~DISappearing PEEPS~Vol. IV Come Play With Us!!!!!

I'm down .3 today. Not much, but I'll take it. I took a survey with Kaiser last night, and they recommend I up my fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I feel like I eat more of those than most folks do, but I think that's the tragedy of the American diet. Too much processed food, not enough "clean" food. I'll make an effort this week. Next week we are traveling, so I really can't commit. Well, I could, but I don't want to.:snooty:

A loss is a loss I will take it anyday!:dance3:

It has been quite a while since I have posted here. Like everyone else, life has gotten in the way of DIS time. And since my last post, we've moved from Colorado to Alabama. Been much to explore here for us, so any extra time has been spent out and about lately. :drive:

I started out last year at 212 lbs., and am currently at 164. But I have been at 164 since the beginning of this year, and haven't budged much. A pound up or down at most. It seems like now that I've got my goal within my sights (145), I cannot get off of this plateau. I've pretty much got the eating part dialed in, but I'm getting frustrated, and trying to figure out how to change things up a bit. I have back issues, so vigorous exercise is not something I can do. Standing and walking for a period of time is often difficult. But it's the one area that I know I can do better in, so suggestions are very welcome. What do you all suggest?

Are there water aerobics available in your area? How about a recumbent bicycle? Strength training can build your muscle mass which improves your metabolism.
Also, give yourself lots of credit for your success so far. You have made an amazing change for the better.:thumbsup2

I have RA so high impact anything is out of the question. But I love my recumbent bike, I get good cardio without the joint strain and lots of back support. I "parked" it in my living room and do it while I watch the news so I don't have to go somewhere to use it. Most days I don't want to go back out once I am home so it's convenient & easy to use!! Hope it helps!

Good luck!

Have you ever heard of Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home program? She has several aerobic walking DVDs that can be modified for any age and activity level. Not sure if it will help you get off the plateau but I think it does more than just walking outside and it doesn't have to be high impact at all. I love her.

It has been quite a while since I have posted here. Like everyone else, life has gotten in the way of DIS time. And since my last post, we've moved from Colorado to Alabama. Been much to explore here for us, so any extra time has been spent out and about lately. :drive:

I started out last year at 212 lbs., and am currently at 164. But I have been at 164 since the beginning of this year, and haven't budged much. A pound up or down at most. It seems like now that I've got my goal within my sights (145), I cannot get off of this plateau. I've pretty much got the eating part dialed in, but I'm getting frustrated, and trying to figure out how to change things up a bit. I have back issues, so vigorous exercise is not something I can do. Standing and walking for a period of time is often difficult. But it's the one area that I know I can do better in, so suggestions are very welcome. What do you all suggest?

:moped: Just stopping by to say hello! I see Danielle. (HI, DANIELLE!) Any other old timers here? I'm a vestige from the original thread. Don't DIS much any more but miss my friends here. I'm whole-foods, plant based now so feeling better about my eating habits. Neeeeeed to exercise. Hope you all are well and happy! Take care.

Hi Melinda! I have been looking around on the boards the past couple of days trying to find some info and just stopped in to say hi as well! :wave2:

I also don't get on Dis much these days. Life has been crazy since the move to Florida and addition to our family who is now two and a half if any of you who know me can believe it! :goodvibes :hyper:

Weight-wise I'm doing lousy. Between pregnancy, a rough first year trying to breast feed, and the stress of the move, I've gained back all the weight I lost which is sad since it was 70 lbs!!

Those who know me know I have been doing photography on the side for a long while now and wishing I could do it full time. Well, I've been working my full time job from back in Illinois since we moved. I've just been doing it from home which has been awesome! However, they decided to restructure the department, change the job, and move it back into the office. This means my job is about to end. And we've decided that unless I find something I can't pass up, I'm going to try taking the photography business full time. I wanted to do this on my own time table because I just don't know that many people around here yet, and getting word of mouth takes time. This is both exciting and scary, and I haven't really announced it on facebook because I don't want to do so until I know it's a success. So I may have some more time on my hands, and I really want to do what I need to do to get this weight back off again. I still may not be around here much, but that remains to be seen. Know that I think about y'all often, and I miss my Peeps!:lovestruc

No posts on here i9n a very long time!!!!

Lynda ~ We need an update! Did you get another job or have you gone full time with the photography? How is this all working out!

OK I need a recommitment ceremony! Gotta get off my butt and start taking this seriously! HELP! I have to remember it's baby steps, but I always seem to lose track of that! I mean if I lose 1 pound a week (which really should be very doable at the start) I'll be 52 pounds lighter this time next year. That is incredibly significant, but I can't seem to keep that in my head!

Just stopping by to say hello to anyone that may occasionally pop in. :wave2: It's been a long time since I checked in on the Peeps.

Just done a search of this thread and my last post was January 2011 on page 122. Wow. Where has the time gone?

Been A SUPER long time since I have been on.. and rollercoaster of a ride since I left. Looks like this place is not very busy anymore. But if you guys want me to start a new thread up just let me know.

Hi everyone! I was a part of this group ages ago...I'm looking for a community that I can both encourage and receive encouragement as I work towards better health! It looks like it's been a couple of months since anyone posted here, but I'd like to join (re-join?) today! Hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy and safe! - Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!