneyland last night and I’m having even more fun visiting Cal Adventure for the first time today. It’s beautiful here now and I am so looking forward to meeting everyone Sunday!
We don’t do rain. And yesterday was the first day of real rain since last winter/spring.

We were thinking of doing this but we did not look at it soon enough. Should of looked at it yesterday. Have fun.

Too bad you didn't. There were only 2 of us on the Deluxe Tour. A guy from Orlando, myself and Amanda, our guide. It was a total blast being able to do some things that you couldn't do with more people. Even if there had been the maximum # of 14 people on the tour, it would have been worth the price. We saw three different sound stages and sets. We saw Big Bang Theory, Ellen and All American (new CW show) stages.

Too bad you didn't. There were only 2 of us on the Deluxe Tour. A guy from Orlando, myself and Amanda, our guide. It was a total blast being able to do some things that you couldn't do with more people. Even if there had been the maximum # of 14 people on the tour, it would have been worth the price. We saw three different sound stages and sets. We saw Big Bang Theory, Ellen and All American (new CW show) stages.

We did the classic tour and there was only 5 in our group. Your right it was awesome to have such a small group.

We arrived yesterday afternoon and checked into the Sheraton Universal for a coupe of days over here at "the other park". We hung out at City Walk and did a little shopping before having an early dinner at Vivo (Italian restaurant). My wife and I each got pizzas, good but not great. Back to the room by 8PM and because we're both on east coast time we were asleep before 9PM. Now it's 4AM and I'm wide awake.

This morning will be our private VIP tour over here at Universal starting at 9:30AM so it will just be the guide, my wife and myself. I'm really looking forward to comparing notes with ya'll that are doing the group VIP tour. I am really concerned that we have WAY overspent for what we're going to get vs what you'll get with the group tour. But this is our first time to this park so at least we know we'll get to see and do everything we want to see.

Tomorrow late morning we'll head over to the Loews and check in/drop off our bags and then head over to the farmers market for lunch and wandering around before our dinner. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Last edited:
We arrived yesterday afternoon and checked into the Sheraton Universal for a coupe of days over here at "the other park". We hung out at City Walk and did a little shopping before having an early dinner at Vivo (Italian restaurant). My wife and I each got pizzas, good but not great. Back to the room by 8PM and because we're both on east coast time we were asleep before 9PM. Now it's 4AM and I'm wide awake.

This morning will be our private VIP tour over here at Universal starting at 9:30AM so it will just be the guide, my wife and myself. I'm really looking forward to comparing notes with ya'll that are doing the group VIP tour. I am really concerned that we have WAY overspent for what we're going to get vs what you'll get with the group tour. But this is our first time to this park so at least we know we'll get to see and do everything we want to see.

Tomorrow late morning we'll head over to the Loews and check in/drop off our bags and then head over to the farmers market for lunch and wandering around before our dinner. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Have fun. Looking forward to meeting tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!