Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Well Howdy stranger! How are you doing? Are you and DH empty nesters or is that next year?

We had a few wind gusts over 50 mph and one magnolia limb down and one apricot tree at our place tonight. No power since power lines are down about a quarter mile away. Fun times.

Well Howdy stranger! How are you doing? Are you and DH empty nesters or is that next year?

Howdy! Long time no chat!!

Been doing well. Just keeping a low profile as DS finishes school. He's heading to a music degree next year at University. We don't expect to be empty nesters for quite a while but he's all grown up.
Proud mama here....his final year exam scores placed him in the top 5% of the year's school leavers around Australia.

Hoping to get back to travelling at some stage. We may be heading to France this year.....we've been invited to a friend's wedding. DH and I wanna go. Just sorting out the logistics with work. It's going to be a bit challenging for me to take time off. :(

This time I had to wait 3 minutes 42 seconds after I posted that....we will be going to Carlsbad, Ca. to attend a wedding there, so we are going to fly out a couple of days earlier to visit DL [for the first time]....that's at the end of April - ONE WEEK BEFORE MY DS'S WEDDING! :faint:

Well shoot! We should meet up for a day. It would be worth your while!

Been doing well. Just keeping a low profile as DS finishes school. He's heading to a music degree next year at University. We don't expect to be empty nesters for quite a while but he's all grown up.

That's great (sort of) that he's pursuing a music degree. Been there done that, I hope it benefits him more than myself. Will he be remaining at home while he goes to school?

I hope that life for the two of you is leveling out and you have more of an even keel to things going on!

That's great (sort of) that he's pursuing a music degree. Been there done that, I hope it benefits him more than myself. Will he be remaining at home while he goes to school?

I hope that life for the two of you is leveling out and you have more of an even keel to things going on!

He will be remaining at home.

Yes. I have hopes that this year will be more consistent.

It's been crazy the last month, two days before we were leaving on the Star Wars cruise my father passed away unexpectedly. What a shock that was and we couldn't move the cruise without loosing our payments so 3 of the 4 of us went. Spent my port days answering emails, texts and making some arrangements. Came home and had 4 days to pull together the memorial service with my two sisters. Now everything is down to a dull roar and reality is setting in.:sad:

enhance

....it's DEFINITELY 'official' now....

It's been crazy the last month, two days before we were leaving on the Star Wars cruise my father passed away unexpectedly. What a shock that was and we couldn't move the cruise without loosing our payments so 3 of the 4 of us went. Spent my port days answering emails, texts and making some arrangements. Came home and had 4 days to pull together the memorial service with my two sisters. Now everything is down to a dull roar and reality is setting in.:sad:
...oh NOOO! :eek: :hug: I am SO SORRY for your loss....prayers to your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter